Home

Pink Diamond Ewing

This is a discussion on Pink Diamond Ewing within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2017, 03:28 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Pink Diamond Ewing

2K has confirmed that it's gonna be Ewing. Seems like timing of drop will probably be with announcement of results of draft lottery, which is at 8pm EST.

Let's please try to keep complaining about locker codes down...I get it. We all get it. It is what it is.

Personally, I'm excited for a chance at an elite Ewing, and feel bad for those who locked USA Ewing and can't get Barkley.

He is in game with this morning's update and profile is up on 2KMTC:

http://2kmtcentral.com/17/players/20579/patrick-ewing

Basically: upgrade from USA version with the outside shot, which is also better than Robinson's. Kind of a lateral option to Robinson: better outside rating, HoF inside scoring badges, higher weight, but slower in straight line and without Robinson's HoF defensive badging.

But should be noted that Ewing does get the unrealistic LQ in 80's and also very good Accel.

Basically USA Ewing with 3ball and Lat Quickness for free. Definitely worth the effort to get, especially for us old heads who grew up watching him play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Pink Diamond Ewing

Correction: he's better than his USA in a bunch of ways.

And he's decisively better than Robinson, except for Robinson's defensive badging.

Undoubtedly would be my best center, above Robinson, Gasol, and Sabonis.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:40 PM   #3
Pro

Good luck to all those trying get him. As always I will be at work when the code is dropped
Old 05-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #4
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Great card, one tiny step below Hakeem and Kareem just because of badging. Otherwise, he holds up extremely well for an endgame card with no real weaknesses. The lat quickness is a little below elite level though.

I hate locker codes but Ewing is one of my favorite centers so I guess I'll try to get him. He won't get a C slot because I can't give up HOF rim protector but he would make a great post PF.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #5
Pro

Ewing and Hakeem are very similar, but Hakeem has way better badging. I'm hoping they don't drop this one in large quantities like they did Wade, but at least I know I've got the bigs to stop him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 04:05 PM   #6
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Hakeem is definitely on a different level, don't forget Dream has better 3 and more importantly corner hotspots.

Best comparison for Ewing is PD Duncan. Very very similar players. Ewing has the better athleticism but Duncan has the HOF Defensive Stopper.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #7
Banned

jschmib's Arena

I really hate 2k.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
Great card, one tiny step below Hakeem and Kareem just because of badging. Otherwise, he holds up extremely well for an endgame card with no real weaknesses. The lat quickness is a little below elite level though.
Ah, that's right...with what they gave Kareem, Gobert, and Hakeem.

One thing about Ewing, though, is that he has 82 Acceleration, which is elite for a 5. +12 compared to Hakeem. And -15 Pounds, so aggregately, Ewing might actually be better in the mobility sense.

Ewing is also generally more athletic than one sees in the 7-footers with bigger frames (aside from Wilt). 95 Vertical (Hakeem at 85) and 98/90/85 Standing/Driving/Contact Dunk.

That said, I certainly agree that Hakeem is better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »