Home

Armor & Sword's NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Simulation Real FG%/FT% Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Simulation Real FG%/FT% Style Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 12:11 AM   #153
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Armor & Sword's NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Simulation Real FG%/FT% Style Sliders

Just had another amazing game Sword. Gameplay is so unreal.

I finally beat the Cavs! The ultimate satisfaction I had after holding them off with the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter was unreal.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:46 AM   #154
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Simulation Real FG%/FT% Style Sliders

So just looking over the sliders, and saw offensive rebounding missing for cpu. So is that at 50 or 40 only reason I ask is user is matching defensive rebounding so it made me think its just missing from the list.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-19-2017, 01:24 AM   #155
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketballGHS
Keep telling people AR and 30 team control is the only way

What is AR? I'm already doing 30 team control and had set rotations but the CPU seems to ignore them. I'm going to try a few games with fatigue subs and see what happens.

Otherwise, these sliders with a mix between Eccentric's and Michigan's foul settings are giving me almost exactly what I want from a basketball game. Once we get the sub issues, injuries and tendencies (last game I played, the Nets went 11 of 47 on 3s, haha) worked out, we're going to have something really special on our hands!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 01:36 AM   #156
Rookie

Oh, wait...Advanced Rotations, right? Yeah, I was reading about that but think it might be a little over this "Regular Joe"'s head.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #157
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
So just looking over the sliders, and saw offensive rebounding missing for cpu. So is that at 50 or 40 only reason I ask is user is matching defensive rebounding so it made me think its just missing from the list.

- Yes, if you do not see it, that means it is default 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmykels
What is AR? I'm already doing 30 team control and had set rotations but the CPU seems to ignore them. I'm going to try a few games with fatigue subs and see what happens.

Otherwise, these sliders with a mix between Eccentric's and Michigan's foul settings are giving me almost exactly what I want from a basketball game. Once we get the sub issues, injuries and tendencies (last game I played, the Nets went 11 of 47 on 3s, haha) worked out, we're going to have something really special on our hands!!
- There is still a ton of work yet to be done with the slider set. We are merely in the very beginning stages of this set for 2K18. Cabbing is intensive and the final set will be pretty awesome (I hope). There is just so much to test and tune with this game. And it has not been hard so far, but I want to be thorough this season as this game is such an amazing accomplishment IMO. I am simply in awe of the CPU AI this year. Injuries, injury recovery, fatigue, team chemistry and injury and fatigue affects are all going to be tested heavily in phase 3. We are very much in phase one (gameplay sliders, fatigue during games, durability during games) right now. Phase 3 is My league settings (Injury level, Injury severity level, Injury affects level fatigue affects, training effects, contracts, trades etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
That's how it was last year. If you started off with HOF sliders and edited to let's say pro...you would be playing pro level with full ACE. I've been wondering if it's the same this year. I hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
- I am going to look at this after I feel version 1.0 is done and then compare notes. SO the plan is to get Version 1.0 gameplay sliders set, then go back.....set the initial play level to “Superstar” and adjust the sliders to version 1.0 and take notes.

All answers in bold.

So just FYI everyone. We have 5 stages we are employing for this years slider set.

Phase 1 - Gameplay sliders at Pro level

Phase 2 - Set level to Superstar and insert Pro sliders to see if ACE affect is enhanced without “Cheese”

Phase 3 - My League settings, simulate seasons, finalize.

Phase 4 - Download TimSmooth Official NBA Rosters and test sliders again

Phase 5 - Download FDU Draft Class and simulate My league again and test MyLeague sliders.

So we have a process in place and my goal is to get them really tuned well for Timsmooth's Official NBA Rosters, FDU draft classes, and Pro level (potentially Superstar level for ACE but Pro level slider settings at the core).

I can say early here in phase one......I really like how ACE is working on Pro. And remember we are Regular Joes here right? I don’t want to be run off the court every night. I want to play at “my” wheelhouse” and if your comfort zone matches up then this is the right set and approach for you.

I m also going to test AR (automatic rotations) for the other 29 CPU teams and set coach settings for those 29 teams as far as sub patter to “Rotation”.

The only thing you will need to stay on top of is injuries for the other 29 teams and then adjust their rotations accordingly. So it does take a little bit of work. But it seems it could be well worth it to get superbly realities rotations.

As far as how to do you decide what subs to have set? It’s your universe. Whatever you want.

In the meantime.....enjoy this great game as we await the roster community to do their magic.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #158
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Another friendly reminder.

Don’t leave the nest.........don’t leave the nest......don’t leave the nest......there is a forest fire burning out of control (in the general forum). Do not leave the nest.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-19-2017, 08:46 AM   #159
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Thanks. Wanted to make sure before I start playing some games this week.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:47 AM   #160
Rookie

I go away for a day and miss all the fun from the one poster

I messed up my Madden fun going to main board

Saved this link so I never have to go there again. Only to check from time to time if a patch is coming.

Who is FDU for draft class. Since I finally see me playing a full season. This now matters

Loved seeing LBJ catch a double the other night and me adjust

AR and injuries are something you really need to stay on top of. It is the cause of sim craziness

I see very little crazy

Check injuries and make sure non-superstars are playing under 32 mins a game.. SS around 35-40

Make sure you have 2-3 guys playing the Center position for CPU to keep rebounding down

Guys like Whiteside will go off in Sim no matter what. From time to time

Last edited by BasketballGHS; 09-19-2017 at 08:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »