Home

Do You Use Flashy Passes?

This is a discussion on Do You Use Flashy Passes? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2017, 09:48 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do You Use Flashy Passes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
The Triangle passes aren't "slow" passes, per se. They're lob passes. So they're meant for situations in which you need to pass over a defender. If you're on the wing and want to make an entry pass to a teammate posting up, with your defender in between, for example. Especially if your teammate's defender is in between also, fronting to deny. (That said, if you use the normal pass button with a good passer, he should lob it in automatically).

The pass variant you should probably get used to using more, in the right situations, are bounce passes.
I see... but what are the benefits of an X pass then? Just the speed of the ball movement?

Cos the way you describe it, I should always use Triangle passes "in case" someone gets inbetween?

Sorry, just trying to find out when to use the two different passes and in what situationz

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-21-2017, 09:53 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballaz
I see... but what are the benefits of an X pass then? Just the speed of the ball movement?

Cos the way you describe it, I should always use Triangle passes "in case" someone gets inbetween?

Sorry, just trying to find out when to use the two different passes and in what situationz

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app
Triangle is also supposed to be a skip pass, but I've had trouble getting it to work consistently, especially when on the move. It would be glorious if it worked consistently when running the pick and roll so I can fire the ball over my C rolling to the hoop and over the help defenders to my shooter in the corner. But a vast majority of the time it forces the ball to my C and ends in a turnover.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:54 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballaz

Well the lob passes are slower. They're slower because they're thrown with a higher arc, to drop in on the recipient.

So you only use them when you need the angle. And you use the regular passes when you don't need the angle because they're "straight" passes that are quicker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2017, 12:06 AM   #12
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

As someone who's played a PG for years on end in 2K, I love flashy passes as most of their animations are way quicker than the default.

Assuming my player has at least the Gold badge, I will use them as much as possible; particularly when driving into the key to draw the defense then passing it backwards over my head to a stretch 4 for an open 3 as it greatly reduces close out time.

I have diamond Kidd with the HOF badge so I do them with him constantly.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »