Home

Major fix for player movement/ gameplay

This is a discussion on Major fix for player movement/ gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2019, 10:32 AM   #49
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Major fix for player movement/ gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb1976
That said, do you get accurate stats? I'm on my annual hunt for the best slider set to use in MyLeague. I basically bounce around these forums until I find a set that works best for me. Most recently I've been using the community set and duce mentioned your set so I thought I'd see what's going on in your forum. The most realistic experience in MyLeague is what I'm after. Can that be achieved with your set?
Yes! The stats are close team wise. But I’m not sure how the compare to the NBA. For instance U might shoot 58% and the CPU shoots 43% but they made more three pointers than you because their value is set at 55 where yours is at 50. With my sliders you never feel out of the game. You have the spacing and movement to give u an edge with the right play and player.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:50 AM   #50
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

I don't know, maybe it's me, but I didn't like these, played Spurs against the Knicks and it was a brickfest. I played on real%, should they be played on shot stick timing? And because of that, it was easy, on ball defense is at 5, I know it gives you the better flowing game, but help defense in 2k is just not a good replicate of the real life help defense so it is too easy to get to the rim and finish.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:23 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

^^ I feel the same. The defense is broken in this game. It's too easy to blowby the defender, and when you provide weakside help, to protect the rim on drives, players react too slow to the ball, and get there too late. Offensive rebounding bug is still there, player grabs 3 off boards, and scores on the 3rd one. Ridiculous.. On offense, it's I score, CPU scores. I take the same shots as CPU, theirs go in, mine don't. I hate those floaters that never seem to miss. In previous games, at least a few layups would pop out and miss. Not anymore. This game infuriates me to no end at times, to the point it's unplayable. 2K really needs to improve the defense in this game. They've had years to do it, and they just sit on their hands.

Last edited by BustinLoose; 11-25-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2019, 01:26 PM   #52
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Has to be played on shot timing for shooting and layups . I’m going to update to first page to make the cpu a little more effective

Last edited by Brooke2011; 11-25-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:04 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
I don't know, maybe it's me, but I didn't like these, played Spurs against the Knicks and it was a brickfest. I played on real%, should they be played on shot stick timing? And because of that, it was easy, on ball defense is at 5, I know it gives you the better flowing game, but help defense in 2k is just not a good replicate of the real life help defense so it is too easy to get to the rim and finish.
that right there is the challenge of 2k and sliders. IRL it's pretty easy for players to get by their defender but help defense is constantly cheating over, rotating, having a next line of defense. Rarely do you see a PnR where the ballhandler just gets his pick and glides right to the basket for a layup. Happens all the time in 2k if you don't set the on ball D at "brick wall" setting. At the same time IRL with guys constantly rotating and scrambling you get great open looks from 3. On 2k, far too often the CPU stays home, resulting in a lack of kick out open threes and open threes period and instead far too many PIP and open layups.

The key to 2k reaching the next level is improving help D. Figuring out how to get the AI to understand rotations, angles, etc. I get so frustrated watching on replay when one of my AI teammates decides to "deny the ball" by standing sideways to his man and the CPU simply tosses it over the top for an easy layup. That's NOT how you deny the ball.

Next Gen needs to be all about angles on D.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:15 PM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
that right there is the challenge of 2k and sliders. IRL it's pretty easy for players to get by their defender but help defense is constantly cheating over, rotating, having a next line of defense. Rarely do you see a PnR where the ballhandler just gets his pick and glides right to the basket for a layup. Happens all the time in 2k if you don't set the on ball D at "brick wall" setting. At the same time IRL with guys constantly rotating and scrambling you get great open looks from 3. On 2k, far too often the CPU stays home, resulting in a lack of kick out open threes and open threes period and instead far too many PIP and open layups.

The key to 2k reaching the next level is improving help D. Figuring out how to get the AI to understand rotations, angles, etc. I get so frustrated watching on replay when one of my AI teammates decides to "deny the ball" by standing sideways to his man and the CPU simply tosses it over the top for an easy layup. That's NOT how you deny the ball.

Next Gen needs to be all about angles on D.
I know it's been said before, but 2K needs to hire some of the slider and roster makers in these forums. That alone could improve the series tremendously.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:19 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb1976
I know it's been said before, but 2K needs to hire some of the slider and roster makers in these forums. That alone could improve the series tremendously.
I fear the days of great rosters are dying. The emphasis on badges is making it more of a struggle to edit players. Just moving ratings doesn't often do enough, but badges are often too overpowered. For example a guy like Mo Wagner is hitting over 70% (last I looked) at the basket and hitting his 3s. Just moving ratings though doesn't seem to do enough. But do we really want Mo Wagner getting finisher badges or shooting badges? I struggle with this because originally badges were designed for the elite player to show they really shined at a particular task. But now badges are everywhere and I feel it's hard to quantify adding badges for both sim stats and gameplay in the same way you could use ratings bumps to improve a player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2019, 05:06 PM   #56
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
I fear the days of great rosters are dying. The emphasis on badges is making it more of a struggle to edit players. Just moving ratings doesn't often do enough, but badges are often too overpowered. For example a guy like Mo Wagner is hitting over 70% (last I looked) at the basket and hitting his 3s. Just moving ratings though doesn't seem to do enough. But do we really want Mo Wagner getting finisher badges or shooting badges? I struggle with this because originally badges were designed for the elite player to show they really shined at a particular task. But now badges are everywhere and I feel it's hard to quantify adding badges for both sim stats and gameplay in the same way you could use ratings bumps to improve a player.

2K caters too much to the online aspects of the game like The Park and MyTeam and seems to be forgetting the NBA in the title. It's maddening! I honestly think them catering to park players is a HUGE reason why so many adjustments are needed for us MyLeague guys to get a solid playing game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »