Home

NBA 2K16 Community Fictional Draft Class (PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Community Fictional Draft Class (PC) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #1
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9
NBA 2K16 Community Fictional Draft Class (PC)

MY APOLOGIES IF THIS IS AGAINST THE RULES, HOWEVER THE ROSTER SUB THREAD SIMPLY HAS MORE TRAFFIC THAN THE PC SUB THREAD. WILL DELETE IF NECESSARY.
__________________________________________________ _________________

Hey y'all. I'm sure some of you guys hate those auto generated 2K rookies. They break the game with their odd tendencies, They develop at a super human rate and above all they are UGLY! Since we on PC have less of a dedicated roster of Draft Class makers, I've decided to take a crack at a remedy. I by no means am or have ever been a roster maker, but I do believe I am a somewhat proficient at creating realistic players faces aswell as I know what the majority of the attributes and tendencies do to affect the game.

This is were you guys come in. I could throw together a roster of fictional players with improved faces, play style and accessories for myself, but where's the fun in that? This is your chance to get involved with the creation of this draft class to make it a little more enjoyable for us all!

I'm sure you guys know the drill, but if not heres how it works. Simply create a reply with a few notes on the player you'd like to be inserted into the roster. I've seen some community rosters go as far to the tee as have exact increments of face morphs. I'm not knocking that, but the goal of this draft class is to get a class out that once you've played through year 1 of My GM or My League and used a semi accurate 2016 Realistic draft class, rather than using a 2017 draft class that is more speculation than realism, why not use this draft class of players that you've interacted with on this thread and have a bit more backstory on as well as having some faces that blend in seamlessly with the rest of the league. If you like, simply give me a skin color, hair color, basic hair style (Ex. Dreads) basic facial hair (Ex. goatee), but if not I'll just apply a semi realistic face morph to your supplied info . I'd rather get this draft class out rather than putting it on hold until all star weekend because you're player doesn't look exactly how you envisioned him. You can download the draft class and edit the face to you're liking

All that being said, basically go as in depth as you'd like, within reason. Lets try to keep it realistic as well. I hate to see a generated rookie with a handlebar mustache and a mohawk. Players can have their own styles, but lets keep it realistic. A Sam Dekker style mohawk is more acceptable vs. a "Birdman" Andersen mohawk. Be within reason when it comes to attributes aswell. We all cant be top 5 prospects. Yes I'll need some of those, but not 90. If you'd like to be a highly touted prospect I'd like to cap out your rating at a 78-80. High starting out ratings also come with a price. You my be highly rated now, but you may not have the potential the recruits originally thought, petering out into a role player or bench guy. This is were we will try and make this class unique. Try to craft the player you'd like inserted into the draft with a story in mind. Is he a lotto pick, but he tore his ACL in the NCAA tournament? (Yes this year we can have pre-existing injuries in draft classes). Would that sway your judgement in drafting a player that may be the next big thing, but you won't have him for a year? On the flip side of things, like I said earlier I can't have 100, 79 Ovr. player. I need 2nd round and undrafted talent. With this you may be raw now, but you may have potential like the league has never seen. I want diamonds in the rough. Lastly if you simply want to be named in the roster, but dont care to be any type of player, I do need fillers. Every player in the 2nd round can't be a diamond in the rough. We'd just have roughs in the diamond. I'll simply throw you in as a named player that just occupies a spot. Think of it as the credits to this roster. You're spot is still very appreciated!

Now that all of that is out of the way I'll start with my player i'd like to be inserted into the draft. Use this as a basic template. You can put more or you can put less.
__________________________________________________ ______________

NAME: Evan Cornell
Pos: PG
2nd Pos: N/A
Play Type: Pass First
College: University of Georgia
Birthday: Nov. 1st 1993 (Age is all I really need. Just tells if you are a 1 and done, 4 year player, etc)

(You can give more or less vitals if you'd like)

Height: 5'10"
Weight 170lbs.

Scouting Report: (This gives me a basic idea of the player as far as attributes, tendencies, badges, etc., if you'd like to post exact attributes, go ahead, but i'd like to stay away from entering values like a spreadsheet)

Pros:
Prolific passer and ball handler
Has above average court vision.
Great leader on and off the court

Cons:
Very unathletic.
Struggles to create his own shot on offense.
Simply not big enough to succeed at the next level.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Like I said you can go as in depth as you'd like. If you wan't to tell me wingspans, torso length, etc, go for it. This is just a very basic application. As you can see, this player will be a 2nd to undrafted player, but don't overlook him. He may have major potential. See Steph Curry scouting report "Do not rely on Stephen to run your team" We see how that turned out. Now that all of the nitty gritty is out of the way, get to work guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #2
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K16 Community Fictional Draft Class (PC)

DRAFT IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON 2K SHARE

USER ID: GhettoMotel
FILE NAME: OS Community Fiction (WIP)

'Currently working on uploading an online link'
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

'CHANGE LOG'

10/5/15: Added PG Evan Cornell

10/6/15: Added SF Felix Han, PF Lucas Richmond

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »