Home

JB's 2k20 (PS4) Fictional Draft Classes

This is a discussion on JB's 2k20 (PS4) Fictional Draft Classes within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2020, 08:31 AM   #345
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JB's 2k20 (PS4) Fictional Draft Classes

I am still currently deep into my official ML that I run each year, heading into year 8, and I figured with enough data now I could throw out some guys who have outperformed their expected value.

SG Shane Ruffin

This dude has been a scoring machine. He has always been the second SG on the Pacers, but seemingly puts up points no matter what the situation. His ovr is 81, but dude produces.

C Amir Roberson

I really like what he’s doing. Toronto nabbed him late in the 1st, but dealt him away after an average start to his career. He got minutes in Miami and became an awesome second big down in South Florida. He doesn’t put up astronomical numbers, but he’s an important piece of the puzzle. He was up for 6th man of the year in 2026.

PF Cameron Kabongo

Another guy who isn’t a star, but produces each year no matter what the depth chart is. Currently he is the 3rd PF in Washington behind Kuzma and Hacimura, but he’s still a valuable contributor to their front court. It’s just a matter of time before the Wizards totally but into him or deal him to a place where he can get some quality run.

SG Xu Su

It took my man two years of seeing no playing time before he finally was able to break into the rotation. JB had asked me about him being a guy in my league and at that point he hadn’t, but I figured I’d check him out in Summer League to see what he was all about. He was such a fun guy to play with has he was a very fluid scorer that could get looks in multiple ways. He has a quick jumper that he can knock down even off the move. Ever since then, I cleared room for him in Memphis and he’s averaged between 8-12 ppg as their second SG. He’s been an integral piece of a grizzlies team that is now one of the top 5 clubs in the NBA.

I will follow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2020, 03:44 AM   #346
Rookie

lawspecter816's Arena

Just drafted Cameron Kabongo as well end of the first round. He comes from the bench for me with some quality minutes.. damn, is he a beast. Such a hustle player who brings so much energy to the second unit.. grabbing every rebound, blocking shots, stealing the ball running the break...

Absolutely love this guy. Due to his good per-d he can guard multiple posistions. On occasion I even put him in the starting lineup. Collins is my starting PF and has bad defense, therefore I put Kobongo in the starting lineup if I face tough PFs.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:05 PM   #347
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Loving these draft classes. After getting the game via free PS Plus download I played around with getting my league expansion franchise rolling. Now that I found your classes I'm off the ground.

I always start with my expansion team at the end of the first season, I sim games and avoid making any roster moves for the team I control. I decided to go with the San Diego Surf, I had a ton of fun with them back on 2k18. My first draft class was DC1. I had the 5th overall pick where I was not sure what I wanted to do. After much thought I decided to draft Tre Hunter. I also ended up trading away 2 older players I took in the expansion draft for 2nd round picks giving me 3 2nd round picks. I turned them into Xu Su, Ayden Slay, and Marco Guadagnino.

My year 1 lineup...
PG-Hunter
SG-KCP (Exp Draft)
SF- Schofield (Exp Draft)
PF- Jabari Parker (FA)
C- Bol (Exp Draft)

Hunter won the Rookie of the Year with 23.6ppg, also lead the team. Su played in 20 games recording 6.4ppgs, Slay saw action in 10 games, and Guadagnino was traded at the deadline to Boston in a package that returned Taco Fall.

After a 31-51 record I won the draft lottery moving up 6 spots to land the #1 pick for DC2. I used the pick to take Jason Sanders. I also held the 31st pick in the 1st round which I used on Nico Thorton (I think that was his name).

My Year 2 lineup....
PG-Hunter
SG- RJ Barrett (FA)
SF-Sanders
PF-Parker
C-Bol

6th Man- KCP
7th Man- Fall

Ready to get year 2 started. Thanks for all the work.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:30 PM   #348
Rookie

You got some straight scoring weapons in Hunter and Saunders. Keep those two together and you’re going to have a lot of fun. I’ve always liked Slay, even though his numbers never really matriculated in my sim. He could be a great glue guys now that you have potential future stars in your hands. Also, Xu is going to be a great backup for Tre.

Trust the process and have fun with that crew. Keep posting updates!
Old 07-25-2020, 11:51 AM   #349
Rookie

Yeah, really enjoying everyone posting newer updates. It's always fun seeing other people thoughts on the classes. Doing a second ML and using Celtics roster. Also, using the adjusted draft classes. One thing that has been a lot different is that because of the ratings squish some players that never got play in my first run are opening my eyes. An example is Colt Paxson. In my first run he was picked up in the second round and just never did anything. This time Brooklyn got him in the first round. He's coming off the bench behind Lavert and has been amazing.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:17 PM   #350
Rookie

UKWildcat999's Arena

OVR: 3

Hey y'all, I know I'm a bit late to the party but I wanted to say a big thank you to JB for these awesome draft classes, they've been so much fun to use and have made my MyLeague so much better.

That being said I do have a question for you guys: What are some of the best/most unique/interesting single game stat lines you've seen from any of these players?

Some interesting ones for me: Jett Nicholson of all people went off for 67 points one time, Dusan Cvetkovic had 38 Pts 6 Rebs 7 Asts and 10 Stls in a game, Elia Viggiano once had 13 Pts 8 Rebs 9 Asts 5 Blks while shooting perfect from the field and just 1-4 from the free throw line, and RJ Wallace flirted with a triple double with 12 Rebs 9 Blks 7 Stls while scoring just 3 Pts.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:32 PM   #351
Rookie

I'm trying to think back to my first MyLeague run. I do remember Desmond Cooper had a 62 point game against Harden, who also scored 58. It was insane seeing it play out. In year six Ibraham Mobley had a 56 point, 22 rebounds, and 15 assist triple double. I believe that was the game that made him the top MVP candidate. DJ Trice first game was wild to see. I think the only other game that I remember well is Jabari Woodson's triple double in his first game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 11:45 PM   #352
Rookie

HawaiianRush's Arena

OVR: 3

Just wondering PF Watson from the first DC. He is just a copy of Zion? How can I go in and change his apparence so its not just a Zion clone? The commentary team also refers to him as Williamson from time to time.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »