Home

NBA 2k17 NBA Showdown '93 retro roster set (Remake Series) XB1

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 NBA Showdown '93 retro roster set (Remake Series) XB1 within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2017, 11:30 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 49
NBA 2k17 NBA Showdown '93 retro roster set (Remake Series) XB1

Retro Heads & Children of 90's Unite !!

This thread is in regards of My remake of the NBA's 1992-1993 seasons. With a season that saw Bulls 3 peat, the Suns have all time great season with their MVP Barkley. And with a great young core of players like LJ, Zo, Coleman, Kemp and some called SHAQ upcoming in the league.

My focus was to make this roster look, play and feel like the NBA of 92-93. Well being try to match what we remember seeing watch games on NBC, see weekly highlights on NBA Action and everyone favorite Saturday morning thing to do NBA Inside Stuff.

I have recreated almost all uniforms to improve from the base game, new logos for teams to match TV production presentation. Also, courts, arenas & CAP's where I could, others are look-alikes. I had room for more caps and redid players like Joe Dumars and Hakeem Olajuwon for example. Also shoes with how to vids to ad to your game.

Gameplay is at slower paced then current day low % of 3's. Real fast break, no spotting up at the 3 point line. More physical gameplay, ref holds their whistle and let them play. Bulls Vs Knicks feels like a war. With sliders that give off the feel of it.

I have tweaked team styles and playbooks to feel era correct, also have line up look likes for coaches.

Ok is the roster and sliders are uploaded they are both under "NBA Showdown '93 " the team designs are under "hokupguy" in the search. Watch the setup video to get things going. You need to use my sliders for this roster to play right.

I decide not use any current teams slots because of the team designs download seem to cause all teams to lose team name audio and everyone goes by the city. Also, no warm ups on any teams so give off a better feel IMO.

Also, no players have socks only ankle wraps instead because of a bug I think brought on by the team's design cause all teams to have black socks on the road. So no high socks on players (Larry Nance and Moses Malon for example)

This is the team setup break down:

teams slot used
Philadelphia 76ers 76-77 sixers
Milwaukee Bucks 84-85 bucks
Washington Bullets 70-71 bucks
Chicago Bulls 92-93 bulls
Cleveland Cavaliers 88-89 cavs
Boston Celtics 85-86 lakers
Los Angeles Clippers 70-71 lakers
Atlanta Hawks 85-86 hawks
Miami Heat 05-06 heat
Charlotte Hornets 92-93 hornets
Utah Jazz 70-71 hawks
Sacramento Kings 64-65 lakers
New York Knicks 94-95 knicks
Los Angeles Lakers 97-98 lakers
Orlando Magic 94-95 magic
Dallas Mavericks 03-04 mavs
New Jersey Nets 71-72 knicks
Denver Nuggets 93-94 nuggets
Indiana Pacers 71-72 lakers
Detroit Pistons 89-90 pistions
Houston Rockets 93-94 rockets
San Antonio Spurs 97-98 spurs
Phoenix Suns 85-86 bulls
Seattle SuperSonics 95-96 sonics
Minnesota Timberwolves 03-04 wolves
Portland Trail Blazers 99-00 raptors
Golden State Warriors 90-91 warriors

You will need to relocate the following teams to correct city: bullets, jazz, kings, nets , pacers, suns , blazers. Also make sure to set jazz to city name utah .

Also you will need to make player shoes and add to them to have the true feel of the rosters show tut vidoes can be found on post #2.

based on restrictions with 2k18 that being told by others I my not do any retro rosters for it. So i will post some time down the line an update for this set.

Any questions please ask on here or my twitter.

If you enjoyed this project please donate to show support. Always support you content creators.

Last edited by hokupguy; 03-26-2020 at 02:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2017, 11:31 PM   #2
All Star

Re: NBA 2k17 NBA Showdown '93 retro roster set (Remake Series) XB1

Here is a tut video how to setup players shoes

Here all are all shoe tut videos.

Here are the remaing sneakers by brand:

Nike:

Reebok :

Addias :

Converse:

Champion :

Spalding :

New Blance :

Asics :

British Knights

Fila :

Last edited by hokupguy; 09-15-2017 at 02:05 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

This sounds great , if you get it the way you want would make feel like a new game.

I do remember most of all the NBA Action tv show , I was military kid so all my nba come from sky sports and watching NBA Action presented by Nike and there games of the week while we were station in Europe. Anyways

Small questions you say you plan to redo all courts, arena , uniforms like all of them ? Also your list of need caps is basically all the players that every retro fan on here needs. Have should talk to gorgentj23 about helping you out with some of these his work is great.

i love the cover art , also is this based on NBA Showdown on super nes or sega genesis by ea sports ?

Can't wait to see what you do with this , best luck bud
Old 05-30-2017, 07:23 PM   #4
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeArcher
This sounds great , if you get it the way you want would make feel like a new game.

I do remember most of all the NBA Action tv show , I was military kid so all my nba come from sky sports and watching NBA Action presented by Nike and there games of the week while we were station in Europe. Anyways

Small questions you say you plan to redo all courts, arena , uniforms like all of them ? Also your list of need caps is basically all the players that every retro fan on here needs. Have should talk to gorgentj23 about helping you out with some of these his work is great.

i love the cover art , also is this based on NBA Showdown on super nes or sega genesis by ea sports ?

Can't wait to see what you do with this , best luck bud
I plan to use the best parts of the game, so the example the Celtics I will use 86 team slot I will redo the uniforms to have longer shorts compared 80's short shorts. But keeping the court and arena since it kinda looks like the old garden. But a team like the rockets I will use 94 team slot keep the uniforms but redo the court and arena since the arena is not close at all.

Teams like the Bulls & magic will there 93 & 95 slots and won't touch a thing. But a team like the Nets I will use extra classic team slot since when you move the team back to new jersey the game no longer said "nets" but only "new jersey". because the whole black warm-ups it kills the immersion of the era at least for me.

I don't want to remake all teams courts and arenas because that only 3/4 arena would be used for every team. I hope this answers your question.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:37 PM   #5
All Star

Ok, I have started on art, working on teams by division here are a remake of retro tv presentation logos used on NBA Action, TNT, TBS, and ESPN.

Original From 1992 -1993 Season Preview : Atlantic Divison

My remake set: Atlantic Divison They look much better in the game had to lower resolution for preview.

Original From 1992 -1993 Season Preview: Central Divison

My remake set: Central Divison They look much better in the game had to lower resolution for preview.

Original From 1992 -1993 Season Preview: Midwest Divison

My remake set:: Midwest Divison

Original From 1992 -1993 Season Preview: Pacific Divison

My remake set:: Pacific Divison

Last edited by hokupguy; 07-25-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2017, 09:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
Ok, I have started on art, working on teams by division here are a remake of retro tv presentation logos used on NBA Action, TNT, TBS, and ESPN.

Original From 1992 -1993 Season Preview : Atlantic Divison

My remake set: Atlantic Divison They look much better in the game had to lower resolution for preview.

Original From 1992 -1993 Season Preview: Central Divison

My remake set: Central Divison They look much better in the game had to lower resolution for preview.

Original From 1992 -1993 Season Preview: Midwest Divison

Original From 1992 -1993 Season Preview: Pacific Divison

Hok , these look great brother . these logos most def hits my nostalgia value way high. You seem to be sticking to your word of the getting the feel of the era from all angles. Cant wait to see what else you have in store to how off.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:41 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Smile Re: NBA 2k17 NBA Showdown '93 retro roster set (Remake Series) XB1

This seems amazing hokupguy!

Any chance to see some preview videos?
Old 06-03-2017, 03:45 PM   #8
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeArcher
Hok , these look great brother . these logos most def hits my nostalgia value way high. You seem to be sticking to your word of the getting the feel of the era from all angles. Cant wait to see what else you have in store to how off.
thanks, think I might add a little more detail to few to make look better. hopefully next week I can show off more. Working on art, finding cap face tuts , deciding who will be look alike and what not and making retro shoes. Only gotten Air Jordan 7 Cardinal & Air Jordan's 8 whites those in game one didn't look right to me. Next will try to make Shaq attaq 1's all will have walkthroughs on youtube for them. A lot on my plate but having fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »