Home

Difficulty in MT is absolute BS

This is a discussion on Difficulty in MT is absolute BS within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2017, 01:33 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Difficulty in MT is absolute BS

So making it challenging is one thing... I always feel like I shouldn't get too comfortable at the beginning of domination when it's on rookie, and honestly I'm fine with pro and all-star levels being harder this year...but the way that they tune up the difficulty is by throttling you on layups and wide open shots, while letting the CPU hit contested floaters and every, I mean every, I mean every open 3. And you can't manage to dribble in medium traffic or fire one skip pass or quick inside pass without turning it over, but you can play great position defense and play the lanes perfectly off ball, and you'll never be able to force a turnover, instead if anything they drop it momentarily, just long enough for your AI teammates to jump out of position, then they pick it up and finish.

There's a point to this rant, I promise. There is a way to increase the difficulty appropriately to where you can still play good basketball and be forced to play better basketball because the CPU now plays better basketball. Guys do it every year by adjusting sliders. Instead, they turn up everything that makes it easier for you to lose more consistently, and it fits perfectly with trying to get you to spend more VC to find more success. Except NO, we've already made up our mind as to whether we want to pay for it or not, so instead you just ruin this game mode for us offline guys who like the card collecting format. Thanks a lot 2K. Your game is about to join FIFA in my trash can
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Difficulty in MT is absolute BS

I honestly wouldn't mind the increased difficulty if they did away with contracts.
I don't want to burn all my contracts just to beat one team. It's annoying.

#getridofcontracts

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2017, 04:27 PM   #3
Rookie

frankthetanksank's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
So making it challenging is one thing... I always feel like I shouldn't get too comfortable at the beginning of domination when it's on rookie, and honestly I'm fine with pro and all-star levels being harder this year...but the way that they tune up the difficulty is by throttling you on layups and wide open shots, while letting the CPU hit contested floaters and every, I mean every, I mean every open 3. And you can't manage to dribble in medium traffic or fire one skip pass or quick inside pass without turning it over, but you can play great position defense and play the lanes perfectly off ball, and you'll never be able to force a turnover, instead if anything they drop it momentarily, just long enough for your AI teammates to jump out of position, then they pick it up and finish.

There's a point to this rant, I promise. There is a way to increase the difficulty appropriately to where you can still play good basketball and be forced to play better basketball because the CPU now plays better basketball. Guys do it every year by adjusting sliders. Instead, they turn up everything that makes it easier for you to lose more consistently, and it fits perfectly with trying to get you to spend more VC to find more success. Except NO, we've already made up our mind as to whether we want to pay for it or not, so instead you just ruin this game mode for us offline guys who like the card collecting format. Thanks a lot 2K. Your game is about to join FIFA in my trash can
The ramped up difficulty is really annoying. I got so frustrated trying to do the Weekly Challenges because Goran Dragic could shoot like Steph Curry and James Johnson was blocking shots like Dikembe.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:41 AM   #4
Rookie

didak7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetanksank
The ramped up difficulty is really annoying. I got so frustrated trying to do the Weekly Challenges because Goran Dragic could shoot like Steph Curry and James Johnson was blocking shots like Dikembe.
This guy was a beast when I did that challenge too.

I agree with OP. The amount of missed layups and open shots is boring and lame, reward me when I run a play that outsmarts the CPU not put in a ****ty off the rim animation constantly just to keep the CPU relevant.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:00 AM   #5
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Wtf is going on I just loss a freaking schedule game for contracts because I damn near have none and my Ruby Majerle misses a point blank wide open lay up.

Are you effing kidding me???!!!

Is this some cheap ploy to force people to buy contracts? This is nuts. I shouldnt be forced to shoot jumpers all game FIX this please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 12:10 PM   #6
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

What are you guys doing? I'm not calling skills into question, but I want to know are you guys playing good basketball. I haven't had any trouble with MyTeam except the final few teams in Historic Domination. I haven't had to try anything else more than once.

Players that I play against who struggle the most, usually play a style of basketball that worked in 2K17 but not so much this year. Maybe try to play a more balanced, slow paced game. Work in some post game (Having a solid big man is crucial this year)
Old 09-25-2017, 02:42 PM   #7
Rookie

adamsst2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts

Standing ovation. I like to think that I'm at worst an "average" player but I'm struggling on regular Domination. I know there is NO way I'll be able to beat any historic team, much less the Warriors, Cavs, etc at this rate. Guess I'll just be done with MyTeam very soon.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsst2
Standing ovation. I like to think that I'm at worst an "average" player but I'm struggling on regular Domination. I know there is NO way I'll be able to beat any historic team, much less the Warriors, Cavs, etc at this rate. Guess I'll just be done with MyTeam very soon.
What is "struggling"? How many times have you had to replay games and what sort of team are you fielding? You played 2K17 too? How far back have you played 2K and how did you feel about Domination the last few years?

Personally, I get it. We hit roadblocks at various points that seem insurmountable...and then they're not.

This weekend I finished Regular Domination and had to play final MT All-Star Team a 2nd time and went to 2OT in winning, so could've gone the other way. Didn't appreciate them nailing contested threes and me missing free throws with guys like Melo, Wade, and Kawhi that were ~75% releases.

And then started Historic and the MT requirement was a rude awakening. Made me feel like late games would be impossible. Then I figured out that I just need to run and gun and increase pace as much as possible. I had been playing a very slow, post-centric/ISO pace. And now it's easy.

This is the lineup I'm using at the moment, in Hist Dom:
http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/19

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »