Home

NBA 2k15 Fantasy Superlative Roster (XBox One)

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 Fantasy Superlative Roster (XBox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2015, 09:43 AM   #1
Rookie

truejedi21's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2k15 Fantasy Superlative Roster (XBox One)

A few weeks ago, I had the urge to create my own fantasy NBA roster, but I wanted it to be different than simply doing a fantasy draft in MyGM or MyLeague. This is why I started to create an actual roster that resembled a fantasy draft. But one thing I was always weary about when it came to fantasy drafts was: 1. All the teams were pretty much even, and 2. I didn't want players to end up on a team they played (or had played) for.

Using those guidelines, an idea came to me about how I can make this roster. I can assign each teams (or as many teams as possible) with an identity. I started out by thinking of a few different superlatives that I could use and the roster was off and running. I eliminated any potential bias by using an online generator for which teams became what idea.

Now, seeing as I did this entire roster on a whim and it wasn't as planned out as it could have been. Some team's don't really have a creative identity (such as the Sixers being "Paul George's Team") and some teams had players that fit their superlative already taken by other teams so they were replaced with players that didn't (i.e. Chicago Bulls Hometown Roster is missing Anthony Davis and DRose, so they are replaced by Andre Drummond and Tyreke Evans), but this is only my first year doing this.

I am planning on making a roster on NBA 2k16 for XBox One but it will include next year's crop of players and rating changes. I already have more ideas for superlatives and I will be basing it less on their 2k rating and more on their actual ability. Also, if anyone has any ideas for some other superlatives, let me know with a comment or message! Thanks and enjoy!

GT: IMYODA21

Roster Name: Fantasy

(As soon as I figure out how, I will attach an Excel Spreadsheet with each team's identity and three notable players)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #2
Rookie

truejedi21's Arena

Re: NBA 2k15 Fantasy Superlative Roster (XBox One)

In case anyone is struggling to understand what I mean by superlatives or identities, here are a few examples:

- Phoenix Suns are the Twin Towers, made up of Anthony Davis and Roy Hibbert

- Cleveland Cavaliers are Slam City, made up of John Wall, DeMar DeRozan, and Kenneth Faried

- Oklahoma City Thunder are the Three-Point Shooters, made up of Kyrie Irving, Kyle Korver, and Kevin Love

- New Orleans Pelicans are the Pick & Roll Masters, with Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, and Amare Stoudemire

- Miami Heat are the Young, Up-and-Coming team, with Derrick Favors, Wesley Matthews, and Victor Oladipo

Those are just a few examples that I hope can get the ball rolling. If you have any questions don't be afraid to post or message.

Last edited by truejedi21; 07-06-2015 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:49 PM   #3
Rookie

is there gonna be any legends like for example
"Jordan's Team" and it could just consist of not that many good players and Jordan and basically Jordan is carrying half decent players
Old 07-06-2015, 12:29 AM   #4
Rookie

truejedi21's Arena

I had never really planned on doing older teams because I didn't want to mix all the years together (i.e. I don't want a 60's Celtic with Allen Iverson).

In other news, I have finished assinging players to teams already for 2k16. I feel A LOT better about this one, due to the fact that it was planned out a lot better and feels a little more realistic, such as a little more unbalance than my 2k15 roster.

I will be using Rondo & stakzz's 2016 roster to create a test/preview/beta for my Fantasy 2k16 roster. I plan on making it soon, but will wait for Rondo to add some more of the secound round rookies and UDFAs that I have on teams.

I also created a Word doc that has every team's identity and fifteen-man depth chart, using the OS Dynasty Tables. If you are interested in seeing it, message me and I will figure out a way to send it to you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »