Home

Luke Skywalker's Sliders

This is a discussion on Luke Skywalker's Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Luke Skywalker's Sliders

NBA 2K16 Sliders

MyLeague slider settings:
Simulator Difficulty: 60
Trade Negotiation Difficulty: 60
Contract Negotiation Difficulty: 60
CPU Re-Sign Aggressiveness: 75
Morale Difficulty: 58
Morale Effects: 58
Chemistry Difficulty: 70
Chemistry Effects: 70
User/CPU Injury Effects: 55
Player Non-Financial: 80

POST-PATCH SLIDERS (Strategy-based), updated 11/20/2015
Whatever is not mentioned remains at 50. I use Real Player % for Shooting and Free Throw. Superstar difficulty.

OFFENSE

Inside Shot Success 45
Close Shot Success 45
Midrange Shot 40
3PT Shot 53
Layup Success 46
Dunk in Traffic Success 42
Contact Shot Success 45

DEFENSE
Driving Frequency 100
Inside Contact Frequency 100
Layup Takeoff 88
Layup Release 85
Jumpshot Gather 70
Jumpshot Release 70
Help Defense 75

ATTRIBUTES
Fatigue Rate 57

FOULS
Over the Back 60
Charging 70
Blocking 70
Reaching 70
Shooting 85
Loose Ball 80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read the preceding text below about 2K15 if you must, but these sliders are to present a challenge and strategy-based game play. Sliders don't translate well among certain users because of how you play, well these work fine for me and my style. Try it out.

You can use User Timing (I use it). Anything else is your preference. Strictly for 12-minute quarters. Here you go!

Everything 50, yes EVERYTHING

Except....
Driving Contract -- 100
Inside Contact -- 100
Layup Take Off -- 75
Layup Release -- 75
Fatigue Rate -- 57

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NBA 2K15
For DEFAULT Rosters or any Roster pre-Patch 4

Ever since the release of Patch 4 the game turned into an arcade circus. I tried everything. I tried using various sliders on OS but to no avail - nothing aligned for that gameplay medium. We all play differently, so sliders don't translate well. I created my own that plays very challenging. I am not concerned with realism, because realism is an illusion. I want a challenge, strategy-based game. Try out these sliders, let me know.
Difficulty: Superstar
Game Speed: 42

Real Player % both FT and Shooting
Inside Shot 35 (standing layup, putbacks + the aptitude of interior defense makes this shot very hard to execute, as it should be)

Close Shot 43 (a lot of post players use this, keep it same as midrange success)

Midrange 43 (see above description)

3PT Success 45 (keep this high, live and die by the 3. the strategy is to keep you guessing. will you commit to interior defense and gamble on threes falling or play perimeter defense and have Anthony Davis burn you?)

Layup Success 40 (mainly with contact layups, skew inside shot percentage so you can't carelessly drive the lane)

Dunk in Traffic Frequency 65 (Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard have no regard for traffic and will go for a dunk with people in the lane, this also causes more charges in the paint for the aggressive dunkers)

Dunk in Traffic Success 42 (the Blake Griffin and Dwight Howards aren't always successful when executing their dunks)

Contact Shot Success 42

Inside Contact 100
Driving Contact 100

Layup Takeoff 88 (get bruised and battered driving to the rim)

Layup Release 85 (all defense is met at the rim, unless you're Rondo, highly unlikely you will want to galvanize the paint with a Steve Novak)

Jumpshot Gather 70 (cherish space against an on ball defender)

Jumpshot Release 70 (increases chances of contested shots)

Help Defense Strength 75 (help defense is an important aspect of NBA basketball, this will help neutralize threats in your game plan, such as Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James and force them to pass out on double teams)

Steal Success 50

Attributes everything 50, except ...
Fatigue Rate 57 (lax on the turbo, this is a deterent to slow down your game and run plays, rely on your depth so the bench matters more and use your timeouts; all strategy based)

Tendencies
Inside Shot 45
Close Shot 70 (this is modified specificly to post players, such as Anthony Davis and Tim Duncan- see Look for Post Players slider)
Midrange 40 (Midrange shots are a lost art in the NBA, and this is what you want to try and force the offense to shoot, low percentage shots)
3PT Shot 65 (don't leave that man open on the perimeter, this amplifies catch and shoot situations)

Post Shots 65 (for the post player involvement)

Attack the Basket 35 (slow it down, run plays- this helps with drive and kick situations, especially the CPU Rondo, CP3, D-Will, Rubio etc,)

Look for Post Players 80 (For the CPU to always look down low tand feed it to the big man, if they have an Anthony Davis or Chris Bosh, your gameplan should require playing the passing lane to the paint and force low percentage shots)

Fouls
Over The Back 60
Charges 70
Blocking 70
Reach-In 80
Shooting Fouls 85
Loose Ball Foul 75

Last edited by Luke Skywalker; 11-30-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #2
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Re: Luke Skywalker's Sliders

level superstar?
Old 03-28-2015, 05:15 PM   #3
Pro

Yes, updated first post.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #4
Rookie

Trying these out soon man...this game is broken for me atm.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:31 AM   #5
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Is it only me, or no 3pt shooter is making shots? I mean, I played with golden state, and curry went 2-8 from 3pt! Most were wide open shots...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #6
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Ever since the release of Patch 4 the game turned into an arcade circus. I tried everything. I tried using various sliders on OS but to no avail - nothing aligned for that gameplay medium. We all play differently, so sliders don't translate well. I created my own that plays very challenging. I am not concerned with realism, because realism is an illusion. I want a challenge, strategy-based game. Try out these sliders, let me know.
Difficulty: Superstar
Game Speed: 42

Real Player % both FT and Shooting
Inside Shot 35 (standing layup, putbacks + the aptitude of interior defense makes this shot very hard to execute, as it should be)

Close Shot 43 (a lot of post players use this, keep it same as midrange success)

Midrange 43 (see above description)

3PT Success 45 (keep this high, live and die by the 3. the strategy is to keep you guessing. will you commit to interior defense and gamble on threes falling or play perimeter defense and have Anthony Davis burn you?)

Layup Success 40 (mainly with contact layups, skew inside shot percentage so you can't carelessly drive the lane)

Dunk in Traffic Frequency 65 (Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard have no regard for traffic and will go for a dunk with people in the lane, this also causes more charges in the paint for the aggressive dunkers)

Dunk in Traffic Success 42 (the Blake Griffin and Dwight Howards aren't always successful when executing their dunks)

Contact Shot Success 42

Inside Contact 100
Driving Contact 100

Layup Takeoff 88 (get bruised and battered driving to the rim)

Layup Release 85 (all defense is met at the rim, unless you're Rondo, highly unlikely you will want to galvanize the paint with a Steve Novak)

Jumpshot Gather 70 (cherish space against an on ball defender)

Jumpshot Release 70 (increases chances of contested shots)

Help Defense Strength 75 (help defense is an important aspect of NBA basketball, this will help neutralize threats in your game plan, such as Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James and force them to pass out on double teams)

Steal Success 50

Attributes everything 50, except ...
Fatigue Rate 57 (lax on the turbo, this is a deterent to slow down your game and run plays, rely on your depth so the bench matters more and use your timeouts; all strategy based)

Tendencies
Inside Shot 45
Close Shot 70 (this is modified specificly to post players, such as Anthony Davis and Tim Duncan- see Look for Post Players slider)
Midrange 40 (Midrange shots are a lost art in the NBA, and this is what you want to try and force the offense to shoot, low percentage shots)
3PT Shot 65 (don't leave that man open on the perimeter, this amplifies catch and shoot situations)

Post Shots 65 (for the post player involvement)

Attack the Basket 35 (slow it down, run plays- this helps with drive and kick situations, especially the CPU Rondo, CP3, D-Will, Rubio etc,)

Look for Post Players 80 (For the CPU to always look down low tand feed it to the big man, if they have an Anthony Davis or Chris Bosh, your gameplan should require playing the passing lane to the paint and force low percentage shots)

Fouls
Over The Back 60
Charges 70
Blocking 70
Reach-In 80
Shooting Fouls 85
Loose Ball Foul 75
Thank you very much for your efforts Luke.

I was very frustrated with the post patch and I gave up playing the game for about a week.

Now i'm encouraged once again to play the game.

I'll definitely test those, probably tomorrow and send you a feedback.

I 100 % agree with your "I created my own that plays very challenging. I am not concerned with realism, because realism is an illusion. I want a challenge, strategy-based game. " comment. You can't make everything real, every single thing similar to the real basketball. You can't. What we need is a challenge as you pointed out. No CPU cheesing but challenge. We can get beat but if CPU plays better than us, not because of cheesing. And since the game was arcadish after the post patch, everybody flying around like players moving on jets, hitting jump shots with ease i'm really excited to try your sliders.

One question: I don't use real player % , I use shot timing, will I be able to get 100 % of this slider set ? If not, which slider value that I need to adjust ?

Thanks once again for your effort
Old 04-08-2015, 10:08 AM   #7
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
Is it only me, or no 3pt shooter is making shots? I mean, I played with golden state, and curry went 2-8 from 3pt! Most were wide open shots...
Is it real player FG or user shot timing ? Because the value is at 45/100 which is considered high after the patch 4. You should be able to hit open shots with Curry with 45/100 if you are open and if you time your shots well.

Maybe your team got so cold during the game or maybe Curry wasn't that wide open or maybe your shot release wasn't that good. 2/8 might happen in a stretch, even real Curry has some moments like that. Don't worry about it too much.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
Thank you very much for your efforts Luke.

I was very frustrated with the post patch and I gave up playing the game for about a week.

Now i'm encouraged once again to play the game.

I'll definitely test those, probably tomorrow and send you a feedback.

I 100 % agree with your "I created my own that plays very challenging. I am not concerned with realism, because realism is an illusion. I want a challenge, strategy-based game. " comment. You can't make everything real, every single thing similar to the real basketball. You can't. What we need is a challenge as you pointed out. No CPU cheesing but challenge. We can get beat but if CPU plays better than us, not because of cheesing. And since the game was arcadish after the post patch, everybody flying around like players moving on jets, hitting jump shots with ease i'm really excited to try your sliders.

One question: I don't use real player % , I use shot timing, will I be able to get 100 % of this slider set ? If not, which slider value that I need to adjust ?

Thanks once again for your effort
I don't use user timing because a green release is automatic 99% of the time, I use real player and let the ratings and slider modifier dictate the success of a shot, allowing more suspense. I wouldn't know what to recommend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »