Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-08-2022, 09:39 PM   #233
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K23 Early Impressions

I know they have era specific filters. Can we use them in play now exhibition? Is there a black and white filter like 2012 had ?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-08-2022, 09:39 PM   #234
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7

Is there vibration with the ps5 dual sense when dribbling, etc please? Last year it broke and was never fixed. Thank you.
Old 09-08-2022, 09:46 PM   #235
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Gonna need y’all to double check this stuff before posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 09:51 PM   #236
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I'm not going to say a lot but I wanted to mention that we talked about dynamic adjustments in the blog. Unlike past years we don't have everything on 100 on the first possession.

The more you do the more the system "should" adjust. Like all things this is year one so it will have things it misses or adjustments that may not be 100% effective in changing user behavior.

So we are not bringing the house on drives and stuff until we see oh you can drive and score.

Also the game was tuned for FUN. not simply difficulty. We don't have enough tools to make it difficult without the AI just straight cheesing you. I think you remember what that felt like and I know some of you hated that.

So for some of you the game just won't be difficult enough so you will need to make adjustments. That is the trade-off for now.

We have on ball defensive delay on the the AI. This gives them more human reaction times. This is not tuned overly tight. I could tighten that up and your lanes and drives would get much harder but that is not always fun getting stone-walled.

That is why with faster players like Jordan when you start from a stand the drives seem too easy for some of you. Because we don't have the Ai anticipating your drives he is waiting and reacting and then with the new body-up tuning and data you have a more open game.

In current era we want drives and free flowing offense. You want more body-ups play in era's with hand-checks and increased body-ups.

PS. Just wanted to mention that the delay is scaled based on defensive ratings but not game difficulty. Also and offensive player with clamp breaker vs a defender without clamps is basically an open door some drives you are getting vs poor defenders will not have the same outcomes as vs great on-ball defenders so who is guarding you, will also make a difference.
so has the cpu defense been tuned since community day? Because everybody that posted gameplay from community day says getting by the cpu was harder in 23 than 22 but you have guys in here saying that theyre blowing past the cpu with ease, I'm kinda confused with the different perceptions
Old 09-08-2022, 09:58 PM   #237
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Gonna need y’all to double check this stuff before posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm just going to wait. I had a tiny freakout lol.
Old 09-08-2022, 10:05 PM   #238
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
It can. Not in game though. It’s in settings within the mode. The filter was killing my eyes for 83! I’m old! Lol
thx, do you happen to know where in settings? I can't find in
Old 09-08-2022, 10:07 PM   #239
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vido9388
so has the cpu defense been tuned since community day? Because everybody that posted gameplay from community day says getting by the cpu was harder in 23 than 22 but you have guys in here saying that theyre blowing past the cpu with ease, I'm kinda confused with the different perceptions
At some point yes. Defense was not touched but dribble launch speeds were sped up. It was a lockup fest before the speed change. Had folks STRUGGLING hahahahaha.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-08-2022, 10:09 PM   #240
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofx7
thx, do you happen to know where in settings? I can't find in
Go to calendar in mynba era, hit b, go to options, select settings, hit gameplay, Scroll down to era screen effects and turn off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »