Home

ATD Sheitan Off-Season - Legendary CPU realism in-game & Trades & FA

This is a discussion on ATD Sheitan Off-Season - Legendary CPU realism in-game & Trades & FA within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2021, 04:45 AM   #1
Rookie

Sheitan's Arena

OVR: 0
ATD Sheitan Off-Season - Legendary CPU realism in-game & Trades & FA

Hey 2K community ! For those who don't know me, I am French, NBA fan for more than a decade now. I am working on NBA 2K for a year now in order to improve the realism in-game, mainly CPU behavior, and also the simulation side in MyNBA based on the ATD Roster from CelticLG.

After hundred of hours of testing, as from now, I get everything in NBA 2K. From attributes, to tendencies (simulation & in-game behavior), in-game sliders, coaching sliders and MyNBA sliders.

Please find here the project I started earlier this year

I am coming now with an Off-Season scenario based on the latest update of the ATD Roster with amazing improvments.
Please note that this scenario has been built to be mainly a CPU vs CPU.

PS5 scenario : Sheitan OffSeason (PSN: Sheytanlevrai)

List of changes :

- Correcting the broken attribute "speed with ball" - no more blow by
Spoiler

- Adjusting ratings/tendencies/badges.
Spoiler

- Adjust CPU sliders. no more blow by and way better pick&roll defense
Spoiler

- Correct season awards & correct draft lottery
Spoiler

- Amazing Draft class with Archetypes & Intangibles leading to an incredible realism !A CPU team with a bad scoot can now choose a bad player with a top 10 pick
Spoiler

- Nerf Progression & Training
Spoiler

- Trades & Contract Sliders - Awesome Free Agency with contenders that can sign good players with their mid-level exception or with a minimum contract !
Spoiler

- Draft 2022 ready !
Spoiler

Future improvements and tips :

To be updated :

- Coaches & coaching tendency with "run play frequency" with a maximum value of 50.
Spoiler

MyNBA - offseason - TO DO :
Spoiler

TO DO in-game for a CPU vs CPU game :
Spoiler

An example of what my changes can bring in-game (CPU vs CPU) :
Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo7bQpZ6DSc

Please share any comments or remarks guys. I work a lot so my free time is quite limited but I will try to answer to everyone.

Last edited by Sheitan; 07-26-2021 at 06:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2021, 06:57 AM   #2
Rookie

Sheitan's Arena

Re: ATD Sheitan Off-Season - Legendary CPU realism in-game & Trades & FA

As you have probably noticed if you play against the CPU, tendencies are the determinant factor in-game and in simulated games for a CPU player.

Where attributes are the characteristics of a player, badges are his skills, tendencies are the player IQ. It represents the ability that a player X will use his strength (attributes & badges) accordingly.

Therefore there is a need to define tendencies in a very accurate way when we create rosters, and also tendencies need to evolve as attributes and badges do.

Unfortunately 2K does not consider it as it should be. That's why I propose to create a "tendency training camp" in offseason. Through a spreadsheet such as the ATD event spreadsheet.

I give you some real-life examples :

- Since few years Lebron James is using the spin layup, he did not have it originally. In 2K this evolution can be represented by an evolution of tendencies. But it does not exist.

- Since few years, many players are copying James Harden and using more and more the stepback 3. As well this skill is represented in tendencies. A player can have the badge "circus three" but if he has 0 or below 50 in stepback3 tendency he won't use the move that often.

- Since few years, more and more players are also using the floater. Because defense tend to go under during the pick&roll to let an open mid-range to the offense.

- Also you can have a guy like Jeramy Grant who was a bench players at the Nuggets (not shooting often) and became Franchise Player at the Pistons, therefore his shot tendency increased a lot. And this evolution is missing in 2K.

Tendencies are left behind, that's why I created "Archetypes" in the Player DNA module, to define players ratings/tendencies based on it. (offensive, defensive, two-way, athletic, playmaker, all-around, three point, mid range, post for 3 positions : guards, forward & center).

Then I will create some "tendencies training camp" in the ATD event spreadsheet and in each offseason I propose that users update players tendencies accordingly to the spreadsheet. For instance it could be "stepback 3 training with James Harden", "floater training with Tony Parker", "fadeaway training with KD", "spin layup training with LBJ", "crossover training with AI" and so on...

There is clearly a lack of tendencies evolution in NBA 2K and we are gonna create it by ourselves.

Last edited by Sheitan; 07-26-2021 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-01-2021, 10:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: ATD Sheitan Off-Season - Legendary CPU realism in-game & Trades & FA

Any updates?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »