Home

Cap's Fictional Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Cap's Fictional Draft Classes within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2015, 10:13 PM   #49
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Cap's Fictional Draft Classes

"Lazar Bohannon"

^ I downloaded your 1st class and upped his potential purely because i like his name so much
Old 12-10-2015, 10:39 PM   #50
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey Cap,
So upping Lazar's potential compelled me to load up some more players in class #1 to see if there's anything else i want to adjust and i noticed some things.

A lot of your players have a REALLY high potential. Lots of guys in the high 80's. That makes this class very strong. Remember that players rated over 80 in this game are very good, since overall ratings are lower in this year's game. Anything over like 86-87 gets into superstar level. Be mindful of that. Not ALL of the guys in the roster should be panning out.
Maybe it's your intention to make this a strong class and that's fine, but don't lose sight of the overall landscape of the NBA, as the more highly rated players there are in the NBA, the less room/opportunity there are for future young guys coming into the league. Don't be a hog, cap!

Another thing was player peaks. A lot of your guys have a very late peak end. I.e. 34 and 35 etc. Remember that the peak end is where players' attributes START declining. So guys with peak end at 35 mean they could play until they're 39-40.
The typical peak age should be about 25 to 31 or 32 ish. But it depends on the player type.

Quick guide:
- centers and point guards can sometimes take longer to develop (don't be afraid to give them a later peak start at around 26 or 27 sometimes).
- wing players (SGs and SFs) who rely on athleticism can take a sharp decline once they hit around 32, so think about making their peak end around 31.
- Wing players can also learn their position faster, they can have an earlier peak time, i.e. 24 or even 23 in some cases.
- Big men often wear out faster because of their size. Especially big men who rely on their athleticism to be effective (think Dwight, Faried, DeAndre). Their peak end can be 30 and sometimes even 29.
- Give players whose game is based on SKILL a later peak end. I.e. shooters or passers. Those are the ones that can have 34 and 35 for peak end.
- Try not to give 19 year olds a peak start at 27. That's 8 seasons until they reach their peak, which is just unrealistic. If it took them that long in real life they'd probably be out of the NBA. It's fine for a 22 year old to have a peak start of 27 if they're a PG or a C.

^ Obviously it varies from player to player, but start there and go from there. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Barncore; 12-10-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:21 AM   #51
Rookie

capt3031's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
Hey Cap,
So upping Lazar's potential compelled me to load up some more players in class #1 to see if there's anything else i want to adjust and i noticed some things.

A lot of your players have a REALLY high potential. Lots of guys in the high 80's. That makes this class very strong. Remember that players rated over 80 in this game are very good, since overall ratings are lower in this year's game. Anything over like 86-87 gets into superstar level. Be mindful of that. Not ALL of the guys in the roster should be panning out.
Maybe it's your intention to make this a strong class and that's fine, but don't lose sight of the overall landscape of the NBA, as the more highly rated players there are in the NBA, the less room/opportunity there are for future young guys coming into the league. Don't be a hog, cap!

Another thing was player peaks. A lot of your guys have a very late peak end. I.e. 34 and 35 etc. Remember that the peak end is where players' attributes START declining. So guys with peak end at 35 mean they could play until they're 39-40.
The typical peak age should be about 25 to 31 or 32 ish. But it depends on the player type.

Quick guide:
- centers and point guards can sometimes take longer to develop (don't be afraid to give them a later peak start at around 26 or 27 sometimes).
- wing players (SGs and SFs) who rely on athleticism can take a sharp decline once they hit around 32, so think about making their peak end around 31.
- Wing players can also learn their position faster, they can have an earlier peak time, i.e. 24 or even 23 in some cases.
- Big men often wear out faster because of their size. Especially big men who rely on their athleticism to be effective (think Dwight, Faried, DeAndre). Their peak end can be 30 and sometimes even 29.
- Give players whose game is based on SKILL a later peak end. I.e. shooters or passers. Those are the ones that can have 34 and 35 for peak end.
- Try not to give 19 year olds a peak start at 27. That's 8 seasons until they reach their peak, which is just unrealistic. If it took them that long in real life they'd probably be out of the NBA. It's fine for a 22 year old to have a peak start of 27 if they're a PG or a C.

^ Obviously it varies from player to player, but start there and go from there. Hope that helps.

Thanks man for the feed back my first class was really rushed and the peak system was new to me so I will take a look at that tomorrow night...with my third class I'm taking all your advice into consideration so that's what's holding my class up trying to make it really well rounded I'm still planning on releasing it this weekend

Tendencies are killing me with time and working 60 hours a week doesn't help lol
NCAA-Syracuse Orange
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 05:25 PM   #52
Rookie

capt3031's Arena

I wanted to release my class tonight but with the cuse game on earlier and now the Cowboys game being on Im getting killed with time so I might hold off one more week it's gonna be around 43 players deep maybe more now if I'm holding off a week
NCAA-Syracuse Orange
Old 12-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #53
Rookie

capt3031's Arena

image.jpg

Marshawn Walker PG Kentucky

He's gonna be in my third class but my 4th class that I release
NCAA-Syracuse Orange
Old 12-13-2015, 05:31 PM   #54
Rookie

capt3031's Arena

image.jpg

Richaun Adams SG North Carolina

Player from my 5th class
NCAA-Syracuse Orange
Old 12-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #55
Rookie

capt3031's Arena

the 4th class is now up this is my third release but my 4th class the 3rd class I was having some name creating block but it should be out in 3-4 weeks

I personally love this class has some of my favorite created players

PSN-Capman2288

File name- cd4 (I really wished it was cap's fictional draft class #4 v.1)
NCAA-Syracuse Orange
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 10:13 PM   #56
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Nice! Another class for my myleagues. Your player faces as everyone has stated are great! Nice work man, you made me go back and edit faces in my classes lol appreciate your hard work

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »