Home

Is there a workaround for nicknames on players missing from commentary?

This is a discussion on Is there a workaround for nicknames on players missing from commentary? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2020, 08:21 PM   #1
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

OVR: 0
Is there a workaround for nicknames on players missing from commentary?

I'm glad I took the time to pause and play with my draft classes because a while back I discovered that the supposed 'workaround' I was using didn't work entirely. I no longer hear nicknames for created players and stand-ins, just so long as their last name is in the commentary database. For those who aren't though, it's ABC this and that. I've been creating players by editing those in a new draft class or importing DNA, instead of using CAP menu. This did the trick, but is there anything else remaining for the previously mentioned missing bunch? I've tried using DNA on players in draft classes, as well as scrubs/john williams' in a roster but no dice. Any advice? Please tell me I missing something, I've got 35 draft classes almost done and there's a ton of players this applies to.. Thanks.

edit: solved. phew...

Last edited by Zeke11; 01-31-2020 at 04:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2020, 03:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Is there a workaround for nicknames on players missing from commentary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke11
I'm glad I took the time to pause and play with my draft classes because a while back I discovered that the supposed 'workaround' I was using didn't work entirely. I no longer hear nicknames for created players and stand-ins, just so long as their last name is in the commentary database. For those who aren't though, it's ABC this and that. I've been creating players by editing those in a new draft class or importing DNA, instead of using CAP menu. This did the trick, but is there anything else remaining for the previously mentioned missing bunch? I've tried using DNA on players in draft classes, as well as scrubs/john williams' in a roster but no dice. Any advice? Please tell me I missing something, I've got 35 draft classes almost done and there's a ton of players this applies to.. Thanks.
I don't understand your question. What fix are you referring to?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-31-2020, 04:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

For roster editing you can import DNA from a created player onto one of the generic players 2k uses as filler, to overcome the nickname issue. Whether a player is a CAP or stand-in, or if his name is in the commentary database doesn't matter. You will not hear any nicknames.

Draft classes require more exporting/importing. Annoying but whatever.

Last edited by Zeke11; 01-31-2020 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:00 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
For roster editing you can import DNA from a created player onto one of the generic players 2k uses as filler, to overcome the nickname issue. Whether a player is a CAP or stand-in, or if his name is in the commentary database doesn't matter. You will not hear any nicknames.

I'm not understanding how you do it, are you saying just import a player DNA to a already created Cap and that will eliminate the nickname?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2020, 11:00 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:

To be more specific how do you do it for draft classes? Just export then import again?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2020, 11:37 AM   #6
Pro

drj32's Arena

OVR: 8

great find @ZEKE11

this thread needs to be pinned!
Old 11-25-2020, 08:47 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drj32
great find @ZEKE11

this thread needs to be pinned!
Explain this to me like a 5 year old please lol. So i use CAP to create the player’s DNA and then i import this DNA in the place of a “john williams” or a stand in CAP on the base 2K roster and that gets rid of the nicknames in the commentary?
Old 11-30-2020, 01:24 PM   #8
Pro

drj32's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
Explain this to me like a 5 year old please lol. So i use CAP to create the player’s DNA and then i import this DNA in the place of a “john williams” or a stand in CAP on the base 2K roster and that gets rid of the nicknames in the commentary?
john williams, john smith, john brown, only generic guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »