Home

Patch Effects in MTO

This is a discussion on Patch Effects in MTO within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Patch Effects in MTO

Just curious what everyone is seeing in MTO games after today's gameplay patch, specifically when it comes to the changes below. Several of them aren't super specific, so I'm wondering what they mean for the actual gameplay.

-Improvements to double team logic for more appropriate rotations and to prevent help defenders from leaving their assignments (will defenders actually stay home when your defensive settings tell them to?)

-Improved logic for off-ball collisions to prevent excessive bumping, resulting in a smoother offensive flow (can I actually run a floppy play without my intended shooter getting stuck for 10 seconds?)

-Removed select dribbler collision reactions that would slow down the ball handler when contact was made from behind (are you still getting stumble animations on contact from behind on fast breaks?)

-Fixed an issue that would allow you to travel if rapidly chaining together certain rhythm dribble animations (momentum cross gone?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Patch Effects in MTO

I guarantee you they did not fix one thing that goes hand-in-hand with the equalizer and that is when you're running a freelance set with space the floor and your guys do not go in their spots consistently, and they keep cutting in.

I guarantee they didn't fix this
Old 04-07-2017, 01:52 PM   #3
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Funny thing is da_czar made an in-depth post on how the double team and rotation AI logic has been improved by removing bugs and now ACE can shine.

And here I've been playing with no rotation, help, and no double teams by forcing the AI for the entire span of MTO. So it's a little too late to convince me that AI rotations and double teams are now usable.

Other than that, I'm sure the removal of collision, loss-of-control, and trailing player bumping animations will improve the game. It sounds like they killed some speed boosting animations which I'm happy with, have to wait on real time feedback on that one.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Czar is doing great on the plays side of things working to address these issues which are not simple. My issue is when I can play the game and do it well and my opponent quits I get a loss in MTO. That should never happen and it happens all the time. Why isn't that a priority?

Until that gets fixed these kind of "updates" are garbage and useless because I don't play the game to get an undeserved loss in a system that requires me to go undefeated to win. It is broken and they don't care but please buy 2k18!!!!
Old 04-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #5
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

These patches are always a slap in the face for MTO players, there are always fixes specifically for other modes, but never the mode that brings in the most revenue for them.

How about fixes the online disconnect glitch? Or the bug before the start of every online game? Or the AH timer glitch? Or the enhance blacktop gameplay and reward system to make the mode more playable?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 04:27 PM   #6
MVP

Is the help/double team improvement just if using ACE? I turn that off, I find this super confusing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »