Home

Can anyone answer

This is a discussion on Can anyone answer within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2015, 08:11 AM   #1
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Can anyone answer

What does the defense consistency slider do? I though I knew but now I'm not sure. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Can anyone answer

Im thinking it has something to do with how well the player(s) play to their "positive" defensive attributes.

If you go in the rosters, when you raise someone defensive consistency theyre overall atributes raises as well.

It may also mean that whatever is your defensive scheme for example, hard hedge, someone/sliders with a high defensive consistency will do play to that scheme most of the time.... Im not too sure but thats what im thinking. I did notice by raising it to 100 the cpu defense was a little better.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2015, 12:31 PM   #3
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Im thinking it has something to do with how well the player(s) play to their "positive" defensive attributes.

If you go in the rosters, when you raise someone defensive consistency theyre overall atributes raises as well.

It may also mean that whatever is your defensive scheme for example, hard hedge, someone/sliders with a high defensive consistency will do play to that scheme most of the time.... Im not too sure but thats what im thinking. I did notice by raising it to 100 the cpu defense was a little better.

I was thinking that it helped the CPU pay more attention to your post guy if he's going off but after last night and killing in the playoffs with Zebo, I'm not sure anymore.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:38 PM   #4
Pro

Yea I remeber you mentioning that in another thread. The game needs tuning in that aspect i think. Last year they had it somewhat right in where if you scored like three in a row, a double would come whether on the wing or post.

Im doing some test in where im abusing the pick and roll with the alleyoop. Im first testing against Cleveland on superstar sim sliders. Ran 15 pick and roll plays in a row. Succesful on 12 out of 15. 9 of them ending with an alleyoop slam with Tiago Splitter.

Second quarter im a do HOF custom sliders with a focus on Defense and see if the CPU let me abuse them with the pick and roll

Old 10-18-2015, 01:06 PM   #5
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Yea I remeber you mentioning that in another thread. The game needs tuning in that aspect i think. Last year they had it somewhat right in where if you scored like three in a row, a double would come whether on the wing or post.

Im doing some test in where im abusing the pick and roll with the alleyoop. Im first testing against Cleveland on superstar sim sliders. Ran 15 pick and roll plays in a row. Succesful on 12 out of 15. 9 of them ending with an alleyoop slam with Tiago Splitter.

Second quarter im a do HOF custom sliders with a focus on Defense and see if the CPU let me abuse them with the pick and roll

Interesting. Yeah I can't believe more people aren't talking about the lack of sim D. I may try and turn the AI coaching adjustments off In hopes that maybe 2k reversed that setting. They have done that before on accident. Idk jus grasping for straws I guess
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2015, 01:51 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Interesting. Yeah I can't believe more people aren't talking about the lack of sim D. I may try and turn the AI coaching adjustments off In hopes that maybe 2k reversed that setting. They have done that before on accident. Idk jus grasping for straws I guess
I think they are headed in the right direction with the pick and roll, not perfect but on the right track.

With my test. The CPU started doubling all pick and roll ball screens in where Jeff Teague initiated. Whether it was on superstar, hof, sim or custom sliders. I didnt notice a glaring difference between defensive consistency and defensive awareness being at 100 or 50. The cpu double regardless and the rotations seemed to be there to help pick up the roll man. Some time they (defender for roll man) came they came soon other times a little late but thats basketball. What i was looking for was some type of adjustment and it did happen.

Now the flip side is that i started running pick and fade with Kyle Kover. The cpu still doubled leaving Kyle Kover with like 15 open shots in a row. Some he made some he missed and plus i was down by double digits so that may have played a factor but he was clearly wide open. I was hoping after two made in a row running pick and fade the cpu would switch all ball screens by kyle kover but it didnt happen, maybe thats too advance lol

But like i said i was down so maybe the cpu logic was to keep on letting me shoot 3s since im losing. One thing that i do like about the cpu is that they will ice certain players especially with a ball screen on the wing. So with my test, if you are successful (meaning scoring consistently) with the pick and roll the cpu will do something different probably double. My next area is the dreaded post play lol but if your scoring 50 with Zebo and no double then... Lol

Old 12-04-2015, 11:30 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

I always felt like this slider was the best way to keep the CPU from making ridiculous shots on offense or limited the amount they'll make in a row. It's one of the first sliders I tuned when I got the game...I think I turned offensive consistency down to 40...makes the game feel more realistic to me.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »