Home

DEVROYCE HOF CUSTOM SET (No longer using)

This is a discussion on DEVROYCE HOF CUSTOM SET (No longer using) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2018, 06:06 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Devroyce NBA 2K18 Sliders w/Brooke2011's Real NBA Movement Edits (HOF Test 2-20-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
I have a couple of questions regarding the sliders, I still haven't tried them so it's just curiosity why did you do certain things.

First, why did you put inside shot sucess and layup success at 20? I thought it was fine on default at 50, do you think inside shots are going in too much? Is it because contact shot success is at 100?

Second, why did you lower CPU's body up sensitivity? What does that slider even mean? I thought if you raise it it should reduce blow by animation? Or not?

And third, why is defensive consistency at 0?

I'll try these sliders for sure but i am afraid they would be too easy for me since i have advantage in pass accuracy, ball security, ball handling and hands, and with shooting foul being at 100 i think it's too easy to get to the free throw line, I agree that the number of fouls in the game should be higher overall, but in terms of getting fouls as a user, i think 100 is too much.

As I said, I haven't tried them so this is just speculation but we'll see, maybe i'll be surprised
1. Yes to all. (My opinion only) At default most layups & inside shots are unaffected by strong defense. Also, Animations are mostly "nothing but net". Reverse layups are "almost" always nothing but net at default also. I wanted to capture the ugly side to making and missing layups also, for example, backboard use, ball hitting/bouncing on the rim more, and strong defense affecting them more. Offensive consistency and contact shots at a high level offsets this area so that shots are still made. NBA players make a lot of contact shots as well...even if they are ugly.

2. It has never reduced blow by for me. BUT I COULD BE WRONG LOL...try it at a higher value and let us know how it works. Also, I believe fouls are committed with a little more consistency in this range. I used pro default slider settings for this category (to include a few other categories) and shifted them to HOF difficulty with my own personal twist added. That's all.

3. (My preference) Allow more defensive mistakes such as 3 second violations, kick ball violations, goaltending, etc. To include, offset the high on ball defense slider, & prevent passing lane one hand catches all game along which we will still see sometimes due to it being a 2K legacy issue.

4. No offense but I don't debate about foul numbers any longer on this forum at all. Anyone who says "too many fouls" will be referred to this link with facts:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...NBA_stats.html

NBA League Average for Team (or Personal "PF") Foul Totals = 20 per game (most common range 17 through 24)

Highest avg = Memphis 23.5
Lowest avg = San Antonio 17.0

Free throw Attempts per game = 21.8

Screenshot_2018-02-22-12-04-55.png

5. All I can say is try them. That's up to you. Enjoy and thanks for commenting.

Last edited by devroyce; 02-22-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:08 PM   #10
Banned

Re: Devroyce NBA 2K18 Sliders w/Brooke2011's Real NBA Movement Edits (HOF Test 2-20-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhuez
Would overall gameplay be affected if I took game speed down to say 55??? I find it a little too fast at 57. Otherwise really liking how it plays! Great work!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Not sure. All I can say is try it and let us know what you think here. However, glad you're enjoying them!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by devroyce; 02-22-2018 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:23 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny80
YOUR TEAM STATS ARE GORGEOUS!!!

keep working man, we are on the right way finally!!!!
love your Audio Presentation too!!
I believe we are too. Thanks! The audio change makes the games more exciting. I got inspiration while watching the CAVS first game after the trade on national television. I could hear the ball sound effects a lot more. I could hear the shoes squeaking louder. Dunk sound effects were more explosive! Therefore, I wanted to hear the same effects on the video game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arut2002
These sliders are really a great start, man. I'm looking forward to seeing what tweaks you end up making, but I think you have a very solid base as even as is it's created the most fun gameplay I've seen with 2k18.

For the guys on ps4 they seem to with pretty well with Gro's roster.
Hard not to try improvements with constant tweaking and testing but I thank you for the shoutouts. Glad you are having a blast and found what works for you!

ENJOY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
second game with these sliders and I confirm that the gameplay is very solid and fluid, I really like the game even if I had another low score but I like that, I'll see in the next games, the fouls are distributed very well ..... ..... congratulations for the audio Attachment 146646Attachment 146647Attachment 146648Attachment 146649

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
Confirmation is always a great thing to hear. Happy you've tested multiple games and not just 1 to see if you really enjoy and like them. And yes foul consistency, though not perfected, are happening at a better rate. Same thing I told penny80 above, I got inspiration while watching the CAVS first game after the trade on national television. I could hear the ball sound effects a lot more. I could hear the shoes squeaking louder. Dunk sound effects were more explosive! Therefore, I wanted to hear the same effects on the video game!

BTW, loving the stat screenshots you're posting.

Let me know if it needs any improvements in any area. Thanks!!!

Last edited by devroyce; 02-22-2018 at 07:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 06:47 PM   #12
Banned

Just had a very fun game with amazing stats like this last night, using a modified version of the test sliders on the OP...with newer and higher slider values for some significant areas. More scoring. I finally got 20 fouls for both user and cpu using default 2k rosters. Seen better things like more active hands too. I might send the new test version out to a few to test.

Warriors (User) vs Thunder (Cpu)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1307448.jpg (71.1 KB, 232 views)

Last edited by devroyce; 02-22-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:10 PM   #13
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Devroyce NBA 2K18 Sliders w/Brooke2011's Real NBA Movement Edits (HOF Test 2-20-2

props to you and brooke, this sliders have been amazing for me so far. Making the game so much more enjoyable
Old 02-22-2018, 11:19 PM   #14
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
Just had a very fun game with amazing stats like this last night, using a modified version of the test sliders on the OP...with newer and higher slider values for some significant areas. More scoring. I finally got 20 fouls for both user and cpu using default 2k rosters. Seen better things like more active hands too. I might send the new test version out to a few to test.

I'd be interested

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2018, 05:52 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce

These stats are great man congrats, how do you get so many cpu fouls I tried so many things on my sliders and I never got 30 cpu fouls

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2018, 05:53 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

please post the new update
can't wait!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »