Home

i think i have figured why the computer dont take threes

This is a discussion on i think i have figured why the computer dont take threes within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2014, 12:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
i think i have figured why the computer dont take threes

so i think i have figured out why the computer dont take enough threes and i want you guys to test it out first i play on hall of fame and game speed at 75 ok now on the controller setting where it says intense d you defense will play up on guys so the computer wont take threes but i set it to contest shots always and it opened the floor the computer took alot more threes try this out let me know if you guys think i am crazy or if you think i am right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 12:49 AM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: i think i have figured why the computer dont take threes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboys60
so i think i have figured out why the computer dont take enough threes and i want you guys to test it out first i play on hall of fame and game speed at 75 ok now on the controller setting where it says intense d you defense will play up on guys so the computer wont take threes but i set it to contest shots always and it opened the floor the computer took alot more threes try this out let me know if you guys think i am crazy or if you think i am right
I thought adjusting the coach sliders fixed this problem.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:52 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

For what it is worth last 2 games I had the take 3's at 80 and had 22 3's and 21 3's taken by the CPU.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #4
Rookie

it does but then you have some teams that play the same so i like this idea you should try it out
Old 10-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Question do you all switch and play D with all men on the floor? I haven't ran into any issues with CPU 3s. They take them. I switch to whoever has the rock and I sag off. As they begin the animation to shoot, I close out and contest. But they're taking 3s. I play 12 min A/S Simulation (Default) only increased fouls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 02:10 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

All you have to do is put "attack basket" to 0 and "take 3pts" to 100 under CPU tendencies sliders.

It might help turning down defense assist because it helps you lock down the defense (they don't shoot many contested shots).

I play on All-star/default with the above and the cpu is averaging 22 3-pointers and only the slashers drive to the basket.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:13 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Also, my PiP is 30-40 which is awesome.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 2

Your going to get different 3pt attempts when you're only messing with the sliders. Even with it at 100. This is a roster issue. We have to realize that 2k added 3 important tendencies for us to edit this year. Standing, moving, and contested jumper. I promise you if you up those tendencies ESPECIALLY Contested jumper, you will see a big difference and plus they just won't jack it up everytime. A lot of three pointers taken in games are contested.

I edited my roster with guards and wings at a minimum of 70 standing and moving and a minimum of 50 for contest. Known shooters (danny green, kover,etc...) minimum of 90 for standing and moving, 75 contested.

Guys that are just 3pt shooters and rarely shoot the mid range. Make sure there standing midrange and moving midrange is very low, like 0-5. I bet what you guys are seeing is the CPU taking long 2s that you thought was 3s. With a high 3pt tendency compared to mid, you will see the CPU do the step back animation after he catches it.

For PGs and (James Harden) that love to pull up off the dribble for 3s. You have to put theirs at 100. Don't be afraid, they won't jack it up all game, because they are the play initiators 90% of the time. But you have to have step back and hesitation driving moves higher by at least 20% than the other driving dribble moves. Oh and their contest has to be at a minimum of 85... For example: Stephen curry comes of a on ball screen, he goes into his drive motion but he hesitates, you hedge hard on him with the big but you step back to let your guard recover but it's too late. Steph hesitates and shoots the 3, even though the play wasn't design for that. It's a thing of beauty!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »