Home

How to remove nicknames/change audio name ?

This is a discussion on How to remove nicknames/change audio name ? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2021, 08:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How to remove nicknames/change audio name ?

I'm new to the game ... Trying to set up a fictional league using Unique Mazique's UMBA rosters. Issue I'm having is he's got goofy nicknames on many of the players instead of the announcers just calling them their last names ... I went into edit player and can't for the life of me find audio name or where to remove nicknames... Anyone ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2021, 09:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to remove nicknames/change audio name ?

There is technically no way to remove the nickname. The best workaround is to export the DNA of the players and then import their DNA into the generic guys at the bottom of the rosters of the old classic teams and move those guys to the teams you want them on. You won't see a nickname on their edit screen and, if they have a last name with announcer audio, they will use that instead. They technically still have a nickname tied into their data (you'll see if if you export their DNA for example) but you'll rarely hear it used. It's not 100% though as I still get the nickname used on rare occasions but it will greatly limit that from happening.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

That's really unfortunate... And quite surprising to be honest, with all the depth and options it does have, to be missing something so basic.
Old 07-14-2021, 11:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
That's really unfortunate... And quite surprising to be honest, with all the depth and options it does have, to be missing something so basic.

I know. It's pretty lame and would be so easy to give us the ability to just set a nickname to "none". Several years ago, players would get random nicknames when you did a CAP and you couldn't even change which nickname, that was super annoying. The nicknames are basically useless outside of MyPlayer. If you do the export/import method though and overwrite the generic bottom of roster guys on the classic teams, that will eliminate the nicknames for like 99% of the time.
Old 07-15-2021, 11:50 PM   #5
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Are you sure it’s happening for players whose real names are recognized by the game? Like, is it doing it only for Shizzy Badoogahooga? Or is it happening for David Johnson too?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »