Home

Players not Dunking?

This is a discussion on Players not Dunking? within the NBA 2K Basketball Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2017, 02:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation Players not Dunking?

I hope this is put in the right place, i really need some help here.
I run online draft leagues with legends/All-time and current players, basically every player in the game (no duplicates).

I started doing these in may on 2k17 i try to make my leagues different than others, anyway i can get into that somewhere else. so a day or two after 2k18 released i had a full league of people (27-30) ready to draft.
So this league is 15-16 days old and its been great, the online gameplay is fantastic, especially since the post-timeout frame rate issue was patched.

Until this issue just started, two days ago i was playing and I thought it was weird my players weren't dunking, I have Kobe, Dominique Wilkins, Jason Richardson, and Isiah Rider on my team, I don't need to tell you they should be dunking, Its obvious those guys, all being in their 20's, dunk when they are driving to the hoop, or on a fast break, etc.

I thought it was just an off game,, but yesterday i played a couple games and still no dunks, one of my opponent had Jordan, he had a steal lead to a fast break all by himself, wouldn't dunk. So the whole league is up in arms right now about why Shaq, VC, Dr.J, you name the player, they're not dunking, and everyones coming to me for answers, but i didn't change any sliders, i haven't adjusted anything.
is anyone else experiencing this, or has anyone else seen or heard about anything like this?
again, sliders are on hof,

please help.
thank you for your time.

psnid: koopakilla_801
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Players not Dunking?

Yes, have experienced it and have been quite angered and frustrated about it as well. Have written on forums about it and tweeted anyone and everyone about it. Have a similar league that I run, and same thing, guys that are some of the best dunkers ever, cannot and will not dunk. It borderline ruins the game. Not looking for dunking over three guys, but when they absolutely will not dunk no matter how wide open, that is not acceptable.

Good luck with getting it to change though. It doesn't involve part of the game that brings in extra money for them, so they don't bother. Get 2K every year, but will not be in the future with the way they've become so money hungry that they neglect gameplay elements like this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-02-2017, 11:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Players not Dunking?

As an update - you need to adjust their tendencies. For my team, I have vintage Vince Carter. I checked his tendencies out and they had him as a 15 for Driving Dunk!!! I bumped that up to 85 or 90 and he was finally dunking in the next game I played. It's ridiculous this is messed up for so many players, and I'm not going through and editing the tendencies for all of these players.

But, this does appear to be a temporary fix until when/if 2K actually addresses it themselves and fixes it. Tendencies seem to be the cause. I hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online »