Home

The most challening sliders to me are the default sliders

This is a discussion on The most challening sliders to me are the default sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2018, 05:36 AM   #9
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The most challening sliders to me are the default sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDayEveryDay24
do both teams get to free throw line enough with default sliders?
It varies from game to game, but as CPU seems more aggressive with default sliders I'd say it is fine overall
Old 03-24-2018, 07:33 PM   #10
Rookie

garypayton's Arena

I use hof sliders too. I like how the game flows but i only have one problem :

HORRIBLE FG % FOR BOTH ME AND THE CPU, ESPECIALLY THE CPU.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-25-2018, 04:20 AM   #11
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by garypayton

Any suggestions?
I really don't have that problem, do you play with real fg% or shot stick timing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 08:52 AM   #12
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Any suggestions?
Agreed. This is what i see on default sliders also. I believe the game plays well on NEAR default but not the shooting sliders.
Cpu can barely crack 40% shooting.
I have raised shooting sliders to 51 and 3pt to 52. This gives much better averages.
I use real fg %.

Last edited by jr86; 03-25-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:21 PM   #13
Rookie

I can definitely say that using the default sliders (Hall of Fame for me) makes the game challenging. I'm using the Warriors for the past 40 games in MYLEAGUE with edited sliders and I only lose 4 games and majority of it were I just got lazy with the controller. lol! But then, I decided to try just using the default sliders in hall of fame and voila, lost my latest two games against the bulls and knicks. CPU shoots with more efficiency, defend the lane that makes it harder to drive, and tough physical defense. You need to be 100% focus on the game or else the CPU will make a run and then you realized that you're down big.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:25 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:

Any suggestions?
I'm using user timing and the cpu is shooting the lights out when you're not guarding them.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #15
Banned

Personal HOF Default Account

Sometimes I can't stand this level lol, but after going back to Hall of Fame Default sliders last night I am being forced to play basketball. CPU is actually offering resistance to what what I am doing all game long which is the biggest positive. And most times I have to go through the plays to find success. Most days I am spending so much time, tweaking forever just to see these results in the game stats when I got it right here. I lost but was challenged, and these are my results below:

1525015315264.jpg

Assessment:

After playing, there are only a few things I would change, but probably only increasing a few sliders on the user end (defensive awareness & defensive consistency by 2-3 clicks) because that seems to be the area cpu prey on the most for their wins. The other area they prey on is offensive rebounding vs user defensive rebounding. I would increase user defensive rebounding to combat it. And maybe increase user shooting by 1 click for better shooting (maybe). Cpu Passing Accuracy may be too high also (need more turnovers). That's all I am finding so far.

Oh and abusing sprint button (turbo) is a big no-go on HOF Default. And so is abusing the Set Pick + sprint button combo. I am forced to play with actual patience, learning when to press or hold sprint button and when to let it go depending on a defender's reaction timing, and whether they have the clear advantage clamping me down, or posing risk of stealing the ball from me while attempting a blow by, to include releasing the sprint button (the slow down or stop and go effect on a drive that we see great ball handlers/rim attackers do) when multiple defender's trapping me. Other times I had to learn who to use to exploit certain players' lack of strength and defense at moments (example: I had weight+size+strength advantage using Marco Bellinelli over Wayne Ellington on multiple possessions getting to the rim until Cpu adjusted). Just wanted to leave a few details here on my experience with HOF default.

Edit: One thing I really did not like was this...

Hassan Whiteside is the G.O.A.T. on HOF Default. He is Hakeem Olajuwon+Kobe Bryant on this mode with those deadly post moves, fadeaways, and mid-range jumpers going in constantly and you can't stop him lol. So that would be my other reason for increasing User defensive awareness and defensive consistency a few clicks.

***All in all changing one slider can change the difficulty factor making it easier...I'm not sure if all of the categories has this effect but I will probably leave it alone at default.

Last edited by devroyce; 04-29-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »