Home

Lack of sliders threads?

This is a discussion on Lack of sliders threads? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2018, 08:19 AM   #17
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Lack of sliders threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdb8
and some of this peoples released sliders for madden 19 which is one of the worst game right now and as a football fan I decide not to buy this year and move to nba2k19, I m surprised that this year have fewer sliders when the game is going on the right direction especially on offline gameplay.
I would totally disagree with your take on Madden 19.
I am loving it, I have played more Madden 19 this year than I have ever played Madden since the Sega days.
I have finished 8 full seasons already.
IMO it plays a great sim game of football using Flazko's sliders and IMAC's rosters.
I am not kidding when I tell you I am in love with Madden 19. I would post some stats on here that would prove how sim it has been for me, but this not the right thread for Madden.
I just know I will get the itch to play a bball game in the next few weeks.
I coach bball and we had our first practice last night and I immediately came home and played a game of NBA 2K18.
I will take the advice above and just sit back for now and not get NBA 2K19 yet.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:20 AM   #18
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't see how the amount of sliders threads would indicate the quality of the game.

People don't know how good or bad the game is until they play it. Having your usual slider guys pre-decide not to buy the game without even knowing how good or bad it'll be is flawed logic.

Besides, if there are less slider threads, wouldn't that mean that people are happier? Less need to fix it...
Old 10-18-2018, 12:44 PM   #19
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore
I don't see how the amount of sliders threads would indicate the quality of the game.

People don't know how good or bad the game is until they play it. Having your usual slider guys pre-decide not to buy the game without even knowing how good or bad it'll be is flawed logic.

Besides, if there are less slider threads, wouldn't that mean that people are happier? Less need to fix it...
I will agree to disagree with you on that.
To me if the normal guys I have been following for years on this game are not getting the game, its a huge red flag for me.
And less slider threads show me less people are playing it. First thing I always do after I get the game (usually a few weeks after release) is go check out all the slider and roster threads from the OS Slider vets. They just are not here this year.
I have sent a couple of them PM's and they are saying they are passing on this years version.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I will agree to disagree with you on that.
To me if the normal guys I have been following for years on this game are not getting the game, its a huge red flag for me.
And less slider threads show me less people are playing it. First thing I always do after I get the game (usually a few weeks after release) is go check out all the slider and roster threads from the OS Slider vets. They just are not here this year.
I have sent a couple of them PM's and they are saying they are passing on this years version.
Part of this is probably because of the disappointment that was 2K18. It was not well received overall, and probably had the most exploits of any 2K game on this gen or last. Some people got fed up, and some of those people could be vets. However, I myself am a vet, so is barncore and many others who are actually enjoying 2K19 overall. We just need to make up our own minds about these things.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:28 PM   #21
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah i think 2K18 was the last straw for some. I almost didn't get 2K19 but i'm glad i did because i'm loving it.

This is coming from someone who's been playing 2K since Allen Iverson was on the cover. NBA Live even earlier.

Suit yourself if you pass on the game. But if you make that judgement based on the amount of available sliders you'd be making a mistake imo. Up to you though!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 01:43 PM   #22
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore
Yeah i think 2K18 was the last straw for some. I almost didn't get 2K19 but i'm glad i did because i'm loving it.

This is coming from someone who's been playing 2K since Allen Iverson was on the cover. NBA Live even earlier.

Suit yourself if you pass on the game. But if you make that judgement based on the amount of available sliders you'd be making a mistake imo. Up to you though!
I am 99% sure I will get it at some point.
Guess I am just disappointed that a lot of the guys I use to talk sliders and gameplay with are not here this year.
This was a first day purchase every year for me until this year.
And I have too being playing since the dream cast days.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:58 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Keep in mind life situations can change as well as free time to make the edits and test them. Some of the guys are just tired from the grind of editing and others get burnt out. Most of the guys have Madden Sliders.

I think the general gamers fail to understand the amount of work that goes into Sliders, Rosters, etc. Alot put in hundreds of hours and get really nothing to validate the hard work other than a Thank you.

I have been doing this a long time and am getting closer every year to just not releasing anything and doing it for myself to enjoy instead of testing tons of hours to try to provide everyone a good experience.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

Last edited by vtcrb; 10-18-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:59 PM   #24
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Keep in mind life situations can change as well as free time to make the edits and test them. Some of the guys are just tired from the grind of editing and others get burnt out. Most of the guys have Madden Sliders.

I think the general gamers fail to understand the amount of work that goes into Sliders, Rosters, etc. Alot put in hundreds of hours and get really nothing to validate the hard work other than a Thank you.

I have been doing this a long time and am getting closer every year to just not releasing anything and doing it for myself to enjoy instead of testing tons of hours to try to provide everyone a good experience.
Yeah I totally get that for sure.
Life getting in the way is one reason I have not bought it already.
Working 50 hours a week and coaching bball 20 hours a week doesn't leave me as much time to play as I use to have.
Add that to me and the GF saving to buy a bigger house and I am now actually watching the money I spend a lot closer.
Back in the day I spent way more on video games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »