Home

SuperMax is a JOKE...

This is a discussion on SuperMax is a JOKE... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
SuperMax is a JOKE...

Nice concept...horrible execution.

First off, the salary cap is already so high that all you see is stacked teams.

I love the salary cap idea...but how about having different levels each week? Keep a low salary cap level for those of us who want the challenge of building a team with a cap restriction.

Now the REAL reason it's a JOKE...and why I posted...

Even if I win...I get a loss. 2K made it too easy for scrubs to use a drop glitch instead of taking a LOSS.

HALF of my wins in SuperMax are either LOSSES or not counted because these cheeser bums use a drop glitch to steal a win from me.

On top of that, I get no MT and lose contracts....so....what's the POINT of even playing?

2K probably LOVES it though...more micro-transactions for them!

Why bother fixing a GLITCH hat makes them MONEY, right?

Makes you start to wonder, doesn't it?

Look...I have no issue with micro-transactions...but there's always a LINE...and when 2K allows things like this to happen, they are crossing the line of being a legit business and just scamming people out of money.

This is why I have ZERO issue getting MT from sources outside of 2K's bloated VC system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 09:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: SuperMax is a JOKE...

Three quitters today....so many babies.

This is what happens when you tie "rewards" to a head-to-head game mode. So many "try-hards" and sore losers. All of whom would rather disconnect and QUIT than take an "L".

Pathetic.

And there's NO penalty because 2K can't even properly reward a victory in this head-to-head mode.

What a friggin' joke...
Old 12-08-2017, 10:00 PM   #3
MVP

If you're running up against a drop glitch that pushes losses on to you, then I'm assuming you're on PC.

MyTeam on PC is not a very good experience, at most. On console, you can find a game 24/7 within 30 seconds. There's no CE for drop glitches or any other game-stealing glitch, or for listing BIN over 100K.

Also, on PC, what I generally saw was that the median floor for OVR of team was very, very high. Once in a very long while would match up with someone random, but majority of time was against some sort of god-like squad. Not a big deal if one has a god squad, but a really bad thing if one doesn't.

Playing on PS4 is not without problems. The community, on average, is pretty low quality in many respects. But that's endemic to playing online games with strangers.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:40 PM   #4
Rookie

I liked the 2k16 concept (i think it was 16 anyway) where you had to have a certain amount of bronze or silver etc...depending on your ranking in your squad to play online. Hopefully they go back to something similar next year or do something like events mode in the Show where the teams overall is capped.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
If you're running up against a drop glitch that pushes losses on to you, then I'm assuming you're on PC.

MyTeam on PC is not a very good experience, at most. On console, you can find a game 24/7 within 30 seconds. There's no CE for drop glitches or any other game-stealing glitch, or for listing BIN over 100K.

Also, on PC, what I generally saw was that the median floor for OVR of team was very, very high. Once in a very long while would match up with someone random, but majority of time was against some sort of god-like squad. Not a big deal if one has a god squad, but a really bad thing if one doesn't.

Playing on PS4 is not without problems. The community, on average, is pretty low quality in many respects. But that's endemic to playing online games with strangers.
I'm on PS4.

I don't know what the deal is...I just know dudes are dropping me when they lose, and I'm not getting wins.

Looks like I'm at least getting my MT....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 11:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedaussie
I liked the 2k16 concept (i think it was 16 anyway) where you had to have a certain amount of bronze or silver etc...depending on your ranking in your squad to play online. Hopefully they go back to something similar next year or do something like events mode in the Show where the teams overall is capped.
I don't remember that in 2K16...but I could be wrong. I skipped 2K17...so I think I'd remember.

SuperMax is an improvement, I guess. But...with all these try-hards chasing what amount to cheesy, overpowered, cheeser cards...ugh.

The idea behind MyTeam is awesome...the execution...not so much.

I could do without some of the cards that are overpowered for no good reason. But maybe I'm wrong...

I wish they'd correlate the card with a SEASON where the player performed like that...and maybe laid back a little on the Moments cards.

Also...I like that idea from The Show. A capped or restricted Mode would be awesome.

SuperMax has it...but the cap keeps going up. What's the point...? And what about people who don't buy the game at launch?

Plus the caps seem HIGH. Would love to see a mode where they cap overall rating...or limit the amount of cards of a certain color.

On my end, I like my squad right now...with 3 Saphs(Kukoc, Jokic, Diaw) and 2 Emeralds (Majerle and Ron Harper). Gimme a Gold and Silver role player for my rotation and the rest I can roll with Bronze guys...maybe with a badge.

Too much of the mode still appeals to lazy, lowest common denominator players. They stack 10 guys and roll with 5-in, 5-out subs.

I'd love to see a mode where MyTeam felt more like building a real team and not just loading up the 10 best players.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:16 PM   #7
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachLou
I don't remember that in 2K16...but I could be wrong. I skipped 2K17...so I think I'd remember.
In 2k15-17 there were restrictions in the first three divisions of online h2h: lowest division was all-bronze, then the next two were limited to just 3 Gold cards and the rest divs were FFA.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:59 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodionMaZ
In 2k15-17 there were restrictions in the first three divisions of online h2h: lowest division was all-bronze, then the next two were limited to just 3 Gold cards and the rest divs were FFA.
Yeah...some of those didn't work well...because it restricted creativity and most people just used the same guys.

A realistic salary cap or rating would be better.

This would give gamers OPTIONS when building their squad.

Do I want a team focused around one Superstar? Or two really good players with some one-dimensional role players...or do I want balance a la Pistons with Billups-Rip-Prince-Sheed-Ben Wallace?

The current mode is mostly garbage.

Suped up, over-powered cards on a lower difficulty level. Ugh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »