Home

Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2022, 04:34 AM   #153
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Freitas
Love the sliders, Schnaidt…real good job this year. My only glaring issue with MyNBA (using ATD roster and latest sliders) is that I’m in January of my franchise but guys like Ja Morant and Nikola Jokic are both averaging more than 40pts a game, with Ja specifically logging 50+ pts in five of his last six games…he’s even got four games above 60! Truly whacky numbers.

I’m wondering, what’s the best way to fix this without compromising much of the gameplay? I’m wondering if it’s a combo of lowering the 3pt slider and the offensive awareness?

Something to keep in mind is this isn’t happening in games against me, but this is overall in my MyNBA season. The slider set is great, otherwise. It’s just those crazy offensive numbers that need some tweaking.

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

I lowered simulation quarter minutes to 11 and reduced all of the simulation shooting sliders to 10 (dunk, lay-up, mid-range, three-point etc).

Stars on the whole still seem to shoot way too high a % on simulated games but, aside from Luka doing his usual 35/14/9 on 55/45/90 clips, the averages for star players seem to be realistic in terms of real life numbers (aside from doing it on less shots).

Simulated stats have been an issue in 2k for years though. If you don't tweak the simulation sliders, too many players just put up crazy numbers.

Last edited by sirdez; 11-26-2022 at 04:40 AM.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:16 PM   #154
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

What simulation sliders are you using??
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Freitas
Love the sliders, Schnaidt…real good job this year. My only glaring issue with MyNBA (using ATD roster and latest sliders) is that I’m in January of my franchise but guys like Ja Morant and Nikola Jokic are both averaging more than 40pts a game, with Ja specifically logging 50+ pts in five of his last six games…he’s even got four games above 60! Truly whacky numbers.

I’m wondering, what’s the best way to fix this without compromising much of the gameplay? I’m wondering if it’s a combo of lowering the 3pt slider and the offensive awareness?

Something to keep in mind is this isn’t happening in games against me, but this is overall in my MyNBA season. The slider set is great, otherwise. It’s just those crazy offensive numbers that need some tweaking.

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 12-01-2022, 08:09 PM   #155
MVP

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2

What is up with CPU free throw shooting this year? They’re only shooting ~55% in the games I’ve played. Good free throw shooters consistently missing back to back FTs. Is there a slider fix?
MLS: Seattle Sounders FC
EPL: Manchester City FC
NHL: Dallas Stars

Follow along with all my franchises on Twitch!: https://www.twitch.tv/whiskeygamer27

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2022, 09:09 PM   #156
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

I’m not seeing that at all. Cpu usually shoots over 90% every game.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:36 AM   #157
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzariczny
What is up with CPU free throw shooting this year? They’re only shooting ~55% in the games I’ve played. Good free throw shooters consistently missing back to back FTs. Is there a slider fix?
This is what I'm seeing as well. I'm using default rosters with the sliders in the original post. My team usually shoots 85-100%. Computer usually shoots 55-75%. The computer usually lights me up in games so I just roll with it.
Old 12-05-2022, 11:48 AM   #158
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

Is everyone still seeing these play good after the patch? I see a lot of posts about CPU and shot contesting after the patch. I haven't had much time to play after the patch to see so I was just curious if anyone felt adjustments were needed. I've been using the sliders in the first post (with a few tweaks) and 2K's rosters from early November.
Old 12-07-2022, 12:26 AM   #159
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I’m using these and tonight I saw terrible shooting by CPU and lights out shooting by me. Multiple games, different teams. And Free Throws for me we’re about 97%. CPU when they got to line were shooting 80s. Steph Curry just went 7-26 from three against me. Terrible games. Before the patch/ update whatever caused this it was playing pretty good. My free throws were too high but generally good. Tonight Terrible games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-07-2022, 03:49 AM   #160
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I’m using these and tonight I saw terrible shooting by CPU and lights out shooting by me. Multiple games, different teams. And Free Throws for me we’re about 97%. CPU when they got to line were shooting 80s. Steph Curry just went 7-26 from three against me. Terrible games. Before the patch/ update whatever caused this it was playing pretty good. My free throws were too high but generally good. Tonight Terrible games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
It appears to be a known issue with the latest update. I reduced my jumpshot take-off D strength from 56 to 10 and reduced the CPU's shot timing effect to 0, and they are still shooting around 30% from the field and 20% from three most games. It's brick city.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »