Home

What are the best sliders for Fouls?

This is a discussion on What are the best sliders for Fouls? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #1
Rookie

I_Am_Freitas's Arena

OVR: 1
What are the best sliders for Fouls?

I'm finding that on average, I'll get to the foul line anywhere between 1-3 times in a quarter, and it ruins the flow of the game because I can have a shooting foul happen only a couple minutes into a quarter, but the next one won't happen until I'm past the halfway mark of the Q. This results in some unrealistic stats and REALLY whacky substitution tendencies. I like to leave substitution on automatic, and often times the lineups will substitute 3 or 4 players at a time and then not sub again for quite a while. Anyone who watches and knows the NBA, knows that these things don't happen like that.

I feel like changing the fouling sliders to a more realistic set will change the feel of the game and create a change in pace and result in some different games. I don't care if I have games where I'm not getting many foul calls, followed by games where I'm getting all the calls; I just want a realistic foul set.

Also, I thought I would mention that I have both Contact Frequency sliders tuned to 0 to reduce the frequency of that force field when dribbling.

I would really appreciate the input! Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cyberpunk 2077
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 11:48 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What are the best sliders for Fouls?

Mine are:
Over the Back: 60
Blocking: 70
Charging: 70
Reaching: 70
Shooting: 85
Loose Ball: 80
Old 11-29-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

If you want absolute realism crank them all up basically all the way. Definitely want to crank up Over the back,looseball, and charging too 100, only way your going to get even remotely close to seeing non shooting fouls call as a realistic rate, an even them you wont get it spot on.

As far as blocking and shooting fouls, I think those are probably dependent on how you play, if your playing realsitc then youll want them cranked up, if your constantly driving into the paint then lower. Personally I have them set blocking at I think 90 and shooting at 95, and I don't see a parade to he line like Im sure some would say, its rare I have over 30 attempts and its usually around 24 for both teams if I had to estimate.

Really all depends on your style of play, but if you want it as close to realistic as possible they have to be cranked up.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-29-2015, 07:45 PM   #4
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Yeah, you definitely have to raise them to get near realistic fouls. Here are my foul sliders:

Over The Back Foul: 75
Charging Foul: 85
Blocking Foul: 90
Reaching Foul: 80
Shooting Foul: 75/100
Loose Ball Foul: 80

Usually get between 10-20 fouls per game.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 11-30-2015, 12:34 AM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Something I just tried to get more non shooting fouls is I raised both offensive and defensive rebounds up a tad from 50. I have off reb at 65 and D reb at 55 now and I had more non shooting fouls called. I also have OTB and Loose Ball fouls at 100 too, but in the 1 game I played like this it did make a difference. I also have on ball steals at 100, and while that's not technically realistic because IRL very few NBA players reach in for on ball steals very often, but to get close to real stats, sometimes you have to do these thing with NBA2k

Anyway thought I would share, and this is in All Star. I tend to have off reb higher because at default I don't see enough off reb from me or the AI, so that's why I set it higher, so if you see the right amount of off reb in your games at default then just raise both of them up to equal amount, if you want to try this out.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2015, 01:18 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Something I just tried to get more non shooting fouls is I raised both offensive and defensive rebounds up a tad from 50. I have off reb at 65 and D reb at 55 now and I had more non shooting fouls called. I also have OTB and Loose Ball fouls at 100 too, but in the 1 game I played like this it did make a difference. I also have on ball steals at 100, and while that's not technically realistic because IRL very few NBA players reach in for on ball steals very often, but to get close to real stats, sometimes you have to do these thing with NBA2k

Anyway thought I would share, and this is in All Star. I tend to have off reb higher because at default I don't see enough off reb from me or the AI, so that's why I set it higher, so if you see the right amount of off reb in your games at default then just raise both of them up to equal amount, if you want to try this out.
How many loose ball and O.T.B. fouls average are you seen with this set? Are you see enough blocking and charging fouls in the other side? It's difficult to get all together and to rank up all foul sliders to 100 will not function.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:45 PM   #7
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramziock
How many loose ball and O.T.B. fouls average are you seen with this set? Are you see enough blocking and charging fouls in the other side? It's difficult to get all together and to rank up all foul sliders to 100 will not function.

I tend to see 1 or 2 OTB and Loose ball fouls combined in a 12 minute qtr game, maybe once in a while I might see 1 possibly 2 more but that's rare. I actually just bump blocking fouls up to 100 as well, an oddly enough Ive actually seen the AI take more charging calls since I did that.

I definitely don't see a overly high amount of fouls, IRL teams tend to average 18 to 23 fouls, and will shoot somewhere around 22 to 28 Freethrows on average. I know I don't average those numbers, which is what I want to do, and have that game where it a FT parade as well as have games where there are less fouls. Im close to seeing realistic numbers, but definitely not spot on, nor do I feel its probably possible to have that much of a variety.

I do know you have to look at all sliders because I do believe depending on where you set other slider will have a impact on fouls. As in where you rebounds sliders are, along with you help D and those sliders above our Help D that I cant think of right now, but they will also impact fouls depending on where they are set. Higher obviously will mean more fouls typically shooting fouls with those higher than default sim.

So far Ive been pretty happy with my slider set, IMO its the closest slider set Ive ever made to real life. Ive always donemy own because I just believe its best to do your own because everyone skill level and style are different, so my set might not give another person the same results, an vice versa.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »