Home

1969-70 NBA/ABA Roster w/50+ Draft Classes (PS4)

This is a discussion on 1969-70 NBA/ABA Roster w/50+ Draft Classes (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2019, 08:44 PM   #17
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1969-70 NBA/ABA Roster w/50+ Draft Classes (PS4)

I'm actually looking forward to this roster, even though these years were 20+ years before my time.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:11 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra9888
Im down to help with draft classes. Just need the formula you use for ratings and I can jump right in starting with 70 and go from there.
Thanks man! Appreciate it. I care more about potential than OVR for draft classes, and don't really have a formula, but I wrote up some "rules" that I was gonna follow.

I wanted to keep it somewhat uniform, so only X amount of players can get a 90+ potential.

Spoiler

Glad to hear people are excited for this though, I'm gonna get going on the ABA teams.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:56 PM   #19
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

How in-depth are you going with the rookies? Are you editing all their sigs shoes accessories etc. I’m currently at 1983 players, and thinking I may possibly stop and just play with yours when the years intersect.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:11 PM   #20
Rookie

Chrome_Claymore's Arena

Holy moly, this is indeed a MASSIVE project! I did a similar thing with 2K19 only with draft classes from 1977-1997 with 30+ players for each one. It was super tedious especially I did all of them myself. Glad you're doing this one and putting them onto Google Sheets which could help others like myself if we want to get this on other platforms.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:18 PM   #21
Rookie

Chrome_Claymore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chederer

- Potential Rating = the best possible version a player. EX – LeBron James’ is 99 Potential, because LeBron is a superhero unlike anything we’ve seen on a basketball court before. Rafael Arujao’s potential is 50ish, because Hoffa played like a trash can full of vanilla pudding on skates, and he wasn't ever going to be better than that.

I sorta disagree with this. Busts should have high potentials but their Peak Starts and Ends should be really low (like early twenties or have them peak the same age they are drafted so they never drastically improve) so the AI will draft them high (if we're going for realism here). The CPU will sometimes draft based on potential as long as their OVR isn't too far from the current players they can select when drafting.

For instance, Darko Milicic was hyped as hell. Of course this meant his potential was high and got drafted within the top 5. We all know what happens after.

If we rate every players' potentials according to their eventual skill level, you'll always have players like Stockton, Drexler, Malone, etc. drafted in the top 5 every single time.

Last edited by Chrome_Claymore; 11-27-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2019, 03:00 PM   #22
Rookie

Oh I agree with the sentiment, I just picked one specific guy who sucked *** in Arujao.

Darko, for example, gets a 90 potential. Eddie Griffin didn't have an NBA Career but was amazing in HS and his one NCAA year and will get a 90 POT with a peak start / end adjustment.

Planning on editing shoes to be era-specific. Like all the guys in the 69-70 starting base are wearing Cons. Sigs I can do for the really important guys but I'm no expert on those.

And yeah this is a big project, but the way I see it, I won't be buying 2k21 and depending on how 2k goes with next gen, it could be years before I buy another NBA game, if ever. May as well go out with a bang, haha.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:06 PM   #23
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chederer
Oh I agree with the sentiment, I just picked one specific guy who sucked *** in Arujao.

Darko, for example, gets a 90 potential. Eddie Griffin didn't have an NBA Career but was amazing in HS and his one NCAA year and will get a 90 POT with a peak start / end adjustment.

Planning on editing shoes to be era-specific. Like all the guys in the 69-70 starting base are wearing Cons. Sigs I can do for the really important guys but I'm no expert on those.

And yeah this is a big project, but the way I see it, I won't be buying 2k21 and depending on how 2k goes with next gen, it could be years before I buy another NBA game, if ever. May as well go out with a bang, haha.
Dude, this would be an awesome project to go all out on. Would you ever take player suggestions for the draft classes?
Old 12-01-2019, 08:02 AM   #24
Rookie

Yeah, absolutely. Post em in here?

Last edited by Chederer; 12-01-2019 at 08:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »