Home

Please Help!!!

This is a discussion on Please Help!!! within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2015, 09:00 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Please Help!!!

Man I love this game but I'm having a problem. I've tried some of these sliders and they're all pretty good. The problem I seem to have no matter whose sliders i'm using is All Star is too easy and Superstar isn't fair. I will go 10-0 or 9-1 on All star then go about 2-8 or 1-9 on superstar. On superstar I will be winning every game with 4 min left. Sometimes up 10 with under 4 min and I'll of the sudden the CPU can't miss and will go on a 12-0 run. Someone save this game for me please
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2015, 10:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Please Help!!!

Use poke's sliders on superstar. I am 3-9 now but I have no superstars (coz it's Wolves). But I was 10-2 with Pacers but I accidentally deleted it.

About the under 4 min problem of yours, slow the pace and try to get fouls. In my experience, it will eliminate their momentum.

Also I noticed that defensive players with Mind Games badge really helps a lot defending premeir offensive players like Durant and Melo.

Last edited by cezzz16; 02-23-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:52 AM   #3
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Not sure if you've tried mine or not, but I just recently made some updates. My slider set is on Superstar and I think it is fair because this set makes the game as realistic as possible, but it definitely is not for the feint of heart because you will get destroyed by the better teams in the league. The Warriors have 9 losses this year, and with my slider set you WILL NOT beat them without another top team. Steph Curry can and will drop 40 on you if you don't have a gold perimeter lockdown defender. If you want a set that will challenge your basketball IQ and force you to play real basketball then try my set out, if you are looking for something a tad easier I recommend Cycloniac's (which I based mine off of) I still think he has the smoothest FEELING set on this site.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-sliders.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...5-sliders.html
Old 02-24-2015, 03:10 AM   #4
Rookie

I really like the 5 vertical. I'm using Poke's sliders but I tweaked something. I got Cycloniac's Inside shot success, Sim World's Driving and Inside shot contact frequency. I'm using shot stick timing btw.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:15 AM   #5
Rookie

Vaselkov's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cezzz16
I really like the 5 vertical. I'm using Poke's sliders but I tweaked something. I got Cycloniac's Inside shot success, Sim World's Driving and Inside shot contact frequency. I'm using shot stick timing btw.
What you like about vertical 5? I would like that sliders creators would explain why they use those numbers. Vertical at 5 should do these things:
- harder to rebound
- harder to dunk
- harder to block
- harder to contest shots

or i am wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 12:50 PM   #6
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaselkov
What you like about vertical 5? I would like that sliders creators would explain why they use those numbers. Vertical at 5 should do these things:
- harder to rebound
- harder to dunk
- harder to block
- harder to contest shots

or i am wrong?
I'd say...
-Harder for BIGS to rebound
-Doesn't effect dunks
-Actually makes blocking better
-Reduces the frequency of blocked jumpshots...

See here's the thing...Actually, I don't feel like saying it again so I'll just quote my post from another thread...give me a minute.

EDIT: Alright here is how I explained it in another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
The last slider that I want to talk about is vertical. People NEED to understand what this slider does, because it does NOT effect how HIGH your player jumps.

At 0 does your center jump 1" off the ground? No, at 100 does your center jump 10 feet of the ground? No! ALL this slider does is A. Impact the speed / willingness of your defenders to jump, and B. effect WHAT animations play out when you press the Triangle/Y button.

When you have the vertical slider at 0 watch your rebounders, they will ALL do that silly rebounding animation where they stay grounded and reach back for the ball. Bump the vertical up to 100 and you will see guys soaring across the paint, they aren't jumping any higher, the difference is they are actually jumping, because the low vertical rating wasn't allowing them to.
Long story short is a lower vertical actually helps defenders stay more grounded and have more weight which for me and MY slider set has helped exponentially with the shot blocking.

Here are the stats from a game I played last night as the Heat...

Now call me crazy, but I haven't seen 9 blocks in a game of 2K in a long time. There are a lot of slider sets that have the vertical slider much higher than mine, but they are not getting blocks which in turn doesn't allow shot blockers to stand out. If I'm going to put an offensive liability like Rudy Gobert on the court he BETTER be able to do something for me on the defensive end, and that is what my slider set (with Cycloniac's 5 vertical edit) brings.

Last edited by Shady Mike; 02-24-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Vaselkov's Arena

Shady Mike, this is very interesting and helpful what you wrote, thanks man.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:18 PM   #8
Rookie

That's the explanation. One thing I like about low vert and low rebounding sliders is how the players REALLY FIGHT for a rebound esp. when 4 big men are inside fighting for it and sometimes lose the ball out of bound. In my experience, this is where the top rebounders shine and also we won't see any guards who have bad rebounding soaring up high to get one and averaging more than they should.

Regarding the Blocked shots, I once made 17 blocks shots with this set with Hibbert getting 7 blocks but that was only one game, some games he had nothing and 2 total team blocks but he bothered the slashers and post players well without fouling.

Last edited by cezzz16; 02-24-2015 at 08:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »