Home

In search of sliders. Desperate ;)

This is a discussion on In search of sliders. Desperate ;) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2016, 04:32 AM   #1
Rookie

info0's Arena

OVR: 0
In search of sliders. Desperate ;)

I used to play on default Pro until I get comfortable beating AI and learning game mechanics.

Well, that was easy part to nail down, so moved to Armor and Swords Red slider set, stick with it until it became too easy (can beat teams by 40+ points).

I use User Timing. Never liked Real Player % for some reason (when you learn players hot zones it is a breeze isn't it?).

Now the problem is, I tried default All-Star difficulty. Even though, I can go 17 or 20 points up vs any team, they mount a come back in same quarter. It's not as if you can do anything about it either. All is going fine and then, all of the sudden, your players go out of bounds, play out of bound passes, pass the ball to opponent despite you NOT selecting that player to pass to, miss dunks when no-one is around, etc.
On opposition end, AI starts hitting every contested shot, every 3 starts to fall in, etc.
Bang your 20 point lead goes down to 2 or 0. IT HAPPENS IN EVERY Quarter, yet most cheesiness comes to shine in 4th quarter. It's almost certain AI is programmed to get you frustrated. You will either lose or win by small margin. Never a blow out like you can see in real life...

Ok, so end of ramble. I tried Super Star and it's a little too hard for me, but I don't notice anything STRANGE going on on this difficulty. So searching for a gapping slider set between Pro/All-Star to bring to Super Star.

It's like 2k didn't know what to do with All-Star difficulty, so they made it heavily scripted.

Help would be appreciated and I can feel I am not the only one with said problems ^_^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2016, 10:09 AM   #2
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: In search of sliders. Desperate ;)

Its funny because I think user timing becomes way too easy not Real Player %.
Once I get a guys shot timing down I hardly ever miss, that's just me tho.

Do yourself a favor.
Try these 3 slider sets on OS.
Try that Michiganfans set first. He uses real % tho so you may not like them.
If you don't like them try Poke's set, he does user user timing and they are a tad bit harder to me.
If you don't like either one of those two try the set I am currently using which is the set called Jordan's own. Once you get use to the slower pace of them and get used to missing more shots than the other two sets you may just love them like I do. They too are real % so you may not like them. lol
If none of these sets are to your liking trade the damn game in and buy something else to play.

PS Give each set a few games too, don't just play a game and decide you don't like that set.
It takes 4 or 5 games for a set to shine
Old 11-17-2016, 07:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Try Jordan's own sliders. They are really nice. I made a review on my channel in case you wanna check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB2smlfPahc

I also made a review of thatmichigansfan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6mm_xEQ3u0

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2016, 06:34 AM   #4
Rookie

info0's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Its funny because I think user timing becomes way too easy not Real Player %.
Once I get a guys shot timing down I hardly ever miss, that's just me tho.

Do yourself a favor.
Try these 3 slider sets on OS.
Try that Michiganfans set first. He uses real % tho so you may not like them.
If you don't like them try Poke's set, he does user user timing and they are a tad bit harder to me.
If you don't like either one of those two try the set I am currently using which is the set called Jordan's own. Once you get use to the slower pace of them and get used to missing more shots than the other two sets you may just love them like I do. They too are real % so you may not like them. lol
If none of these sets are to your liking trade the damn game in and buy something else to play.

PS Give each set a few games too, don't just play a game and decide you don't like that set.
It takes 4 or 5 games for a set to shine
Thx for recommendation. Gonna give'em a whirl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »