Home

Question about sliders

This is a discussion on Question about sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question Question about sliders

Since I've been messing around with sliders, I'm beginning to doubt my sanity.

I'm really confused at the defense sliders, specifically.

At the beginning, I thought it is how effective the defense will be played. But after lowering everything on CPU defense to 0, I do not see any changes. But I felt that my defense is worse. But when I restore CPU defense and lowered user defense, nothing happens?

Can anybody give me a definitive answer on how defense sliders apply? i.e. do CPU sliders apply to CPU teams defensively, or do they mean how much defense is applied to the CPU when they're on offense?

I hope that made sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2014, 01:12 AM   #2
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Question about sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
Since I've been messing around with sliders, I'm beginning to doubt my sanity.

I'm really confused at the defense sliders, specifically.

At the beginning, I thought it is how effective the defense will be played. But after lowering everything on CPU defense to 0, I do not see any changes. But I felt that my defense is worse. But when I restore CPU defense and lowered user defense, nothing happens?

Can anybody give me a definitive answer on how defense sliders apply? i.e. do CPU sliders apply to CPU teams defensively, or do they mean how much defense is applied to the CPU when they're on offense?

I hope that made sense.
The defensive sliders basically dictate how much pressure is applied i.e. if you have jump shot release defense maxed, expect to see more blocked jumpers. If you have it at 0, you won't even get much of a hand in your face - and if you do, it won't affect your shot.

So basically, those sliders alter how effective and how much pressure will be applied in those situations. Do they affect both the user and CPU? I'm almost certain that they do.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:28 AM   #3
Rookie

But what I'm wondering is this: If I have CPU defense sliders for jump shots at 0, for example, should I be not bothered at all by the contest? Or should the CPU be not bothered by the contest?
Old 11-16-2014, 03:51 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
But what I'm wondering is this: If I have CPU defense sliders for jump shots at 0, for example, should I be not bothered at all by the contest? Or should the CPU be not bothered by the contest?
The contest should not affect you since the cpu slider is at 0.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullspeed
The contest should not affect you since the cpu slider is at 0.
The problem is it still does. The shot meter still shrinks, and the percentage still drops.

I tested it by using a custom 99 3pt player with 3pt slider at 60 and CPU defense Jump shot defense strength both gather and release at 0.

If the slider works like you said, I should have A+ regardless of whether I'm open or not. But it doesn't work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2014, 11:10 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
The problem is it still does. The shot meter still shrinks, and the percentage still drops.

I tested it by using a custom 99 3pt player with 3pt slider at 60 and CPU defense Jump shot defense strength both gather and release at 0.

If the slider works like you said, I should have A+ regardless of whether I'm open or not. But it doesn't work.
what difficulty are you playing on? And what kind of grades are you getting with these sliders?
Old 11-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #7
Rookie

FatPenguin's Arena

Do the defense assist strength and boxout assist strength sliders (in controler settings) have any influence in mycareer mode games when i basicaly control and play with only one player in the team?
Old 11-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullspeed
what difficulty are you playing on? And what kind of grades are you getting with these sliders?
Playing on HOF. With CPU contest at 0 and user at 100, I was ranging between A+ and D.

Just did a similar test with User defense strength at 0, CPU at 100, I ranged between A+ and B+.

Yeah, I think my initial fear was right. The defense sliders changes how defense affects them, not how effective their defense is

If someone else would like to test further, here's how I tested.

Created a 99 OVR player with maxed out attributes, boosted 3pt shooting to 60 (to really show the difference), then play quick games with changed sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »