Home

NBA2k16 : MyPark Adult Server?

This is a discussion on NBA2k16 : MyPark Adult Server? within the NBA 2K Basketball Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2015, 02:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA2k16 : MyPark Adult Server?

Hey guys, just thought of what i believe is a great idea, and want to hear what others think.

The biggest fault to this Online MyPark is playing with idiots. Whether its little kids, ball hogs, or people who master the glitches to easy 3 pt shots. It would be great to filter all of these Bozo's out.

Well my idea (whether its possible or not), is to have multiple servers for the game. Whether its 18+ for one, or a certain skill level, or a custom league server which is invite only, we need some structure!

Im hoping EA creates a MyPark league so this doesn't even have to be a factor next year, but a good alternative would be to filter out the non basketball people.
Lets face it. Video games are only going to more detailed and hardcore so why not finally market games to adults. Kids are going play them regardless. I would pay a extra $20 to buy a separate server/ league that fit my competitive needs.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the future of online MyPark?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Re: NBA2k16 : MyPark Adult Server?

I think it's a great idea, but I don't think it'll ever happen.

It would be great though even just to have separate lobbies or the ability to play private games against friends/invite only, similar to the custom games you see on Call of Duty and other FPS. Even if the custom games don't earn Rep (like how they don't earn exp. in CoD), they would still be a fun escape from all the frustrating games and players you'll come across everyday at the Park/Rec. Not to mention it would give way to setting up tournaments and competitive exhibitions without having to switch to German servers or fighting to get both teams on a public court.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 03-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah i can only assume 2K will have add-ons next season. Hopefully it will take a page from NHL and FIFA, and have a online league where we make a club and compete in tourneys. Time will tell.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:43 PM   #4
Rookie

This would be a very cool idea
Old 04-10-2015, 11:02 AM   #5
Rookie

I have played real basketball for years but am new to mypark and man I could not agree more. Easily the most frustrating thing is players who do not pass. That is definitely one of the biggest things holding mypark back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #6
MVP

Syce's Arena

how would you get the game to determine who is 18 and older? people can easily change how old they are.

NOT TOO MENTION there are many adults who act like children so dont expect ALL of the ballhogs, etc to be children. I bet majority of them are adults. just FYI
Old 04-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
how would you get the game to determine who is 18 and older? people can easily change how old they are.

NOT TOO MENTION there are many adults who act like children so dont expect ALL of the ballhogs, etc to be children. I bet majority of them are adults. just FYI
Yeah your not wrong. The better options is having people who are say All-Star 2, while ALSO keeping a B+ average, qualify for the seperate server. Its like making it to the big leagues. All it takes is one bad player to ruin a game, So these qualifications would help so much
Old 04-29-2015, 09:31 AM   #8
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabez
Yeah your not wrong. The better options is having people who are say All-Star 2, while ALSO keeping a B+ average, qualify for the seperate server. Its like making it to the big leagues. All it takes is one bad player to ruin a game, So these qualifications would help so much

I love the B+ teammate grade average idea but there wouldn't be nearly enough players. I have a B+ average and I take a lot of pride in it because I've only ever seen 2 other guys with a B+ average or higher. But that's an excellent way to weed out the BS because we all know good teammate grades are earned through 1) passing and assists 2) great all around effort or 3) no turnovers.

Obviously there are plenty of other ways to get a good teammate grade but assists move the bar the most by far, as well as pass to assist.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online »