Home

Defensive transition

This is a discussion on Defensive transition within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2021, 11:53 AM   #1
Pro

gabri3l3's Arena

OVR: 6
Defensive transition

What is the slider if there is one that regulates how quickly players get back in transition?
Is it hustle?

I feel like there aren't enough fastbreak/transition opportunities as the the CPU/user is way too diligent getting back when in reality you see a lot players jogging back (pleading for a foul, tired, ecc...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2021, 05:27 PM   #2
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive transition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabri3l3
What is the slider if there is one that regulates how quickly players get back in transition?
Is it hustle?

I feel like there aren't enough fastbreak/transition opportunities as the the CPU/user is way too diligent getting back when in reality you see a lot players jogging back (pleading for a foul, tired, ecc...)
I would love to know this as well, my latest sliders give me decent FB numbers, but it's pretty glitched this year. Per usual, the 2k went to far in fixing something that was broken

More than that I feel like it's glitched this year to the point that THE SECOND you begin holding sprint, you'll see players like Jokic zooming in front of you to cut off the break. It's a catchup bug i.e. old PES/Fifa at this point
Old 02-24-2021, 03:17 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Ive been feeling like this also. Speaking of Jokic the other day the he caught up to and got infront of Patrick Beverly the other day during a fast break when I was playing against the CPU. My reaction was WTH?? With roster/sliders I"m using I'm not having an issue with faster players beating slower ones off of the dribble but I do see issues on fast breaks with slower players catching faster ones somehow. Been trying to figure out what slider controls this?
Old 02-24-2021, 07:52 PM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Ive been feeling like this also. Speaking of Jokic the other day the he caught up to and got infront of Patrick Beverly the other day during a fast break when I was playing against the CPU. My reaction was WTH?? With roster/sliders I"m using I'm not having an issue with faster players beating slower ones off of the dribble but I do see issues on fast breaks with slower players catching faster ones somehow. Been trying to figure out what slider controls this?

There isn’t one, it’s just 2K rubber-banding the defenders to the offense. Sometimes they make it so the dribbler can’t sprint for a few seconds, giving the defense time to get in position. Other times the defender is given a speed boost to cut off the lane.
Old 03-08-2021, 03:43 PM   #5
Pro

gabri3l3's Arena

OVR: 6

Isn't the hustle rating somehow linked to how fast players get back on defense?

Also body-up sensitivity may be what makes defenders lock onto the ball handler on the break, am I mistaken?

I'm just throwing hypothesis out there because this is getting very annoying lately. Most of my games have teams with like 2 fastbreak points total and this results in super low score games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »