Home

Looking to put together a Team of Editors for Xbox Roster for 2k19... NBA VERSION

This is a discussion on Looking to put together a Team of Editors for Xbox Roster for 2k19... NBA VERSION within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Looking to put together a Team of Editors for Xbox Roster for 2k19... NBA VERSION

I was hoping you would do playbooks. What would help you most?
Old 10-03-2018, 06:26 PM   #10
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Looking to put together a Team of Editors for Xbox Roster for 2k19... NBA VERSION

I'm still going team-by-team through play testing, but I'll share my Attribute/Tendency guide here if it gets completed this month. I hate this part of the year when there's a mad rush to get a roster done while it probably takes another 2 months to know the game well enough to give realistic ranges for Attributes/Tendencies/Badges.

When are you looking to put a roster out?

If I miss this year, then we can get a group together for 2K20 and prep early.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:12 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'm still going team-by-team through play testing, but I'll share my Attribute/Tendency guide here if it gets completed this month. I hate this part of the year when there's a mad rush to get a roster done while it probably takes another 2 months to know the game well enough to give realistic ranges for Attributes/Tendencies/Badges.

When are you looking to put a roster out?

If I miss this year, then we can get a group together for 2K20 and prep early.
I am working on my College Roster(check it out if you have time) right now, using it to test everything out. I have no ETA for NBA version, I want to get a feel for how the new roles some players will be taking on before digging in. Got a lot going on in real life so that will play a huge role as well.

Look forward to many collaboration buddy.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agame
I was hoping you would do playbooks. What would help you most?
Playbooks have changed some this year but will be glad to work on them. Right now just working on College Roster to get things narrowed down for editing.

One major thing I did last year was make pretty much Everyone BELOW 10 on Close Shot tendencies. It cut down alot on those akward shots in the paint.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 10-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8

“One major thing I did last year was make pretty much Everyone BELOW 10 on Close Shot tendencies. It cut down alot on those akward shots in the paint”.

That awkward step to the right and make a weak attempt down low in 2018 seems to be gone in 2K 19.... at least I’m not seeing it

Last edited by Agame; 10-04-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:11 PM   #14
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
One major thing I did last year was make pretty much Everyone BELOW 10 on Close Shot tendencies. It cut down alot on those akward shots in the paint.
Same here. The only player values I had for Close Shot in 2K18 (and 2K19 again) were 0/1/5/10. I'm actually considering moving that to 0 for everyone that isn't a slow, shooting low post scorer above 6'8".

The game already has actionable tendencies for every intentional Close range shot that a player would take (Floater, Post Hook, Post Fade, Post Shimmy, Post Stepback, Post Shimmy). Based on what I've seen the Close shot tendency seems to only increase regular jump shot attempts from Close range. You could just raise a guard's Floater tendency and cover most of their actual shot attempts from Close range.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »