Home

CPU Defense...

This is a discussion on CPU Defense... within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2022, 10:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU Defense...

How to improve CPU defense??? I've tried different sliders, defense settings, etc. but nothing works perfect. Anyway it's easy to run to the basket or if they press, duoble - it is easy to score 3pt. Also I set every individual player defensive attributes to 99 but it doesn't helps as well. Also I tried to make speed with ball slower than speed without ball (so that CPU could move faster on defense) but this also doesn't work.

ANY IDEAS??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2022, 07:56 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: CPU Defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arni5
How to improve CPU defense??? I've tried different sliders, defense settings, etc. but nothing works perfect. Anyway it's easy to run to the basket or if they press, duoble - it is easy to score 3pt. Also I set every individual player defensive attributes to 99 but it doesn't helps as well. Also I tried to make speed with ball slower than speed without ball (so that CPU could move faster on defense) but this also doesn't work.

ANY IDEAS??
Learn how to code. Get a job at 2K and fix the bleeping game.

OK - but seriously, there is just only so much that sliders or roster edits can do. The game is built to make an online arcade style player happy. That is 2K's target audience. Players like you and most of the Sliders form regulars are just not who they have made this game for.

Check out the various sliders posts for this groups best efforts to make a somewhat sim experience out of this mess.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:14 PM   #3
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: CPU Defense...

It depends on why it’s easy to get to the basket. If you have Body-Up Sensitivity and Lateral Quickness high, you’ll pretty much always get cut off when you drive to the basket unless you break the defender’s ankles first. The higher you set On Ball Defense, the harder it is to trigger the ankle break animation.

If it’s the pick n roll that makes it too easy to attack the basket, you need to increase defensive awareness so the on ball defender is less likely to be taken out by the screen.

Make sure Contest Shots and Play Passing Lanes tendency sliders are both set to 75-100 for the CPU. Also increase the Layup Defense Strength sliders closer to 100 so the defense can better collapse to protect the rim when you attack the basket, and increase the Jump Shot Defense Strength sliders so they can better recover when you dish it back out to the perimeter. Help Defense Strength should be 75+ as well so the nearby defenders are better able to contest a shot.

Drive/Inside Contact Shot Frequency should be around 100 as well so the game triggers contact shots when there’s a defender nearby. Decrease the CPU Shooting Foul frequency to 70 or below so that you don’t constantly get bailed out with foul calls and the defense is allowed to contest at the basket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »