Home

Diamond Embiid

This is a discussion on Diamond Embiid within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #17
Rookie

TheHennessyWilliams's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond Embiid

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Here's some gameplay of him. I went up against Diamond David Robinson in one game and Embiid just killed him....even though he has HOF defensive stopper.

The drop step, up and under and fadeaway are my go to moves with him especially since he has those HOF badges. As someone who loves the post game, this card is unbelievable. Add in his shooting with pick and pops and he's literally unguardable.
shoot if i could do the post game like you do... damn. i cant even do it like that against the computer.. i need to work on this .. embiid my fav player but i just don't have the mt to get him and i was online during the glitch but didnt notice anything happening.

psn- talkofanation
Twitter- @mrhennywillz

"and then the world gazed upon the one they call Hennessy Williams"
Old 04-17-2017, 07:30 PM   #18
MVP

Embiid is really compelling. I still would prefer Robinson because of Robinson's HoF defensive and Brick Wall and Bruiser badging, but Embiid is pretty special. What really stands out to me, beyond the obvious physical, shooting, post, defensive, and rebounding ratings, is: he has pretty high 68 Ball Control, and quite good, for a big, passing ratings. Also 68 Speed With Ball, so he can run the break, especially if you boost that rating.

I just can't afford any of these latest high-demand Diamonds (Embiied, Jokic, Boogie, Porzingis) because they're getting bid into ludicrous 1M+ prices on the PC AH. I think that the AH glitch really did hit PC and there are some players who have very fat stacks of MT to push the most desirable cards way past rational pricing.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:01 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Embiid is really compelling. I still would prefer Robinson because of Robinson's HoF defensive and Brick Wall and Bruiser badging, but Embiid is pretty special. What really stands out to me, beyond the obvious physical, shooting, post, defensive, and rebounding ratings, is: he has pretty high 68 Ball Control, and quite good, for a big, passing ratings. Also 68 Speed With Ball, so he can run the break, especially if you boost that rating.

I just can't afford any of these latest high-demand Diamonds (Embiied, Jokic, Boogie, Porzingis) because they're getting bid into ludicrous 1M+ prices on the PC AH. I think that the AH glitch really did hit PC and there are some players who have very fat stacks of MT to push the most desirable cards way past rational pricing.
harryl, would you be able to offer your analysis of Season Elite Boogie vs Embiid, just based on ratings and badging? I value your opinion and you seem to always think of a few things that I don't when it comes to analyzing players. I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade Amy KAT to one of those two, or just save the 600K MT I've got stacked. Just for comparison sake, Embiid is going for 300K+ on PS4 and Boogie has varied, but tonight he's at around 200K
Old 04-17-2017, 09:41 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
harryl, would you be able to offer your analysis of Season Elite Boogie vs Embiid, just based on ratings and badging? I value your opinion and you seem to always think of a few things that I don't when it comes to analyzing players. I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade Amy KAT to one of those two, or just save the 600K MT I've got stacked. Just for comparison sake, Embiid is going for 300K+ on PS4 and Boogie has varied, but tonight he's at around 200K
Hahaha: Conjectured player comparison by request. That's flattering, so here you go...

I've played with Boogies up through his Amethyst, though I unloaded that before he had big depreciation and have Robinson, Gasol, and Sabonis, so have no reason to get the Amethyst unless it gets dirt cheap, for fun. Have played with the Gold, Emerald, and Sapphire Embiids quite a lot, vs. CPU.

On paper, I would go Embiid, hands-down. I think he's objectively better as a package, and I tend to prioritize D over Offense.

To me, the big differentiator is Embiid's athleticism and defense: the +8 Speed and +1 Acceleration at -20lbs. Most notably, the +12 Lat Quickness to 80. They're both quite good in Def IQ and other Def ratings, but Embiid is generally more into elite territory, and Boogie a shade lower.

And Embiid is +10 Vertical and 1" taller.

Shooting-wise, Embiid has a slight edge in Open and Contested, but Boogie has one very notable advantage in his 84 Moving Mid (+14). In terms of post offense, they're both basically equal in ratings, with Boogie having a very tiny edge.

In finishing, they're also basically equal, though Embiid is +15 in Contact Dunk.

Boogie is +3 Strength and +20lbs. While EarvGotti has raved about Embiid's post animations, and I believe it, we all know Boogie's are great (though I think his post-fade is too upright, right?), and he can muscle guys a bit better.

The thing about Boogie that kind of stands out a bit is that he's +6 Ball Control (74, so not boostable to speed-boostable) with +6 Speed with Ball (74). And better passing in general.

I think, on paper, it's hard to build a case for taking Boogie over Embiid. The two critical factors being Boogie's very special moving mid capability, for a big. If his moving animations are nice and one is inclined to use them, then that's a very nice, and very special weapon to have in an elite post-up center.

The other factor is shooting animation. Which does one prefer is a critical question. As is the question of their post animations. Post fade most notably, as I think it's safe to say that they're both getting very nice transitional animations in the post.

There's also badging, of course. Same total number, but Boogie has only 1 HoF Badge, and it's Tireless Scorer. Embiid's HoF Drop-Stepper and Dreamlike are way more desirable.

On paper, I'd go with Embiid. The better speed and Lat Quickness is huge, in my book. But I could see an argument for Boogie if you shoot much better with him and especially if you know how, and are good at, using moving midrange shots.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:26 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Hahaha: Conjectured player comparison by request. That's flattering, so here you go...

I've played with Boogies up through his Amethyst, though I unloaded that before he had big depreciation and have Robinson, Gasol, and Sabonis, so have no reason to get the Amethyst unless it gets dirt cheap, for fun. Have played with the Gold, Emerald, and Sapphire Embiids quite a lot, vs. CPU.

On paper, I would go Embiid, hands-down. I think he's objectively better as a package, and I tend to prioritize D over Offense.

To me, the big differentiator is Embiid's athleticism and defense: the +8 Speed and +1 Acceleration at -20lbs. Most notably, the +12 Lat Quickness to 80. They're both quite good in Def IQ and other Def ratings, but Embiid is generally more into elite territory, and Boogie a shade lower.

And Embiid is +10 Vertical and 1" taller.

Shooting-wise, Embiid has a slight edge in Open and Contested, but Boogie has one very notable advantage in his 84 Moving Mid (+14). In terms of post offense, they're both basically equal in ratings, with Boogie having a very tiny edge.

In finishing, they're also basically equal, though Embiid is +15 in Contact Dunk.

Boogie is +3 Strength and +20lbs. While EarvGotti has raved about Embiid's post animations, and I believe it, we all know Boogie's are great (though I think his post-fade is too upright, right?), and he can muscle guys a bit better.

The thing about Boogie that kind of stands out a bit is that he's +6 Ball Control (74, so not boostable to speed-boostable) with +6 Speed with Ball (74). And better passing in general.

I think, on paper, it's hard to build a case for taking Boogie over Embiid. The two critical factors being Boogie's very special moving mid capability, for a big. If his moving animations are nice and one is inclined to use them, then that's a very nice, and very special weapon to have in an elite post-up center.

The other factor is shooting animation. Which does one prefer is a critical question. As is the question of their post animations. Post fade most notably, as I think it's safe to say that they're both getting very nice transitional animations in the post.

There's also badging, of course. Same total number, but Boogie has only 1 HoF Badge, and it's Tireless Scorer. Embiid's HoF Drop-Stepper and Dreamlike are way more desirable.

On paper, I'd go with Embiid. The better speed and Lat Quickness is huge, in my book. But I could see an argument for Boogie if you shoot much better with him and especially if you know how, and are good at, using moving midrange shots.
Thank you, my friend. I can compare the attributes, but you often have extra insight into what they mean and their practical applications. I tend to agree with you that Embiid is more desirable based on attributes and badging. I also prioritize defense over offense, specifically having players that can guard 3-4 positions competently. A shoe can get Cousins' lat quickness into "good" territory for a center, but Embiid's could be elite for a center with that same shoe.

My main hesitation on Embiid is that I hate his post fade animations (same as D Rob's and Towns') and I'm not a big fan of his jump shot animation either. Boogie's post fades aren't the best, but they're an improvement to me, and his shot is super easy to time. That said, if I can get comfortable with Embiid's shot he could absolutely be the final piece in my end game big man rotation with D Rob, AD and Dikembe. I don't think Boogie is end game, especially with Hakeem (whose post animations are incredible) on the horizon.

Basically it comes down to whether it's worth spending half my 600K MT on Embiid and hoping I can scrape together enough for Diamond LeBron, who I've already waited months for and still hasn't arrived. That 4th end game PF/C spot (replacing Towns) and the LeBron spot (replacing Battier or Pierce) are the only two changes I plan on making for the rest of this cycle. I'm done spending money on VC this year, and I'm concerned I won't be able to afford Embiid AND Diamond LeBron. Selling Embiid to get LeBron when he drops seems counterproductive since, ideally, I'd like to have both and call it a wrap on changes to my team for the year.

I think I'm going to get back in the lab with Embiid to see if I can get his shot down. Even with Towns' bad perimeter defense at PF, I went 9-1 in the Diamond League to get to Pink Diamond for the first time. So it's not like I'm getting killed right now. Embiid would certainly add another dimension to my team, though. Decisions decisions...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2017, 12:51 AM   #22
Pro

There's good news and bad news. The good news is I'm adjusting to Embiid's jumper and I don't mind it as much. It's very similar to Marc Gasol's, who I had good success with when I used the Ruby version. I also put in a good amount of time in the post with Embiid in freestyle. I still can't hit that one fade that takes him 20 feet from the basket, but with so many other moves at my disposal and those two HOF post badges, I think I can live without the smoothest fadeaway. I put a bid on an Embiid that's badged a almost exactly how I wanted (DRD, Limitless, Relentless, Pick Pocket, Dimer and Difficult Shots, which I would have replaced with Acrobat). I'll find out in the morning if I got him.

The bad news...Adidas shoes are terrible! I haven't seen a single one that improved On Ball D IQ or Lateral Quickness, so my dream of making him a two-way monster at PF may be gone. What is this garbage?!
Old 04-18-2017, 11:26 AM   #23
Pro

Kind of surprised I won my bid on Embiid overnight. Paid 291K, but he had 50+ contracts and 35K MT worth of badges added, so I consider that a W. I slotted him in as my second unit PF playing beside Dikembe. He'll be a matchup nightmare on offense. He may play Center on D, depending on the matchup. I probably won't get to run him until tomorrow, but I'm excited to see if the hype is real! I'll need all the help I can get since it will be my first ever game in Pink Diamond League.

I hate that he wears Adidas. Is there a good defensive Adidas shoe that I missed? Or is it true that not a single Adidas shoe boosts On Ball D IQ or Lat Quickness?
Old 04-18-2017, 05:29 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
I hate that he wears Adidas. Is there a good defensive Adidas shoe that I missed? Or is it true that not a single Adidas shoe boosts On Ball D IQ or Lat Quickness?
Oh that's a bummer. Definitely no Adidas for Lat Quickness. I don't think for On-Ball D IQ either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »