Home

Sonicmage's SportsCrunch Ratings

This is a discussion on Sonicmage's SportsCrunch Ratings within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2015, 06:57 PM   #49
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14
Re: Sonicmage's SportsCrunch Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Just edited the Thunder, Spurs, Hawks and Heat.

I'm going to do Heat vs. Thunder and Spurs vs. Hawks.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
Cool, I can't wait to hear the results. The Spurs might be a little weird using the 2014-15 tendencies due to their obviously big personnel changes, but the rest of the teams should be good to go.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:42 AM   #50
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
Cool, I can't wait to hear the results. The Spurs might be a little weird using the 2014-15 tendencies due to their obviously big personnel changes, but the rest of the teams should be good to go.
Agreed, but I'm a Spurs fan and couldn't resist editing my favorite team. Anyway, here are the results of the first game (CPU vs. CPU, simulation sliders and All-star difficulty):
Spoiler

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 11-05-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:47 PM   #51
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

Since I didn't feel like typing all that info out, again, here is the statistics from Spurs/Hawks in photo(s):
Spoiler

Only glaring issue is the low three point attempts for Green and Korver. Although, your tendencies did clean up the issue with Leonard attempting too many (in the default roster).

Last edited by J_Posse; 11-06-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 7

Everything seems to be on point but 3p attempts. I dont want to see less than 20 a game for most teams.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:51 PM   #53
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
Everything seems to be on point but 3p attempts. I dont want to see less than 20 a game for most teams.
That might be a issue that needs to be addressed via patch, I believe. Has anyone tweeted the developers about this issue?

Sonicmage, are you going to have tendency edits for steals, shot types (floaters, hook shots, step back jumpers, etc.), fouls, dunks and more? Would love to see you address the lack of shot type variance (especially within post play) in the default roster.

Last edited by J_Posse; 11-06-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:47 PM   #54
Pro

Maybe I spoke too soon. Running a Spurs x Rockets game as we speak. 7 min to go right now. 97-85 Spurs.

Spurs:
38/74 FG
9/20 3s
12/15 FT
30 PIP
33 ast
0 off rebs (eww)
8 TOs

Rockets:
36/71 FG
8/16 3s (somewhat low for them but solid output at this rate)
48 PIP
23 ast
6 off reb
16 TOs
Old 11-06-2015, 04:00 PM   #55
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
That might be a issue that needs to be addressed via patch, I believe. Has anyone tweeted the developers about this issue?
Yea, the low 3-pointers are probably all related to the same issue of players looking to drive aggressively above anything else.

Quote:
Sonicmage, are you going to have tendency edits for steals, shot types (floaters, hook shots, step back jumpers, etc.), fouls, dunks and more? Would love to see you address the lack of shot type variance (especially within post play) in the default roster.
Absolutely, I have all of those you mentioned for recent years. I think next I'll be tackling steals, followed by alleyoops, which are horrendous every year.

Expect these updates to start to trickle out slowly over the next couple months. I'm basically splitting my time between 1) inputting the official ratings from the game into the database, 2) rewriting the data collection code so I can grab data from the current season, and 3) generating new ratings, testing, and playing around with rating scales.

#1 is annoyingly time-consuming but necessary. It used to be a simple copy-paste job until 2K decided to lock down the PC rosters with encryption in 2K15. Now its a matter of reading it from the game and inputting one by one, which is making my eyes bleed.

#2 is going to take me until January, at least.

#3 is obviously the fun one. I wish I could give you guys everything I have all at once, but I feel like its better if I test the ratings individually before release, so I'm not wasting your time inputting ratings that could change soon afterwards.

So, thanks for your patience. There's obviously a lot of work to do still before these will be perfect. Right now, I'm working about 4 hours a night on it but that could change. This year is going to be the work-in-progress year for this system, and then 2K17 is going to be much better because there'll be a solid established foundation right out the gate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 04:02 PM   #56
Pro

This is probably the most in depth roster data that I've seen since slimm44 posted a guide a few years back and there was another PC 2k guy that got banned that posted a lot of good data on sim stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »