Home

Can someone confirm or deny if they FEEL like the CPU has a speed boost?

This is a discussion on Can someone confirm or deny if they FEEL like the CPU has a speed boost? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2017, 09:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can someone confirm or deny if they FEEL like the CPU has a speed boost?

I feel as if the CPU has an advantage in terms of smoother animations (because they're programmed to chain them together better than a human can with a controller).

Therefore, I felt like there was a speed boost by the CPU.

However, more recently, I'm noticing that my CPU teammates are moving as quickly as my CPU opponents.

However, my human controlled player (whoever I'm controlling with the ball) still doesn't move as "smoothly" as the CPU.

Just wondering what other people feel?

Should we keep the sliders even for CPU and human, or should we give a slider advantage to the human player?

Which do the simheads of OS play with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2017, 09:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Can someone confirm or deny if they FEEL like the CPU has a speed boost?

Yep - I have always given a boost to acceleration, speed, and lateral quickness exactly because of what you are noticing. Just adjust until you feel like you are getting the behavior and stats you like.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:29 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Yes and it can be some what fixed with sliders.

It kills the fastbreak game but CPU speed 10-25, acceleration 5-10 (user preference) lower than the user will help fix the unrealistic CPU movements.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
Yes and it can be some what fixed with sliders.

It kills the fastbreak game but CPU speed 10-25, acceleration 5-10 (user preference) lower than the user will help fix the unrealistic CPU movements.
Can you please elaborate on this.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:52 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

The speed / acceleration discrepancy is something I have tried to address with the sliders I use. Here is what I have been using (Note - custom sliders starting on HOF then adjusting; Game speed = 55).

Acceleration: 60/40 (Human / CPU)
Speed: 25/0
Hustle: 65/50
Lateral Quickness: 60/40

I make up for the benefit I get on speed (which I think is evening out the playing field) by boosting other CPU's sliders a bit.

Off Awareness: 25/40
Def Awareness: 85/90
Off Consistency: 45/65
Def Consistency: 80/85

I finally feel like I can actually stay in front of the CPU offense most of the time, don't get caught from behind on every fast break, and still have good competitive games.

Last edited by res2; 05-02-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 05:38 AM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeassc
I feel as if the CPU has an advantage in terms of smoother animations (because they're programmed to chain them together better than a human can with a controller).

Therefore, I felt like there was a speed boost by the CPU.

However, more recently, I'm noticing that my CPU teammates are moving as quickly as my CPU opponents.

However, my human controlled player (whoever I'm controlling with the ball) still doesn't move as "smoothly" as the CPU.

Just wondering what other people feel?

Should we keep the sliders even for CPU and human, or should we give a slider advantage to the human player?

Which do the simheads of OS play with?

Yes, anything above all star and the CPU gets a speed advantage, been this way forever. I play on SS, but with heavily edited sliders I made, and I have my speed and quickness at 50 and the CPU's both at 45. This seems to fix it for the most part. I also play with Hustle lowered down to 40 for the CPU and mine left at 50, which I think may play a role too.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »