Home

whats the community's take on 5 out pick n roll

This is a discussion on whats the community's take on 5 out pick n roll within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2017, 03:52 AM   #57
Rookie

SkunnySF's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: whats the community's take on 5 out pick n roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbandmjallday
...acted like they where blind/deaf/dumb...

Just FYI - I also grew up in the era where people were labeled as "dumb" if they couldn't speak (whether caused from complications with deafness or other reasons). However, we have "evolved" as a society since those days (depending on your vantage point lol).

Nowadays I believe this is looked at as on offensive term, similar to referring to handicapped individuals as "********". That being said, I believe the currently "accepted" terminology is to refer to them as "mute", not "dumb".

Just a heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-24-2017, 03:55 AM   #58
Rookie

SkunnySF's Arena

********* = "ret" + "ard" + "ed"

Old 02-24-2017, 05:21 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thormessiah
It's fake, trashy and cheesy but sadly this is one of the best sets you can run online. All the freelances I try running take forever to start, but 5 out only has 3 branches. It destroys people who spam steal, because if they mistime it and you get past them it's usually a wide open layup or dunk. The CPU doesn't do stupid random cuts to the basket when they can just shoot open 3's especially when you're getting double-teamed. Also good for people who like to play Smother/Deny on all players then camp in the paint. On the fast break the CPU will go to the corners instead of bull-rushing the paint like mindless chickens. Pretty impossible not to shoot over 60% fg too because of the spacing. So yeah cheesy set, but can be useful against certain players.
Great observation!!
Old 02-24-2017, 03:46 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
I posted something similar on the main forum a month or so ago, basically agreeing that the community is absolutely toxic as 2K has gotten more popular and it's become filled with "gamers" as opposed to "basketball fans".

These are people who don't really watch or play the sport and care nothing about the actual gameplay, just trying to exploit mechanics in order to "rank up" or get the "high score" while resorting to any cheesy tactics they can do help do so.

All their marketing towards YouTube, MyPark etc has helped shift the game's demographic in this direction, and 5 Out offense is a direct example of it: I can guarantee most of these people have just Googled "NBA2K17 BEST OFFENSE FOR EASY WINS" and are just following whatever the latest YouTube "personality" tells them to do.
Absolutely, I could see if it was a legitimate dominate player in a skilled player's hand that force me to adopt with a double team or a better defensive player, but it just rewards running up court jacking 3's and then giving up the offensive rebound.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:14 AM   #61
MVP

My god, you play with some guys, you see the cheese coming before the game even starts
Curry/Klay/KD/Love/Cousins/
Parker/Harden/Van Horn/Horry/Embiid/Gasol etc

5 out, with screens anr pops. Amazing what people do, ENFORCED by 2k giving Centers 80+ 3s
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2017, 12:09 AM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunnySF
Just FYI - I also grew up in the era where people were labeled as "dumb" if they couldn't speak (whether caused from complications with deafness or other reasons). However, we have "evolved" as a society since those days (depending on your vantage point lol).

Nowadays I believe this is looked at as on offensive term, similar to referring to handicapped individuals as "********". That being said, I believe the currently "accepted" terminology is to refer to them as "mute", not "dumb".

Just a heads up!

im lost what are u talking about
Old 02-26-2017, 12:22 AM   #63
Rookie

SkunnySF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbandmjallday
im lost what are u talking about

I'm talking about you using the term "dumb" as in "blind/deaf/dumb". People dont speak that way anymore, the accepted terminology is "mute" not "dumb". FYI.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:01 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunnySF
I'm talking about you using the term "dumb" as in "blind/deaf/dumb". People dont speak that way anymore, the accepted terminology is "mute" not "dumb". FYI.

lol ill "speak" (type) how ever i like but thank you

by the way its a figure of speech, taking it literal makes you look "dumb"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »