Home

What causes a roster to crash the game?

This is a discussion on What causes a roster to crash the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2022, 06:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
What causes a roster to crash the game?

Hi all,

Pretty frustrated here. I just bought the game (PS5) a couple weeks ago. I only have interest in creating a small fictional league, with fictional teams and players. As such, I downloaded a fictional roster off the vault, which I quite enjoy after playing many exhibition games with it.

When I was doing test leagues with this roster before, it seemed to work fine...although at times if I tried to do a 12 team league, after the fantasy draft the game would hang up and not move forward ...

My game updated in a patch a little while ago, and now instead of hanging up on the fantasy draft, every time I try to create any sort of smaller league with this roster, the game gives me an error message and crashes after I try to proceed past the team select screen... Completely closes the game and asks me to file a bug report to 2K.

If I use the base NBA roster, this doesn't seem to happen. So I'm thinking it's something to do with this specific fictional/custom roster...

So my question is, what is it inherently in a roster file that could cause the game to crash? And something that also wasn't present a couple weeks ago when I first tried this file?

Everything seems to work if I just use the game's NBA roster, but I don't want to recreate the NBA ... Heck, I even tried to start a out of the box MyWNBA and the game crashed and closed. It's a buggy mess right now for anything I want to do.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2022, 07:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What causes a roster to crash the game?

Having the same issue with ANY custom roster when I try to create a new MyNBA, except, before freezing, the calendar looks like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220301_192119.jpg (244.0 KB, 49 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »