Home

Do you feel bad using 5outs?

This is a discussion on Do you feel bad using 5outs? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #9
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you feel bad using 5outs?

Never used 5 out for a single possesion in MTO, still won 75% of the time. Only time I used it was for the 60 pt. challenges w/ Klay or Melo or something like that against the CPU.

I've been pretty average lately though after playing Madden & GTA for a couple of months. I came back to find that the only people that still play MTO are the 5 out try hards lol.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:37 AM   #10
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
Never used 5 out for a single possesion in MTO, still won 75% of the time. Only time I used it was for the 60 pt. challenges w/ Klay or Melo or something like that against the CPU.

I've been pretty average lately though after playing Madden & GTA for a couple of months. I came back to find that the only people that still play MTO are the 5 out try hards lol.
that is so true.....at least the most of them... and dont forget the cringy jerseys with the gold necklace.... smh
Old 07-13-2017, 03:53 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
that is so true.....at least the most of them... and dont forget the cringy jerseys with the gold necklace.... smh
They all have a black courts and space art everywhere. Or drake logos. It's unbelievably annoying to me that I sometimes have to play on a black - or worse, neon green - court.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2017, 07:31 AM   #12
Banned

How have I got this far into the year and this far in the mode and I don't even know what a 5 out is? Someone care to explain?
Old 08-03-2017, 12:39 PM   #13
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweemwee
How have I got this far into the year and this far in the mode and I don't even know what a 5 out is? Someone care to explain?
A set offense in basketball where all 5 players primary position on the court is to stay out of the three point line, and mostly to set on ball screens.

From there, you as a defender can choose to help guard the paint with your nearest defender or play on ball with no help.

Reason why so many people hate it is because it's a lose-lose situation. You can't play on ball that well because you're sliding on ice and the ball handler can speed boost at an unrealistic pace, and you can't help in the paint because whoever you sag off is more than likely a 90 rated 3 point shooting Center.

There's ways around it like playing a 2-3 zone, but eventually patience is rewarded and enough passes will find the easy three pointer too.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:46 PM   #14
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

I don't feel "bad" but what I do feel is unfulfilled. It's boring.

1. Spread floor
2. Call for pick
3. Speed boost
4. Hit open shooter
5. Repeat

I honestly wouldn't mind if it wasn't so overpowered and impossible to compete with. Contrary to popular belief, it's a real strategy. The Cavs pretty much play 5-Out anytime Thompson isn't in the game. They're probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league so something is clearly working.

My problem is that no other form of offense is this efficient. We watched the Warriors systematically destroy Cleveland, even with a true center on the floor. 2K has to work on making other types of offense effective so we aren't forced to run this offense just to compete. If I'm lucky enough to get Olajuwan, I don't want him relegated to standing in the corner and doing Pick n Pops. I don't want Kobe on my team just to be a spot up shooter. I want to play realistic basketball.

2K needs to bring in chemistry like MUT did or something. If somebody is gonna play small and 5-out, I want them abused by my true center. Not just in the post, but rebounds and all that. Also put an end to these super cheese players. KP, Thon, etc.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:54 AM   #15
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

The only way to combat a 5 Out in my limited experience is to put your best defenders on their PG & SG or someone long like Giannis.

However if they have 2 quick guards AND lebron you can't stop them all.

It's completely ruined the game and I can believe people are happy just playing the game that way. As posted above it's boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »