Home

Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty

This is a discussion on Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2018, 06:09 AM   #25
Rookie

eich6bc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Devroyce NBA 2K18 Custom Slider Set: Rookie Difficulty

I managed to play 2 full games. Matchups of Philly vs Boston & Pels vs Blazers. I like this set but I feel like the CPU is way too good defensively. Their close outs are incredible. The CPU always manages to be at the right spots defensively. I would tune down the CPU blocks, steals basically their entire defense lol. Also, ball handling should be turned up some. Most times when Im dribbling in traffic, I lose the ball too easily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2018, 10:42 AM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville
Hi... the main things i was looking in the slider set were realistic number in free throws and turnovers (FT 20-25 per team, TO 10-15 per team), i got in your HOF set, but didn't play the game for a while, so can't say anythings about annoying games you considered, so can you check this numbers with your new set? Doing great job, thanks.
Thanks and really appreciate you for reaching out and complimenting what you've enjoyed, but I am not understanding your question or what you are asking me to do. Have you tried the set first? Same thing I apply to other's who send inquiries, I would rather you play the set to make your own judgment.

The "annoying games" were made in reference to HOF DEFAULT sliders. Not the old HOF set I made. It annoyed me to the point where I wanted try something different. While the old HOF set was great in certain aspects, it was highly vulnerable to user exploits. not saying these are free of them but the HOF set definitely was to a very high degree.

The only difference maker for turnovers on the old HOF set was the fact I had Cpu passing accuracy set to 25 but User was higher then at 37. Also, User steals success was definitely high in comparison to Cpu's ball security at 39. And I forgot to mention Steal Attributes being at 100. That was to aid in more reach in's (hoping to result in reach in fouls).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville
Another one... are brooke's real movement included in your new set?
No.

Again, wanna let you know I really do appreciate you taking the time add feedback and I don't take it for granted.

Last edited by devroyce; 04-25-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eich6bc
I managed to play 2 full games. Matchups of Philly vs Boston & Pels vs Blazers. I like this set but I feel like the CPU is way too good defensively. Their close outs are incredible. The CPU always manages to be at the right spots defensively. I would tune down the CPU blocks, steals basically their entire defense lol. Also, ball handling should be turned up some. Most times when Im dribbling in traffic, I lose the ball too easily.
1. Which slider set #1 or #2 (listed on the opening page/set #2 has higher defense values) before I address the remainder of this statement? (Also include how many CPU blocks & steals you are seeing per game)

2. CPU Core Defense: It's not perfect, but I love the fact that CPU does manage to get to the right spots and that their closeouts are incredible! That's a great thing considering defense is highly ignored by 2k and CPU defense can be "exploited" hugely. This is the area I'm not really open to changing much because it took a lot of work to get it there. But individual categories such as blocks and steals success (not steals attributes as it is a huge component in how CPU defense is structured) I am open to changing.

3. Are you holding/mashing turbo too much when driving? (I will take a look at this when I get the chance to play again)

4. Given all the categories you mentioned above, what slider values/numbers would you change them to, as a suggestion?

Thanks and I appreciate you for reaching out and leaving feedback! It's not easy tweaking the sets especially with a family to care for etc. So thanks...help is greatly needed and appreciated.

Last edited by devroyce; 04-25-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:31 PM   #28
Rookie

eich6bc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
1. Which slider set #1 or #2 (listed on the opening page/set #2 has higher defense values) before I address the remainder of this statement? (Also include how many CPU blocks & steals you are seeing per game)

2. CPU Core Defense: It's not perfect, but I love the fact that CPU does manage to get to the right spots and that their closeouts are incredible! That's a great thing considering defense is highly ignored by 2k and CPU defense can be "exploited" hugely. This is the area I'm not really open to changing much because it took a lot of work to get it there. But individual categories such as blocks and steals success (not steals attributes as it is a huge component in how CPU defense is structured) I am open to changing.

3. Are you holding/mashing turbo too much when driving? (I will take a look at this when I get the chance to play again)

4. Given all the categories you mentioned above, what slider values/numbers would you change them to, as a suggestion?

Thanks and I appreciate you for reaching out and leaving feedback! It's not easy tweaking the sets especially with a family to care for etc. So thanks...help is greatly needed and appreciated.

Thanks for the reply bro. I didn’t get a chance to post the team summaries for each game but I will once I get a chance to play tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eich6bc
Thanks for the reply bro. I didn’t get a chance to post the team summaries for each game but I will once I get a chance to play tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Thanks. It's ok even if you couldn't. But it would be appreciated. Basically a round or average amount of what you see could certainly help. As I do agree it is more about gameplay, but if stats are ridiculously crazy that could determine things as well.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:43 PM   #30
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

You may want to give a bump to shooting sliders for both user and cpu. Played a couple of games and neither could crack 40%. Latest game below. 6 min qtrs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180425_220852_hdr.jpg (198.8 KB, 69 views)
Old 04-25-2018, 05:52 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
You may want to give a bump to shooting sliders for both user and cpu. Played a couple of games and neither could crack 40%. Latest game below. 6 min qtrs.
Which Slider set did you use? There are two listed on the OP.

Set #1 = all 50's
Set #2 = all 50's but Contact Shot Success is the only one raised at 73/57 (cpu/user)

What would you raise the numbers to?

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, to include stats!

Last edited by devroyce; 04-25-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2018, 06:28 PM   #32
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
Which Slider set did you use? There are two listed on the OP.

Set #1 = all 50's
Set #2 = all 50's but Contact Shot Success is the only one raised at 73/57 (cpu/user)

What would you raise the numbers to?

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, to include stats!
I used set 2. Latest game below. I was okc. 6 min qtrs. I raised shooting sliders to 51 across the board for both user and cpu.stats look more like they should with this change. You seem to have really nailed the free throws, didn't think that was possible...well done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180425_232343_hdr.jpg (223.9 KB, 74 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »