Home

Intangibles attribute

This is a discussion on Intangibles attribute within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

OVR: 0
Intangibles attribute

It seems a lot of people here and on Reddit are talking about this recently. I get that the devs don't two greasy rat turds about the customers and so they're never going to tell us what the atts or badges actually do. But it seems that a lot of people think that Intangibles is a meaningless att that they only use to manipulate overalls.

Is there any actual evidence to support that theory, or is it just an assumption because the devs haven't told us what it does and whatever effect it has is invisible, so people assume it's meaningless?

I personally don't buy the argument that it's used only to manipulate overalls. Why would 2k care? They couldn't care less if the customers complain - they've proven that repeatedly. And even if they did, they could make it to where the att isn't visible to the user and it would accomplish exactly the same thing. Occam's Razor says the att has a purpose. But what say you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Intangibles attribute

Intagibles is how a players performes in clutch games/moments

I am not sure if it is useful on MyTeam

That said when the Amethyst Harden for example has LOWER intagibles rating than the ruby one, someone needs to wonder what is going on right?

At least in moment cards there should be a concistency
Old 01-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Intagibles is how a players performes in clutch games/moments
Where do you get this info from?
Old 01-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Where do you get this info from?
It is the world we use in my country for real basketball situations. Mental toughness and stuff

I am guessing it should be coming from the nba
Old 01-07-2017, 04:24 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
It is the world we use in my country for real basketball situations. Mental toughness and stuff

Okay, so your just making an assumption.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2017, 04:43 PM   #6
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
I personally don't buy the argument that it's used only to manipulate overalls. Why would 2k care? They couldn't care less if the customers complain - they've proven that repeatedly. And even if they did, they could make it to where the att isn't visible to the user and it would accomplish exactly the same thing. Occam's Razor says the att has a purpose. But what say you?
Uh it's obvious that it's for manipulating overalls. 2K needs to keep cards certain colors to match their release strategy. If these low tangible players had real ratings, it would directly impact their release schedule and their MyTeam profits. Personally, I think it is pretty disingenuous because it hides real ratings for players who aren't obsessively following ratings in this game.

It's likely card release team or what not wants to provide these high stat players but they have a corporate mandate to follow a release strategy.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:45 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Okay, so your just making an assumption.
A logically-based assumption, yes
Old 01-07-2017, 05:12 PM   #8
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
Uh it's obvious that it's for manipulating overalls. 2K needs to keep cards certain colors to match their release strategy. If these low tangible players had real ratings, it would directly impact their release schedule and their MyTeam profits. Personally, I think it is pretty disingenuous because it hides real ratings for players who aren't obsessively following ratings in this game.

It's likely card release team or what not wants to provide these high stat players but they have a corporate mandate to follow a release strategy.
Right, what you just said is exactly what I referenced in my original post, and I even offered a counter-argument to it. I'm asking if there is any actual evidence to support these claims, because I haven't seen it.

There doesn't seem to be a consistent release strategy, so I don't think that argument has any merit at all. Moments cards gain a tier, except when they gain two. A guy with an Emerald can't get a Ruby until he has earned a Sapphire except when they decide to give him the Ruby.

And again, if they wanted to have an att that only serves to manipulate overalls, there's no reason to make it visible in-game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »