Home

playcalling in my career

This is a discussion on playcalling in my career within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
playcalling in my career

in cg 2k14 you have either be a pg or have the on court coach sig skill to call plays. does anyone know if this is how its going to be in ng too? will we at least be able to call basic things like isolations even if we dont have that sig skill? one of my biggest gripes in cg is getting a mismatch but not being able to take advantage because i dont have the occ skill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Andrews's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: playcalling in my career

I agree. To be successful in my career you have to be able to control the team with play calling on offense and defense, regardless of the position you choose. The 10,000 point VC barrier is too high for those that want to try something other than the PG (or Point Forward) positions. Just lowering the cost would be a big step forward.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

i dont mind not being able to call plays from any position because thats really not realistic. but i should at least be able to call the basics like an iso if im an athletic sg/sf and i get a big slow center on me. or call an iso if i get matched with a pg in the post. just the basics is good enough for a non point man.

i just dont like having to use up one of my sig skill slots just to call the occasional thing like that when i dont want to be the one calling plays every possession.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

I like how its done on CG offensively outside of the fact we can't call iso with mismatches like you stated.

I just hope there are improvements defensively. In CG you teammates are just HORRIBLE on defense. Hopefully the Points of Emphasis fixes that though.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 11-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
I like how its done on CG offensively outside of the fact we can't call iso with mismatches like you stated.

I just hope there are improvements defensively. In CG you teammates are just HORRIBLE on defense. Hopefully the Points of Emphasis fixes that though.
if coaching styles actually play a difference. no point in having them if every team you go to does the same
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »