Home

Day 1 Patch to fix the Bugs?

This is a discussion on Day 1 Patch to fix the Bugs? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2022, 12:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Day 1 Patch to fix the Bugs?

So I’m assuming we getting a day 1 patch to fix the bugs right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 12:42 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Day 1 Patch to fix the Bugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TELFONROCK5
So I’m assuming we getting a day 1 patch to fix the bugs right?
Like what bugs are you seeing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2022, 01:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Like what bugs are you seeing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The CAP system is broken players don't look themselves in-game
Old 09-08-2022, 01:27 PM   #4
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

I hope they don't rush the day 1 patch based on the amount of post I've been reading and watching users on live streaming having some issues. I really hope 2K is gathering all the information then do the day 1 patch to solved all the problems.
Old 09-08-2022, 01:42 PM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I’ll put up a Big and Glitches thread soon, lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 01:59 PM   #6
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
I hope they don't rush the day 1 patch based on the amount of post I've been reading and watching users on live streaming having some issues. I really hope 2K is gathering all the information then do the day 1 patch to solved all the problems.

A day-1 patch is never based off release-week feedback. There’s absolutely no way to have that kind of turnaround time, especially since Sony and Microsoft need to clear the patches before they go live and that process takes days on its own. Any issues resolved on a day 1 patch are issues they knew about before players got their hands on the game.
Old 09-08-2022, 02:39 PM   #7
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
A day-1 patch is never based off release-week feedback. There’s absolutely no way to have that kind of turnaround time, especially since Sony and Microsoft need to clear the patches before they go live and that process takes days on its own. Any issues resolved on a day 1 patch are issues they knew about before players got their hands on the game.
Exactly, a day 1 patch is just the final code they were working on up until release. The reason the game doesn't have it is because the game has to go gold a couple weeks before they finish so they can ship by release date. Patch 2 will be the one that takes into account things from post launch. I wouldn't expect that one until near the opening of the NBA season in mid-late October.
Old 09-08-2022, 02:55 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Exactly, a day 1 patch is just the final code they were working on up until release. The reason the game doesn't have it is because the game has to go gold a couple weeks before they finish so they can ship by release date. Patch 2 will be the one that takes into account things from post launch. I wouldn't expect that one until near the opening of the NBA season in mid-late October.

So are you saying they released an unfinished game to the public and will patch in the final code on release day?

If so, this is why I hate the current state of gaming. They can release a product and fix it or finish it throughout the year. By that business model they should take part of our payments per incremental patch instead of asking for pre-orders, full price, and the constant pop-up reminders during the opening of the previous year's game. No more full price.

If 10 patches are planned, and I'm buying the $150 edition, then charge me $15 per patch throughout the year instead of upfront. If more patches come after the 10, and I've already fully paid, issue me a refund for the patch overage. Just a thought no matter how crazy it may seem.

And what is this about the game having to "go Gold" a couple of weeks before they finish?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »