Home

Is Bernard King worth it?

This is a discussion on Is Bernard King worth it? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2017, 09:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is Bernard King worth it?

Just copped Bernard King and played about 10 games with him and I am perplexed on how to use him.
I am trying to use him like his prime playing days in the pinch post but i have been very inconsistent.

Any Advice will be very much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 09:26 AM   #2
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Re: Is Bernard King worth it?

There are a lot of ways you can use him. For me, he was great on the fast break, he was a great spot up shooter and defender, and he was the player I learned to take off dribble midrange shots with. He was never the focal point of my offense, but I know others have used him that way.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
There are a lot of ways you can use him. For me, he was great on the fast break, he was a great spot up shooter and defender, and he was the player I learned to take off dribble midrange shots with. He was never the focal point of my offense, but I know others have used him that way.
Thanks, he good at finishing and drawing fouls, but i haven't been able to get him off in the post or in the half court.

maybe i should run a play for him to get him open in the half court set.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:38 AM   #4
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexxon11
Thanks, he good at finishing and drawing fouls, but i haven't been able to get him off in the post or in the half court.

maybe i should run a play for him to get him open in the half court set.
Have him pull up off a pick. His moving jumper is money. And run plays for him for sure.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:33 PM   #5
MVP

Yeah, his moving midrange is very good. If you can get open lane, he throws down hard.

I usually worked post up. He has a good post fade. Work the post hop shots. And also come out of post up into moving midrange shots like sidesteps and stepbacks.

I would use a shoe to boost his post fade by 9, and use that as foundation of his repertoire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 03:23 PM   #6
Pro

Call Iso pinch, face up, attack or dribble moving mid/step back. He's old school mid range game. He's great at drawing fouls, getting g to the ft line, and hitting jaw dropping contested moving mids.

I loved him earlier in the year but don't run with him anymore.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Yeah, his moving midrange is very good. If you can get open lane, he throws down hard.

I usually worked post up. He has a good post fade. Work the post hop shots. And also come out of post up into moving midrange shots like sidesteps and stepbacks.

I would use a shoe to boost his post fade by 9, and use that as foundation of his repertoire.
Wow, thanks great information. I am excited to practice this new repertoire with him thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »