Home

Hall of Fame: Why so many complainers?

This is a discussion on Hall of Fame: Why so many complainers? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2015, 02:05 PM   #1
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0
Hall of Fame: Why so many complainers?

I purchased 2K15 2 weeks ago and hadn't played a 2K game for the last 2 years. Im 20 games in and im already on HOF difficulty. Not only that, but I play on the out-of-box simulation settings not default. Im over .500 so far on the year and actually found myself LOWERING human mid and 3pt sliders just because im hitting them far more often than the CPU. I dont get all the talk on here and on other sites about the CPU HOF being cheese. What do you expect? Every single sports game ever made has had CPU cheese on the hardest difficulty. Everyone says,"I dont want the CPU to make shot clock cheese or to randomly close out and contest my shot so I miss, but I just want a smarter playing AI." Fair point, but the AI on HOF is smarter than on any other difficulty. The devs can only make the AI on HOF smart/difficult up to a certain point, but after that the cheese comes in because they know that the user is too good for the AI. The cheese comes in only to make the games competitive for the users that actually try to play basketball, run plays, dig in on defense, and are actually good enough to beat the CPU on HOF. Whatever, my rant is done. I think 2K plays a fun game of basketball, but for those who counter its realism you may as well leave now because every sports game made will never match its real life counterpart. Its a hard point to drive into people's heads but they will never enjoy 2K until they realize what it actually is......a video game and damn good one at that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2015, 02:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Hall of Fame: Why so many complainers?

Cool man. What team are you playing with? Minutes per quarter? What are your other settings?
Old 08-09-2015, 08:28 PM   #3
Rookie

2 weeks ago. You do read that the game is easier on the last update right? That's why this forum is made for the realism of the sliders. As you can see, most people here now are complaining about the game for being too easy. Anyway you have your point, many people are just CASUAL gamers. Means they don't effin care about the plays, and only do the pick and roll or isolation moves.

Many players too have above .500 vs CPU HoF, I have 26-3 on my Wolves now. There's Poke who has a great slider and I read some players here even ticked the sliders for their own disadvantage.

LOWERING 3PT and MID range doesn't solve the easy FG issue, but pumping up the Jump shot defense to 100 will give you a semi hard time draining contested shots.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:04 AM   #4
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cezzz16
2 weeks ago. You do read that the game is easier on the last update right? That's why this forum is made for the realism of the sliders. As you can see, most people here now are complaining about the game for being too easy. Anyway you have your point, many people are just CASUAL gamers. Means they don't effin care about the plays, and only do the pick and roll or isolation moves.

Many players too have above .500 vs CPU HoF, I have 26-3 on my Wolves now. There's Poke who has a great slider and I read some players here even ticked the sliders for their own disadvantage.

LOWERING 3PT and MID range doesn't solve the easy FG issue, but pumping up the Jump shot defense to 100 will give you a semi hard time draining contested shots.
Ive played with Poke's sliders. They're good but I literally win by 20 everygame without trying. Im getting pretty close to getting the game where I want it. It may not give the most accurate representation of basketball, but its still fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »