Home

Gaming per hour yea ok 2k smh

This is a discussion on Gaming per hour yea ok 2k smh within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-19-2023, 10:36 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Gaming per hour yea ok 2k smh

Looks like we are heading into dark times of video gaming thanks to the take two boss
If charging per hour to play 2k becomes a reality
That's when I'm gonna retire from gaming
Better keep your physical and old Gen consoles that's what I should of done with my ps2-nfl-2k5
��

https://youtu.be/xarrvFNx1P0?si=B33gK59K4Ki4Zg27
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2023, 10:56 PM   #2
Rookie

m29a's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gaming per hour yea ok 2k smh

Always worth remembering headlines are meant to draw maximum attention and can be very cherry picked/stretched to fit a viewpoint.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/straus...-value-opinion

Quote:
Zelnick's answer actually doesn't suggest games should be priced hourly. Instead, his response is simply the same long-held view from executives in this business that video games (broadly speaking) are good value for money because of the depth and, yes, length of the experience.

Here's the quote: "In terms of pricing for any entertainment property, basically the algorithm is the value of the expected entertainment usage, which is to say that the per-hour value times the number of expected hours, plus the terminal value that's perceived by the customer in ownership if the title is owned or subscribed to. And, you'll see that, that bears out in every kind of entertainment vehicle.

"By that standard, our frontline prices are still very, very low because we offer many hours of engagement. The value of the engagement is very high. So, I think the industry, as a whole, offers a terrific price-to-value opportunity for consumers. That doesn't necessarily mean that the industry has pricing power or wants to have pricing power. However, there is a great deal of value offered. And look, it's our strategy here to deliver much more value than what we charge consumers. It's always been our strategy here. We want to make sure the experience is first-class, and the nature of the experience is not just the quality of what we offer, it's also what you pay for it, everyone knows that anecdotally."

Zelnick is speaking to the idea that video games are worth the asking price because of the amount of entertainment you're getting out of them. 80 hours of gameplay in GTA 5 for $60 is better value for money than two hours of the Barbie movie for $12, for example.
Old 11-19-2023, 11:12 PM   #3
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
Always worth remembering headlines are meant to draw maximum attention and can be very cherry picked/stretched to fit a viewpoint.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/straus...-value-opinion
Keep thinking these ceo in the gaming industry aren't serious said the same thing about microtransaction and walla VC was born
I believe he was Tipping other companies to go first so he won't be the bad guy all it takes is one domino to fall
Madden caught the same heat when they introduced MUT and 2k was like we want a slice of that micro pie
In the future they don't want a slice they want the whole Pizza at your expense

Btw that movie entertainment analogy didn't make any sense at all what am I gonna do fight the final boss after the movie is over lol that was just greed talking

Last edited by simbayless; 11-19-2023 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-20-2023, 05:04 AM   #4
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Do you know how long this has been a subject in the video game industry? He was just saying video games provide more bang for your buck than other forms of entertainment.
Old 11-20-2023, 10:31 AM   #5
Pro

If you read the actual article, video game executives across every company have been saying the same thing for the past 15 years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2023, 11:55 AM   #6
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
If you read the actual article, video game executives across every company have been saying the same thing for the past 15 years
Old gamers raised grew up playing Nintendo NES (90"s kids) like myself are dying out
So I think they banking on the new kids the ones that steal they mama credit card just to get some virtual items from Fortnite
By the time they hit 18 that gambling spirit didn't go away and I that's when companies gonna go all in daily on your wallet
So basically they grooming these kids to gamble
Think of it like going to the arcade and have to pay four quarters to start the process except it will be at your own home entertainment
Woooww👀👀👀Lawmakers please nip this in the bid before a greedy company spark up that won't go out 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Old 11-20-2023, 12:56 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

Its not happening bro. I get we want to be nervous but this doenst have any steam for this to happen within the next 3 years.

You wont have to worry about this for a long while, so put that gaming jersey back on cause we wont be retiring soon.

We buy the game, and thats it. Any extra microtransactions is on us that they offer. We are all good my G.

Remember that video games are a business, they will add more microtransactions to make things better but this prolly wont even make any movement soon.

All is well
Old 11-20-2023, 03:12 PM   #8
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Y'all got mad when you had to pay 5 dollars to get your player to a 90.

That was 2k13.

Now it's almost 100 dollars to get him to an 85.

Add the "battle pass" this year and being able to pay to level 40 is real.

Online is pointless now because day 1 of the season if you don't pay an ADDITIONAL 75 to level 40 your first day you're a scrub.

This is surprising to you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »