Home

SimWorld’s 2k16 Fictional Draft Classes by CWSapp/Dreece/Blindside (XBOX One)

This is a discussion on SimWorld’s 2k16 Fictional Draft Classes by CWSapp/Dreece/Blindside (XBOX One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2015, 03:57 PM   #273
MVP

BlindSideNZ's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SimWorld’s 2k16 Fictional Draft Classes by CWSapp/Dreece/Blindside (XBOX One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
I wish contracts in 2K were given based on past history recently or potential more like how it is in real life. Too many times in 2k there is an 77 overall player who plays better than an 84 overall but the 84 gets a massive contract and the 77 can be gotten for the low.. I don't care who does it but if a 77 overall player puts up 20 plus points in a season he should get a big offer from someone in FA...
One of the biggest reasons I'm happy they brought back 30 team control
Old 11-06-2015, 07:31 PM   #274
Rookie

UKWildcat999's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: SimWorld’s 2k16 Fictional Draft Classes by CWSapp/Dreece/Blindside (XBOX One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757

2) Bring back the D-League.
This is an absolute must, especially with classes consisting of 150 players, they need a place to go after summer league. It's really the only major thing MyLeague is missing IMO.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:09 AM   #275
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

February 2018 Newsfeed

February 3, 2018
Best Sophomores in the country?

5) Jacob Eugene/ UCLA/ Shooting Guard 6’4 193
Jacob Eugene has made a huge jump from his freshman to sophomore year. Eugene went from a second or third option on the team to being a prolific scorer for the Bruins. Eugene’s amazing year this year has everyone saying “Darius Dedmon who”. Eugene is small but he is quick as hell and has the ability to stop in his tracks to hit that mid range jumper with ease. Eugene himself doesn’t feel like he is ready for the NBA but when he does come out he will be a first rounder.
If he Left After This Year: Mid to Late First Round
Likelihood that he will leave: 30%

4) Derrick Long/ Texas/ Power Forward 6’10 240
Derrick Long may have suffered an injury but he has come back even stronger. Long is the emotional leader on what appears to be the best team in the entire nation. Long definitely lacks a consistent offensive game but he is a smart player and an excellent post defender. He looks to deny shoots with emphasis and is a big reason why teams struggle to score 60+ points on the Longhorns. No one is quite sure if Long will be leaving this year but the first round will definitely be waiting for him when he does.
If he Left After This Year: Lottery to Mid First Round
Likelihood that he will leave: 30%

3) Elijah Nixon/ Duke/ Center 6’11 242
Everyone is always looking for a reliable big man and Nixon will be one of the best available when he comes out. Nixon showed flashes on last year’s great Blue Devil team but this year he has shown major improvements scoring in the post. He is a finesse post scorer with a variety of post moves. Although he does need to get stronger, that is something that he can work on but not many players possess the skill that this young man has in the post. I think he will be gone after this season.
If he Left After This Year: Lottery Pick
Likelihood that he will leave: 75%

2) Vergil McAlister/ North Carolina/ Power Forward 6’9 251
As you can see, the ACC is not short of big time NBA prospects this year. Vergil McAlister is one of the best rebounders in the nation and will more than likely finish in the top ten when it is all said and done. While he does need to improve in some areas his potential and current ability as a rebounder can not be ignored. I expect to see McAlister go pretty damn high when he does decide to leave.
If he Left After This Year: High Lottery Pick
Likelihood that he will leave: 50%

1) Solomon Myers/ New Mexico/ Point Guard 6’6 210
There is absolutely no debate here as Myers could have been a top three pick if he left last year. That doesn’t seem to be changing as the young guard continues to get better. Myers can do a bit of everything as he has been the teams go to scorer, best defender and is averaging over 6 rebounds and assists per game. Myers has the potential to be one of the best point guards in the game in the future and I think this is the year that he finally makes himself available.
If he Left After This Year: Top Three Pick
Likelihood that he will leave: 70%

February 7, 2018
Can anyone stop the Longhorns?

Well, the simple answer to that question appears to be… no. The Longhorns are absolutely stacked with at least seven potential NBA prospects. The big men are the key to this team led by forwards Chase Reynolds and Derrick Long. Long is one of the best defenders in the nation and Chase Reynolds is a stretch four with a beautiful stroke. Freshman centers Deboi Austin and Asa Washington are also getting better each game. Freshman Marlon Lewis is living up to expectations as he is in the top 20 for assists per game and freshman has shown the ability to get to the rim at will. This team is 23 and 0 at the moment and has a serious chance to go undefeated.

February 11, 2018

Malcolm Curtis may not be a big time prospect but man is he fun to watch

Raise your hand if you have ever seen a Stony Brook basketball game? I doubt many hands are up but there is one player who is giving fans a reason to tune in. Malcolm Curtis is currently ranked at #280 on out Big Board. He struggles on the defensive end, he makes some bad decisions and he doesn’t have the potential that a lot of these bigger name players have. What Curtis does have though is a green light to shoot the ball from behind the arc is he is never shy about doing that. Coming off of a 36 point game, Curtis is leading the nation in scoring with 24. 5 points per game. While you may not draft this young man, he is someone that you may want to pick up on your summer league team. Who knows… he may be worth a spot.

February 15, 2018
Top Five “Summer League” players for next year

After writing the article on Malcolm Curtis, we decided to give you guys another list (this might as well just be a month of lists because it seems that is all that I am giving you guys). Like we always tell you guys, it is not always about the big name players. Every year there are players that we know won’t get drafted but could still make some noise in the Summer League and make a case to take a roster spot. Let’s look at some seniors that we know will be waiting in free agency after the draft this year.

5) Tryston Gonzales/ Georgia State/ Point Guard 6’0 168
Big Board Ranking: #431

Let’s face the facts…. Mr. Gonzales is simply not good enough to get drafted but that’s ok. Playing in one of the weaker conferences in the nation, Gonzales has played great and looks to be running away with the assists title this year. As a former quarterback and pitcher in high school, Gonzales is a great passer and would be a good pick to run your offense coming off the bench in the summer league.

4) Shaquille Perrier/ Dayton/ Power Forward 6’9 248
Big Board Ranking: #370

So Shaquille Perrier is not going to get drafted because he doesn’t know how to defend or play on either side of the ball in the paint. What Perrier can do is shoot the ball. As one of the better shooting big men in the nation, he would be an interesting pick up on any summer league roster.

3) Jevonte Young/ Deleware/ Point Guard 6’0 169
Big Board Ranking: #257

Jevonte Young may be a name that rings a bell if you pay attention to our stats. Young was in the top 20 in the country in assists per game last year and looks as if he will do it again this year. He is also lightning fast and should easily be able to be comfortable with the flow of an NBA game. Give him a chance if he is available to you.

2) Benjamin Louis/ San Jose State/ Power Forward 6’9 239
Big Board Ranking: #231

I am pretty sure that this is the first thing that I have ever mentioned San Jose State in one of my newsfeeds. Benjamin Louis is going to be a player that isn’t on many draft boards but he is worth taking a look at because he is big time athlete. His fundamentals may be lacking and he may have already reached his ceiling but he’s also been on Sportscenter top ten more than a lot of the top prospects. That alone should make him worthy of a spot on your summer league team right?

1) Terrell Fuller/ Old Dominion/ Shooting Guard 6’3 189
Big Board Ranking: #190

One of my favorite players since I live right down the street from Old Dominion. Fuller is yet another guard that has been putting up huge numbers this year. The Conference USA superstar is putting up almost 22 points a game this year and has had games of 31, 33 and 35 points this year. There is a possibility that he could drafted very late but it is highly unlikely. If he is available in the free agency, give him a chance and your summer league team and see if it’s worth giving him a spot on your roster.

February 19, 2018

How about another list… let’s look at the top foreigners

5) John Onassis/ Greece/ Shooting Guard 6’5 206
John Onassis is a youngster that has been just recently started to get the attention of NBA scouts. As a 17 year old, he didn’t get much playing time and was attempting to learn the game since he only started playing at 15. This year, he has shown a lot of promise. While he does hit the jumper with more consistency, he appears to be a smart and reliable passer that can also handle the rock and has the speed to get up and down the court.
If he Left After This Year: Mid to Late First Round
Likelihood that he will leave: 25%

4) Mason Hatfield/ Ukraine/ Center 7’1 248
This one is a bit of a cheat. Mason Hatfield is an American that was kicked out of high school for assault on two students and a teacher (we don’t have time to get in to the details). Many wrote the 18 year old big man off but throughout the year he showed why many schools were initially interested in getting this young man. He still seems to have a bit of an attitude problem but his quickness combined with his continued improvement scoring in the post has many scouts giving this young man a long look. Fortunately, rumor has it that he and his parents have made the decision to remain in Ukraine for another year to allow him to mature and improve his game.
If he Left After This Year: Late Lottery to Mid First Round Pick
Likelihood that he will leave: 15%

3) Nikos Balakakis/ Greece/ Center 7’0 260
Well this is the only guy on the list that we know for a fact will be coming to the league after hearing it directly from his mouth. Balakakis is a level headed young man (19 years old) that has proven himself to be one of the best rebounders in the world. He needs to improve in some other areas but any team that is in desperate need of rebounding should pick up this big man immediately.
Likelihood that he will leave: 99%

2) Zlatko Jakupovic/ Bosnia/ Power Forward 6’10 240
Not much is known about Jakupovic and his plans for the end of the year. Blindside has told me that it could go either way as far as the 20 year old entering the draft. For what it is worth, Jakupovic has shown a lot of improvement over his game from last year as he has gotten stronger and appears more comfortable in the paint. A mid range jumper could make this guy a top five guy but he is currently a lottery pick.

1) Amancio Cortez/ Spain/ Shooting Guard 6’10 196
Sadly enough, Cortez suffered a broken leg right after we praised him as a guy that can be a superstar in the league. The injury has killed a bit of his buzz so the likelihood of the 18 year old entering the draft has decreased just a bit. So what can he do on the court? Well, at 6’10 Cortez is not only a great athlete but can handle the rock like a point guard. He can create his own shot or get to the basket. He needs to improve his fundamentals but he has the skill and potential to be a big time player in the league.
If he Left After This Year: Top Five Pick
Likelihood that he will leave: 45%

February 24, 2018
Can’t forget about these marvelous freshman. Who are the top five?

This has been such an amazing year for freshman that I have to include ten. I won’t do a write up for 6 through 10 but they are definitely worth listing.

10) J.R Feynor/ Washington State/ Center 6’10 243
If he Left After This Year: Late First Round – Early Second Round Pick
Likelihood that he will leave: 60%

9) Jonathan Williams/ Michigan State/ Shooting Guard 6’4 202
If he Left After This Year: Mid to Late First Round Pick
Likelihood that he will leave: 80%

8) Christopher Lee/ BYU/ Shooting Guard 6’7 211

7) Terry Roberts/ Cleveland State/ Small Forward 6’7 245

6) Larry Wheat/ Wake Forest/ Shooting Guard 6’6 198

5) Raquan Miller/ Wake Forest/ Power Forward 6’9 259
Making up one of the best freshmen duos with Larry Wheat, Raquan Miller has shot up the boards with his play this year. Miller is a true post player that is in the top 20 in the country in blocks and has developed a very impressive post game. This young man has the potential to be a high profile starter and potentially an all star in the league.

4) Connor Lucas/ Notre Dame/ Small Forward 6’7 239

I’ll just let you know now that there is a huge gap between these next four guys and the before mentioned six. Lucas’ teammate Cole Campbell has stated on many different occasions that Lucas has the potential to be a top five pick and I think that he is absolutely right. A smart player that really has a knack for playing the game. He is a versatile scorer, a good passer that can always find the open man and a reliable defender. He isn’t spectacular in any area but he is very good everywhere and I think he will continue to get better. Unfortunately, he has already said that he will not be declaring for the draft next year.
If he Left After This Year: Top Five to Lottery Pick
Likelihood that he will leave: 5%

3) Joseph Taylor/ Virginia/ Shooting Guard 6’3 206
I don’t remember the last time that a player from UVA has been a top prospect. Joseph Taylor is a treat to watch. The undersized shooting guard retained the ability to play point guard from his days in high school but is an excellent scorer as well. Taylor seems to be more accurate when he is shooting off the dribble and he is also fast as hell which makes him an absolute terror to guard. We aren’t sure if he will be declaring this year but if he does expect to hear that name called early.
If he Left After This Year: Top Five Pick

2) Willie Nickels/ Indiana/ Small Forward 6’8 242
I have Willie Nickels listed as a small forward because that’s what position I think he will play when he is in the NBA but he plays the game like a power forward. He is currently in the top 20 in the nation in rebounds per game. He is also a punishing scorer in the paint that can throw around players that are used to the physical play. He has also been a very impressive post defender and shown the ability to defend the perimeter as well. Willie will be a versatile player that should be an addition to any team immediately and with the potential to be a superstar going forward.

1) Ra’Shawn Michaels/ Duke/ Shooting Guard 6’3 192
Another undersized ACC shooting guard but let me tell you… this young man is a different breed of player. Michaels had a bit of a rough start at Duke as coaches said that he didn’t quite “get it” and felt that his maturity was lacking. His playing time was limited but once he got on the court he did not disappoint. Even with the limited minutes at the beginning of the year, Michaels is still fourth in the nation in scoring. The young man is a blur with superb ball handling ability, the ability to hit the jumper from just about anywhere and the quickness to get to the hoop at will. In the right situation, this young man will be leading the league in scoring when he gets to the NBA.
Likelihood that he will leave: 90%
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2015, 05:27 AM   #276
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

The top 5 summer league players addition to the update was the greatest thing you could have ever done...... if i have 5 open spots, all 5 of those guys will get a shot, unless someone else previously talked about slips away in the draft.

The summer league is fun as hell to play in. It may be backtracking, but anyway you could give us a top 5 summer league pick ups from the previous draft class?

Also another totally small favor to ask, but i do think itll def help myself and im sure a few others, but any way you could include all of your story lines in the pdf? like monthly news feed and podcast interviews? i remember last year you guys did podcast interviews with the players, you should def include a hyperlink if there are any of those in the pdfs for each draft class! i stumbled upon "the league" information podcast, by randomly looking through this thread, and just think it could have been more accessible to others if it was in the pdf. I am not complaining though, im just glad i found it. gives me some listening to do while i play the league beta

Last edited by raiderz4eva; 11-07-2015 at 05:48 AM.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #277
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4eva
The top 5 summer league players addition to the update was the greatest thing you could have ever done...... if i have 5 open spots, all 5 of those guys will get a shot, unless someone else previously talked about slips away in the draft.

The summer league is fun as hell to play in. It may be backtracking, but anyway you could give us a top 5 summer league pick ups from the previous draft class?

Also another totally small favor to ask, but i do think itll def help myself and im sure a few others, but any way you could include all of your story lines in the pdf? like monthly news feed and podcast interviews? i remember last year you guys did podcast interviews with the players, you should def include a hyperlink if there are any of those in the pdfs for each draft class! i stumbled upon "the league" information podcast, by randomly looking through this thread, and just think it could have been more accessible to others if it was in the pdf. I am not complaining though, im just glad i found it. gives me some listening to do while i play the league beta
I definitely have some organizing to do in the LEAGUE thread. I have the links for the audio podcasts for that I just haven't added those yet. They'll be added later for those who missed it.

So many moving parts on these projects right now
Old 11-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #278
Rookie

BDubb3424's Arena

do you guys feel it will be better to take control of the draft and draft for each team, or allow the cpu to draft?
Old 11-07-2015, 09:23 PM   #279
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDubb3424
do you guys feel it will be better to take control of the draft and draft for each team, or allow the cpu to draft?
User preference bro. A lot of people around these forums use 30 team control because in the past 2k draft logic has been horrible.

I don't plan on doing 30 teams this year so I hope the A.I has improved in that department. One option I feel is absolutely necessary is the trade veto. The CPU makes some wild trades around draft time.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:31 PM   #280
Rookie

BDubb3424's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreece
User preference bro. A lot of people around these forums use 30 team control because in the past 2k draft logic has been horrible.

I don't plan on doing 30 teams this year so I hope the A.I has improved in that department. One option I feel is absolutely necessary is the trade veto. The CPU makes some wild trades around draft time.

I appreciate the reply man. I am using 30 team control for the exact reasons you pointed out, I was wondering if I should make the draft auto or manual. I'm not too sure how the cpu draft logic is because in the past it was kind of off. I will just run a test sim and see, appreciate y'all work, and the time you guys put in. thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »