Home

Best Freelances for MTO

This is a discussion on Best Freelances for MTO within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2017, 11:13 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Best Freelances for MTO

I'm currently running two main freelances in MTO and having decent success, but I want to broaden my horizons a bit. Right now I run Flow Motion Cuts with my first unit that features two bigs and Pace Motion Cuts with my second unit that has a good shooter at PF. I dabbled with Horns Scoring Actions for a bit but wasn't having much success.

What freelances do you guys like to run in MTO, and what kind of lineup do you use with your favorite freelance? I prefer to stay away from 5-Out, but I'm up for learning anything else!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2017, 04:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Best Freelances for MTO

Have yet to find anything as fluid as pace that gets consistent good looks. I want to like all the swing variants (esp hornets) but theyre so slow to get into any action that results in a look that the possession is wasted half the time. 3-2 is solid. 7sol seems good but I'm not a fan at all of the default action from the top of the key.

Does flow generate good looks on the perimeter for you? I can get good looks at the basket all day via pace and manual pnr, but I struggle to get really clean looks from 3 without full blown play calling.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:36 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_penguin
Have yet to find anything as fluid as pace that gets consistent good looks. I want to like all the swing variants (esp hornets) but theyre so slow to get into any action that results in a look that the possession is wasted half the time. 3-2 is solid. 7sol seems good but I'm not a fan at all of the default action from the top of the key.

Does flow generate good looks on the perimeter for you? I can get good looks at the basket all day via pace and manual pnr, but I struggle to get really clean looks from 3 without full blown play calling.
I'll check out 3-2 with my lineup with 2 bigs.

Flow is probably my favorite because it does create pretty consistent open looks for your shooters. If you initiate it at the top of the key, there will be a quick pindown on one side or the other for a 3 from the wing. If you initiate from the wing, there's a flare screen for a 3 at the opposite wing, but if you don't pass it there's a double pindown for the other shooter to the top of the key. One of those usually generates an open look or allows you to get your defender in the air with a pump fake. That's when I step forward for a midrange shot or go to the basket.

Savvy opponents will start to sniff it out and try to manually get around the screens to cover your shooters. When that happens, I'll run a few of my favorite plays that initiate at that same spot, so it looks like I'm doing the Flow, but it's really something totally different.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Gonna have to check it out. The action from the top of the key looks promising. That double pindown at the end of the set looks like money.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:10 PM   #5
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Been running Flow as my go-to offense for a couple months now. I'm a huge fan of off-ball screens that lead to open jump shots. Also one of the very few offenses that initiates at will instead of waiting 20 seconds for something to happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »