Home

Screwed over again in MTO

This is a discussion on Screwed over again in MTO within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Screwed over again in MTO

Are you sure that they quit, or was in a connection issue. I normally never have problems but this weekend on Sunday I started getting problems with stuttering and lag. Then 3 seconds left in a MTO game I got disconnected with the 'problem connecting to 2K servers' and it gave me the lost. I was up 12.

I would have suspected my opponent had done some exploit but I was also suffering similar issues in blacktop.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #10
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
A guy ran out of timer on me in MTO and I took the win but it gave me a loss. This is absolutely ****ing ridiculous that this has just started happening. The amount of money people put in this game and there servers still suck

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
I also got hit with this bs and it costed me my friggin prestige promotion. Since then I haven't touched MTO once and started a ticket @ 2K support. I didn't got any response yet but I assume I will only get informed that they can't do anything and it's caused due to server issues.

I'm also pretty sure that this crap just started a few days ago.
Only thing we might do is create a lot of tickets on this issue and hope that they get someone to fix it. I'm not gonna gamble in PD League with this bs again - so for me this mode is unplayable currently.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:01 PM   #11
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

I have a feeling when someone actually quits through the menu, you get credited with a win, but if someone pulls their cable or does the "check internet connection" option and disconnects that way, it counts as a mutual loss.

I wouldn't be surprised if some big YouTube cheeser has recently posted a video about it or something and a lot of kids are pulling their cables recently or something. Plus 2K's servers have been *** the last few days in particular so there's that factor too.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 05:05 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
I have a feeling when someone actually quits through the menu, you get credited with a win, but if someone pulls their cable or does the "check internet connection" option and disconnects that way, it counts as a mutual loss.
I think that's the case, with people forcing a connection error on their end to "quit" the game without having to receive the temporary timeout/ban on playing that might trigger.

What's the rationale behind the mutual loss imposition in the case of one person having connection problems? Why don't they just impose the loss on the person with the connection problem and, even if the other guy doesn't get the win, at least let him get a no-loss and not have Contracts burned?

There must be some reasonable rationale behind this, though I can't imagine what it is.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:46 PM   #13
Rookie

Speculation with regard to why they set it up like this is kind of irrelevant. They probably made a mistake doing something that sounded good at the time.

When people are randomly matched from all over then there is no reason to give losses to the one who didn't drop connection. You can't game the rewards system. I would guess that they didn't intend it to work this way. Somehow their server is a little overwhelmed with this park promo and we are getting timed out like the old 0-0 losses occasionally and randomly.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:57 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2069
Speculation with regard to why they set it up like this is kind of irrelevant. They probably made a mistake doing something that sounded good at the time.
In case you're thinking my pondering this is, somehow, a justification for the problems that exist, you should know that is not the case.

I'm just curious. I would think that there's enough room on this thread for me to make a curious inquiry regarding this particular aspect of things.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #15
MVP

I was 9-1 on my second prestige round.

I started a game and it was tremendously laggy from jump-ball

I couldn't even take a good shot

Mid-way through the second period with scores equal the I got a message that I have connection issues.

I am really dissapointed.

Worst part is I got the 1 loss permitted in my first game of the new legue. . 11-1 is very difficult to get ESPECIALLY if you take losses without actually losing

10-2 would be ok.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2017, 02:11 AM   #16
Rookie

SkunnySF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER1C 3KGSX
So youre saying if I play blacktop and quit I get a W and the 3 picks?

No, not at all the case...just the opposite. If u quit, your opponent gets a W + 3 picks, plus ud still remain the a$$hole for quitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »