Home

NBA 2K22 Attention to Detail Historic Roster (PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 Attention to Detail Historic Roster (PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2022, 11:14 PM   #1
Rookie

DancyHercules3's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K22 Attention to Detail Historic Roster (PS5)

As a part of the ATD Roster editors group, I present to you the ATD Historic Roster. This was a project long in the plans/making. Being a classic head, this is a very important project to me that started all the way back in 2K20 that I never was able to finish. That is gonna change going forward as this roster serves as not only a release for 2K22 but it is also a Database for the future yearly releases. It is my attempt at bringing the most realistic basketball and gameplay experience of the Historic Teams in NBA 2K while also using all the formulas and aspects that made the ATD rosters so special.

This project would have never been possible without the help of these guys

CelticLG (Creator of the ATD rosters)
MJWizards (For the base roster)
JayelzSantana (Creator of the amazing ATD gameplay sliders)

Roster:

PS5: ATD 2K22 Historic Roster (PSN: YGBreezay)

Currently still a W.I.P., the plan is to have it all finished around August 10th. Progress will be updated in the file description.

(57/67 teams done) Team list can be checked here.

Sliders:

Gameplay: Throwback (PSN: JayelzSantana) [Game Speed: 57]
MyNBA Setup: ATD Historic Official (PSN: YGBreezay)

It is highly recommended that you use these sliders for the roster in any case of finding great gameplay and realism.

WHAT'S INCLUDED:

1. FILLED ROSTERS (*Many thanks to MJWizards for the help*)
- Each team rosters are filled with at least 13 players that was on the roster at the end of the season/Playoffs.
- Some teams have left over players from previous years or players that were released mid-season. I decided to leave it this way as it would make for a much better overall experience when playing MyLeague.

2. ATD STYLE ATTRIBUTES & RATINGS
- All ratings from shooting, defense, rebounding,...etc. were re-edited using the ATD formula (**When data is available**).
- With the missing data and tracking for the various teams in the 90s, 80s, 70s and 60s. I have come up with a tweaked formula of the ATD ratings to make sure everything that we didn't have the data/stats for line up with the ones that were available.
- Weight/Heights were all corrected using data from NBA.com.

3. TENDENCIES
- Every single tendencies were looked at to create the most realistic gameplay experience for every team and every player from 1 to 15.

4. BADGES
- Badges were edited and OPs badges were removed to fit the ATD experience.

5. UPDATED HOT ZONES
- Hot Zones were fully updated for all players (**When data is available**)

6. PLAY-TYPES
- Corrected and year specific play-types for each players on all teams.

7. ACCURATE ACCESSORIES & SHOES
- This is where the attention to detail really shows. Everyone had their accessories looked at and replicated to be the latest and most realistic along with Frequency and many specific Colorways of shoes. The best look-alike are chosen for the shoes that were not available in-game.
- Also included will be a spreadsheet of team colors (accessories, socks colors) that was worn that specific season of each team that you can select from.

8. FULL SIG SHOTS & EDITS
- Every single player from Stars to the last bench warmers sig shots and signature edits were looked at and edited to be the most accurate. (*Big thanks to the OS Sig edit community)
- Year specific shots and edits for players. (Ex. Young MJ and Young LeBron will have different edits and shots compared to their later prime years).

9. ACCURATE YEAR SPECIFIC CAPs
- All missing players are provided with the most realistic looking CAP possible and their looks are all edited to be year specific. (*Thanks to the OS community for help).

10. COACHES PROFILES AND POEs
- All coaches profiles and ratings were edited to reflect their abilities of that year.
- Point of Emphasis were touched on each teams to replicate the most accurate playing style of each teams as possible.

11. POSITIONAL EDITS
- All positions were edited using Basketball-Reference's Play-by-Play and or their positionals history.

12. REALISTIC SIM STATS
- Very realistic sim stats in MyNBA for each players on each teams.

13. REALISTIC CONTRACTS
- All contracts are edited to be the most accurate and especially *MyNBA-friendly* using data from Spotrac.

14. MyNBA COMPATIBLE
- This means you can use all teams to create your own MyNBA experience as you pleases. All contracts and various other attributes (Peak, Years Pro, Potential,..etc) were edited to give you the best MyNBA experience as possible. MyNBA setup/sliders will be provided.
- Existing free agents will be edited or removed entirely to create a good experience.

Finally I'm currently looking for help on the Playbooks for teams. So if anyone is interested in helping, please feel free to contact me on Twitter (@YG_Bree). Thanks and hope you all enjoy!

Last edited by DancyHercules3; 08-06-2022 at 10:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2022, 06:09 PM   #2
Rookie

williamsc025's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K22 Attention to Detail Historic Roster (PS5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancyHercules3

As a part of the ATD Roster editors group, I present to you the ATD Historic Roster. This was a project long in the plans/making. Being a classic head, this is a very important project to me that started all the way back in 2K20 that I never was able to finish. That is gonna change going forward as this roster serves as not only a release for 2K22 but it is also a Database for the future yearly releases. It is my attempt at bringing the most realistic basketball and gameplay experience of the Historic Teams in NBA 2K while also using all the formulas and aspects that made the ATD rosters so special.

This project would have never been possible without the help of these guys

CelticLG (Creator of the ATD rosters)
MJWizards (For the base roster)
JayelzSantana (Creator of the amazing ATD gameplay sliders)

Roster:

PS5: ATD 2K22 Historic Roster (PSN: YGBreezay)

Currently still a W.I.P., the plan is to have it all finished around August 10th. Progress will be updated in the file description.

(45/67 teams done) Team list can be checked here.

Sliders:

Gameplay: Throwback (PSN: JayelzSantana) [Game Speed: 57]
MyNBA Setup: ATD Historic Official (PSN: YGBreezay)

It is highly recommended that you use these sliders for the roster in any case of finding great gameplay and realism.

WHAT'S INCLUDED:

1. FILLED ROSTERS (*Many thanks to MJWizards for the help*)
- Each team rosters are filled with at least 13 players that was on the roster at the end of the season/Playoffs.
- Some teams have left over players from previous years or players that were released mid-season. I decided to leave it this way as it would make for a much better overall experience when playing MyLeague.

2. ATD STYLE ATTRIBUTES & RATINGS
- All ratings from shooting, defense, rebounding,...etc. were re-edited using the ATD formula (**When data is available**).
- With the missing data and tracking for the various teams in the 90s, 80s, 70s and 60s. I have come up with a tweaked formula of the ATD ratings to make sure everything that we didn't have the data/stats for line up with the ones that were available.
- Weight/Heights were all corrected using data from NBA.com.

3. TENDENCIES
- Every single tendencies were looked at to create the most realistic gameplay experience for every team and every player from 1 to 15.

4. BADGES
- Badges were edited and OPs badges were removed to fit the ATD experience.

5. UPDATED HOT ZONES
- Hot Zones were fully updated for all players (**When data is available**)

6. PLAY-TYPES
- Corrected and year specific play-types for each players on all teams.

7. ACCURATE ACCESSORIES & SHOES
- This is where the attention to detail really shows. Everyone had their accessories looked at and replicated to be the latest and most realistic along with Frequency and many specific Colorways of shoes. The best look-alike are chosen for the shoes that were not available in-game.
- Also included will be a spreadsheet of team colors (accessories, socks colors) that was worn that specific season of each team that you can select from.

8. FULL SIG SHOTS & EDITS
- Every single player from Stars to the last bench warmers sig shots and signature edits were looked at and edited to be the most accurate. (*Big thanks to the OS Sig edit community)
- Year specific shots and edits for players. (Ex. Young MJ and Young LeBron will have different edits and shots compared to their later prime years).

9. ACCURATE YEAR SPECIFIC CAPs
- All missing players are provided with the most realistic looking CAP possible and their looks are all edited to be year specific. (*Thanks to the OS community for help).

10. COACHES PROFILES AND POEs
- All coaches profiles and ratings were edited to reflect their abilities of that year.
- Point of Emphasis were touched on each teams to replicate the most accurate playing style of each teams as possible.

11. POSITIONAL EDITS
- All positions were edited using Basketball-Reference's Play-by-Play and or their positionals history.

12. REALISTIC SIM STATS
- Very realistic sim stats in MyNBA for each players on each teams.

13. REALISTIC CONTRACTS
- All contracts are edited to be the most accurate and especially *MyNBA-friendly* using data from Spotrac.

14. MyNBA COMPATIBLE
- This means you can use all teams to create your own MyNBA experience as you pleases. All contracts and various other attributes (Peak, Years Pro, Potential,..etc) were edited to give you the best MyNBA experience as possible. MyNBA setup/sliders will be provided.
- Existing free agents will be edited or removed entirely to create a good experience.

Finally I'm currently looking for help on the Playbooks for teams. So if anyone is interested in helping, please feel free to contact me on Twitter (@YG_Bree). Thanks and hope you all enjoy!

Looks promising

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-25-2022, 07:22 PM   #3
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Looking forward to this might make me fire up 2k again

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2022, 09:21 AM   #4
Rookie

Is this project complete?
Old 08-13-2022, 03:44 PM   #5
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstoppableskyhook
He has 57 of 67 teams completed - so no - it’s not complete according to his statement on the 1st post

Last edited by Teleo; 08-13-2022 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Wording
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2022, 01:43 PM   #6
Rookie

DancyHercules3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstoppableskyhook
It's not and I have decided to move this to 2K23, after the announcement of MyNBA Eras. I think it's better off that I put my efforts into that rather than this. I will still be editing this file in the background for data purposes prepping for 2K23, but I might or might not update it to 2K Share (they will have edited ratings/tendencies, but accurate accessories and sigs will be missing). Stay tuned for 2K23 guys, big things are coming on the ATD side

Last edited by DancyHercules3; 08-19-2022 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-20-2022, 05:30 PM   #7
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

y'all might wanna get on this for 2k23 early for the eras
Old 08-20-2022, 05:31 PM   #8
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancyHercules3
It's not and I have decided to move this to 2K23, after the announcement of MyNBA Eras. I think it's better off that I put my efforts into that rather than this. I will still be editing this file in the background for data purposes prepping for 2K23, but I might or might not update it to 2K Share (they will have edited ratings/tendencies, but accurate accessories and sigs will be missing). Stay tuned for 2K23 guys, big things are coming on the ATD side
yep exactly lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »